Impeachment is a Political Process: When Enough GOP Politicians Eventually Turn On Trump

Is *Collusion The Necessary Condition For Impeachment?

• yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • no

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I'm clueless and I don't understand what *collusion is or how it works

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
How many silly, baseless threads are liberals going to post with no actual evidence that would remotely justify impeachment?

Quoting a left-wing, lying hack like Adam Schiff is not evidence. How many times does Schiff need to be caught lying before you guys will stop using him as a source?

Did you learn nothing from the recent debacle of the phony BuzzFeed story that Trump allegedly told Cohen to lie to Congress about real estate deals in Russia?

Look, anyone who knows anything about how federal investigations work knows that if Mueller had evidence that Trump colluded with Russia, he would have leaked it by now and there would be indictments over that evidence. The fact that neither action has occurred should tell any politically aware person that Mueller has no collusion evidence on Trump.
Evidence for impeachment? Prime example of how you people create straw men to argue with, which allows you people to address any inconvenient points made or argued -- "Now we know Trump, like Flynn, was compromised by the Russians." One House leader in a position to bring charges for impeachment.

How clueless can you people be? The thread is about impeachment, not conviction in the Senate. The thread is about what most everyone with two working brain cells knows and admits: impeachment is a political process.

Impeachment explained for Wingnuts/Dummies 101: The House brings charges of impeachment, such as a prosecutor does in a legal proceeding. The Senate is presented with evidence - after an impeachment charge is brought. The Senate then weighs evidence, after an impeachment
Absolutely requires a Congressional hearing

Impeachment is a Political Process: When Enough GOP Politicians Eventually Turn On Trump, *Collusion will not be *the necessary condition for impeachment.

an interesting article has touched on what I, a True Red, White, and Blue Liberal have said long ago to some of my more progressive and leftie friends:

I donā€™t know what Trumpā€™s Russian hang-up is, but Trump has one. Somehow, heā€™s compromised. Itā€™s not a necessary condition for impeachment that he be a Russian asset. Cohenā€™s expected testimony to Congress on Feb. 7 is a more gripping prospect by the day.
Opinion | The Strange Persistent Troubling Russian Hang-Up of Donald Trump

One fact is that the new House member in charge of certain things has gone on the record:

Adam Schiff: Trump is compromised. What else is he hiding and who else knows about it?
Adam Schiff, Opinion contributor Published 4:00 a.m. ET Dec. 4, 2018 | Updated 7:47 a.m. ET Dec. 4, 2018
Now we know Trump, like Flynn, was compromised by the Russians. Was the Moscow deal their only financial leverage over the president, or is there more? Adam Schiff: Trump is compromised. What else is he hiding and who else knows about it?

some of my notes:
Mueller wanted people to lie why did he not make Cohen lie?
Mueller is coming and who cares if Trump is in two more years? Eventually the GOP will turn on him as they have been biding their time

I donā€™t know what Trumpā€™s Russian hang-up is, but Trump has one. Somehow, heā€™s compromised. Itā€™s not a necessary condition for impeachment that he be a Russian asset. Cohenā€™s expected testimony to Congress on Feb. 7 is a more gripping prospect by the day.

I was running my business while I was campaigning. There was a good chance that I wouldnā€™t have won, in which case I would have gotten back into the business. And why should I lose lots of opportunities?

Remarks by President Trump Before Marine One Departure | The White House

In ā€œFire and Fury,ā€ Michael Wolff writes that ā€œTrump refused to spend any time considering, however hypothetically, transition matters, saying it was ā€˜bad luckā€™ ā€” but really meaning it was a waste of time.ā€

Opinion | BuzzFeedā€™s Controversial Cohen Story Raises Question: Did Trump Want to Be President?

---

Allow me to ask: Concerning what issue(s) exactly do you suggest Trump be impeached? Serious question.

You do know I hate Trump, right?

The reality is unless you can get the Senate to Convict impeachment is pointless.

2020 is around the corner and your party should focus on beating Trump or is it you believe your side will lose again?
The reality is impeachment as a political process, has been used by one side knowing a conviction in the Senate might not come about.

My party? You do know I am not a Democrat, right?But evidence shows (data) that you and I if we are independent and lean towards one party, are more likely to side with that party than many members of that party? Yep. I looked at it (the data) and laughed at myself, and most likely at you.

The idea of impeachment of Trump is not about an impeachment will cost Trump a reelection. It is a principle to put on the public record how terribly disgusting an individual the an is.

President Pence?

