In a weird way, the GOP may have handed itself an opportunity on ABORTION

I'm seeing several articles on how the GOP is trying to figure out a way to mitigate the damage from their overreach on abortion (yes, I know some of the True Believers will deny there has been any overreach, but we're going to deal with reality here).

The answer may be right in front of them. All they have to do is embrace a word that appears to scare the living shit out of their base.

Their smartest move may be to say, "okay, let's compromise on abortion. We want strict limits, you want no limits. WE are willing to COMPROMISE. Let's have a 16-week limit, plus the regular exceptions. We can meet in the middle, it will be available in a vast majority of situations, and everyone can get some of what they really want."

Instead of their standard, ham handed, all-or-nothing approach, they have a chance to be the adult in the room for a change. And who knows, maybe it won't kill them, and they'll be able to lead the way on OTHER issues, TOO. Maybe this could START something.

Not holding my breath.

It makes zero since for anyone to negotiate a “middle” on their right to decide their own healthcare for their own bodies. Women will not compromise their right to be a full independent decision maker on the inside of their body no matter what Republicans offer.

Additionally the republicans that offer a “middle” are admitting a fetus is not a human life so at that point they have lost the argument.

/——/ First, I’m sorry the woman lost her baby. Secondly, she should have shopped around for another OBGYN. Nowhere did they say it was illegal to abort a stillborn, but it had to be verified otherwise the doctor and mother could lie. 3. If it was my wife, I wouldn’t have sat on my ass waiting, I’d have driven her to another state to get it done.
4. The news story was slanted, and they preyed upon a grieving mother.
No excuses.

It makes zero since for anyone to negotiate a “middle” on their right to decide their own healthcare for their own bodies. Women will not compromise their right to be a full independent decision maker on the inside of their body no matter what Republicans offer.

Additionally the republicans that offer a “middle” are admitting a fetus is not a human life so at that point they have lost the argument.
Now that abortion access is literally being cut off in some areas, don't you think that women would prefer to compromise rather than lose the option outright?

Now that abortion access is literally being cut off in some areas, don't you think that women would prefer to compromise rather than lose the option outright?
I do. But I guess what I am saying is that wont get the Pubs any credit. Telling a woman she has some autonomy won’t get her vote. It might make GOP moderates feel less like Christian terrorists but it’s not going to win anyone over.

I'm not a fan of the Dems either, but yeah, right now the GQP is still mired in their purity testing. The Dems have played it right, just staying calm and pointing at the GOP. The True Believers running the party seem to think purity is good politics. I don't get it.
Fear of the base.
It is the only thing driving elected GOP

and the funny part is they did it to themselves by going after every nutjob group in the country on issues that have nothing to do with Republicanism.

I do. But I guess what I am saying is that wont get the Pubs any credit. Telling a woman she has some autonomy won’t get her vote. It might make GOP moderates feel less like Christian terrorists but it’s not going to win anyone over.
Part of my hope is that it might break their cycle of purity across the board. Limbaugh told them that cooperation is evil, and they still believe it.

Maybe they could learn that it isn't, and that could lead to better things.

Not trying to go pollyanna here, but I'd sure like to hope that we can think our way out of this.

Thats your made up standard

People on life support are no more human than the unborn child

Sometimes the family pulls the plug on them but only after there is no chance of recovery
''At 12 weeks its as human as you or I"

People on life support aren't in the womb.
Your continued reliance on irrelevance to support your scientifically indefensible position makes you look sillier than normal.

Let me explain in pictures...
According to you this is a human
1699726329416.png

And this is a fetus
1699726399762.png

Clear enough?

Fear of the base.
It is the only thing driving elected GOP

and the funny part is they did it to themselves by going after every nutjob group in the country on issues that have nothing to do with Republicanism.
You would think GOP States that have bans realize what it is doing to the healthcare system. Loss of professionals and closures of clinics.

You would think GOP States that have bans realize what it is doing to the healthcare system. Loss of professionals and closures of clinics.
They don't care.
In fact, the less healthcare available for women, the better.
Gives them even more control over women.

Remember that all religions blame women for bringing evil into the world so every action that CAN be taken to control these sources of evil MUST be taken.

And anyone unwilling to take such action is unfit for office.

They don't care.
In fact, the less healthcare available for women, the better.
Gives them even more control over women.

Remember that all religions blame women for bringing evil into the world so every action that CAN be taken to control these sources of evil MUST be taken.

And anyone unwilling to take such action is unfit for office.
Like Idaho who have very restrictive abortion laws where doctors go elsewhere because of them. I would be pissed if my wife had to give birth on the side of the road.

Like Idaho who have very restrictive abortion laws where doctors go elsewhere because of them. I would be pissed if my wife had to give birth on the side of the road.
Better hope she's giving birth on that road otherwise they might sentence her to a stint in prison to keep her under control.

DNC rally here. They will not comprimise lol.

While some wouldnt some would same as your side.

You went with then a panel. I would at 15 then a panel. Along with those not an adult have to have the parents permission.

4 months is emough time to decide.

Why would you have to give birth on the side of the road? That is retarded

''At 12 weeks its as human as you or I"

People on life support aren't in the womb.
Your continued reliance on irrelevance to support your scientifically indefensible position makes you look sillier than normal.

Let me explain in pictures...
According to you this is a human
View attachment 856858

And this is a fetus
View attachment 856859

Clear enough?
Wrong

We are human based on DNA

The unborn child you pictured is just as human as the bearded man

Forum List

Back