No thanks!
Pence would not have the diehard base Trump does

and looks like Trump's attempt at a compromise on immigration for his special wall is showing strains of maybe fracturing his base

Trump offered a reasonable compromise, democrats look like unhinged Jihadists
really? What was that? LOL

Trump said he would not compromise on his most precious wall.

DACA, what did Nancy offer?
DACA is currently in the courts. Trump has nothing to "give" and even if he did...HIS promise to pass DACA is worthless until it's done

LOL, does he not have a pen and a phone like Barry? It was ok for Soetero, it's ok for Trump. He offered her what she said she wanted. Turns out she didn't really want it.

Yup, what's your point?
Trump wants the wall and offered Nancy her Dreamers. Nancy said no and is not interested in any type of compromise. Trump offered her what she said she wanted. You'll need to be better than this.
They can bargain about the wall and the dreamers when the government is open. Keeping the government open has nothing to do with any most precious wall

President Pence?

No thanks!
Pence would not have the diehard base Trump does

and looks like Trump's attempt at a compromise on immigration for his special wall is showing strains of maybe fracturing his base

Trump offered a reasonable compromise, democrats look like unhinged Jihadists
really? What was that? LOL

Trump said he would not compromise on his most precious wall.

DACA, what did Nancy offer?
DACA is currently in the courts. Trump has nothing to "give" and even if he did...HIS promise to pass DACA is worthless until it's done
Correct ā€“ excellent post.

Yup, what's your point?
Trump wants the wall and offered Nancy her Dreamers. Nancy said no and is not interested in any type of compromise. Trump offered her what she said she wanted. You'll need to be better than this.
They can bargain about the wall and the dreamers when the government is open. Keeping the government open has nothing to do with any most precious wall

Nope. That's caving to Pelosi. Won't happen.

Sure, your Russian spies told you that pee story. Is that "collusion"? Or is that bullshit like Cohen went to Prague? The Dossier was a cool $1.1m that Hillary paid for and the only benefit she got was FISA warrants on the Trump campaign that got Popadope 2-weeks and Flynn on a perjury trap.
The pee story is as credible. or even more so than the birther shit Trump pushed.

I've never said, nor has any leading Democrat claimed that 'collusion is a crime'

What would be criminal, is what and with whom a person has colluded. The why isn't even a crime, but is cause and opportunity

Yup, what's your point?

Caving to Pelosi on what .. keeping a functioning open government? Trump said he would be proud to shut down the government to get something - his most precious wall. He is losing .. read the poll the wingnut media keeps citing as a way of spinning bad news. The wingnuts are focusing on a jump in support from Latinos for performance during a week in January LOL but the poll shows how terrible Trump is doing

Marist Poll: Trump's Latino Support Jumps 19 Points

Poll: Trump Approval Down, Slips With Base

Yup, what's your point?

Caving to Pelosi on what .. keeping a functioning open government? Trump said he would be proud to shut down the government to get something - his most precious wall. He is losing .. read the poll the wingnut media keeps citing as a way of spinning bad news. The wingnuts are focusing on a jump in support from Latinos for performance during a week in January LOL but the poll shows how terrible Trump is doing

Marist Poll: Trump's Latino Support Jumps 19 Points

Poll: Trump Approval Down, Slips With Base

Stupid people still live and die by the same Pollsters who said Trump couldn't win. He isn't losing at all. Turn off your TV, put down your newspapers and open your eyes. Trump is a master player in the game that is the two party system. Unfortunately it's a fake system.

Impeachment is a Political Process: When Enough GOP Politicians Eventually Turn On Trump, *Collusion will not be *the necessary condition for impeachment.

an interesting article has touched on what I, a True Red, White, and Blue Liberal have said long ago to some of my more progressive and leftie friends:

One fact is that the new House member in charge of certain things has gone on the record:

Adam Schiff: Trump is compromised. What else is he hiding and who else knows about it?
Adam Schiff, Opinion contributor Published 4:00 a.m. ET Dec. 4, 2018 | Updated 7:47 a.m. ET Dec. 4, 2018
Now we know Trump, like Flynn, was compromised by the Russians. Was the Moscow deal their only financial leverage over the president, or is there more? Adam Schiff: Trump is compromised. What else is he hiding and who else knows about it?

some of my notes:
Mueller is coming and who cares if Trump is in two more years? Eventually the GOP will turn on him as they have been biding their time

I was running my business while I was campaigning. There was a good chance that I wouldnā€™t have won, in which case I would have gotten back into the business. And why should I lose lots of opportunities?

In ā€œFire and Fury,ā€ Michael Wolff writes that ā€œTrump refused to spend any time considering, however hypothetically, transition matters, saying it was ā€˜bad luckā€™ ā€” but really meaning it was a waste of time.ā€

Opinion | BuzzFeedā€™s Controversial Cohen Story Raises Question: Did Trump Want to Be President?

---

Allow me to ask: Concerning what issue(s) exactly do you suggest Trump be impeached? Serious question.
I believe issues with Trump's handling of business and personal gains at the expense of America might be issues - but it would be silly of me to lay the grounds for impeachment before the Mueller report is out. As it stands now no Democratic leader has brought forth a bill to impeach. Being the average citizen, I do not yet know all the facts, and neither do you.

but impeachment is a political process, and I could make up my own reasons on issues to lead an impeachment charge. But that would be another discussion or thread

There will never be an impeachment. This is nothing but a political tactic being used by Pelosi and her group to cast a shadow over Trump and hurt him politically. Nothing more. In fact, they would love nothing more then to let this hang all the way through 2020. Pelosi is not stupid. They will try to win the war without firing a shot. It might work. Any trial allows for cross examination. Do they want Buzzfeed on the stand? Probably not.

Stupid people still live and die by the same Pollsters who said Trump couldn't win. He isn't losing at all. Turn off your TV, put down your newspapers and open your eyes. Trump is a master player in the game that is the two party system. Unfortunately it's a fake system.
fake? Trump is fake LOL

Actually I followed people who analyze polls, not the people who paid for the polls.

People who analyzed polls I know of never said Trump Cannot Win.

Long before the final day. Nate Silver laid out Trump's path to a win: win the ec vote, while losing the popular vote: which is exactly what happened. Few gave Trump high chances. Trump himself has said he was not sure he would or could win:

"I was running my business while I was campaigning. There was a good chance that I wouldnā€™t have won, in which case I would have gotten back into the business. And why should I lose lots of opportunities?"

ll note: and now yet again, the Trump base is relying on who they claim cannot, and should not ever be trusted to tell the truth about Trump (anyone remember so long ago in Trump-time, that MSM reported Mueller's letter about a story on Cohen/Trump?) And polls! Now if you defend and apologize for Trump you are required to believe in - gulp - polls, polls by those you claim cannot, and should not ever be trusted to tell the truth about Trump.

"What a world, what a word!"

Sure, your Russian spies told you that pee story. Is that "collusion"? Or is that bullshit like Cohen went to Prague? The Dossier was a cool $1.1m that Hillary paid for and the only benefit she got was FISA warrants on the Trump campaign that got Popadope 2-weeks and Flynn on a perjury trap.
The pee story is as credible. or even more so than the birther shit Trump pushed.
I've never said, nor has any leading Democrat claimed that 'collusion is a crime'
What would be criminal, is what and with whom a person has colluded. The why isn't even a crime, but is cause and opportunity

Its not the pee story, its using foreigners during an election. The dems hired Russians and paid them $1.1m to help them win an election. Is that a "conspiracy"? Especially since the FBI & DOJ used it to illegally spy on the Trump campaign.
If collusion is not a crime, which it isn't, then why is the FBI investigating Trump for it? Its Strzok's "insurance policy".
The entire Mueller investigation is invalid since the basis for it is invalid. There was no evidence for the FBI to investigate Trump, it was simple political payback for firing Comey.

some of my notes:

---

I believe issues with Trump's handling of business and personal gains at the expense of America might be issues - but it would be silly of me to lay the grounds for impeachment before the Mueller report is out. As it stands now no Democratic leader has brought forth a bill to impeach. Being the average citizen, I do not yet know all the facts, and neither do you.

but impeachment is a political process, and I could make up my own reasons on issues to lead an impeachment charge. But that would be another discussion or thread

Thanks for the reply.
My idea is to wait & see what Mueller's investigation comes up with; also Mueller has handed multiple facets of info off to other entities so, there may be other investigations besides Mueller's that determine wrong doing. All remains to be seen.

Me? I'm patient in regard to all of this; why?
The US may be in the process of being in uncharted political waters. What do I mean by that?
We may, for the first time, have a POTUS campaign in which American citizens conspired with a foreign government adversary/enemy to subvert a POTUS election.
If there becomes evidence to back this up then we are uncharted political waters.

Just imagine if a POTUS campaign conspired with an adversarial/enemy government to subvert a US POTUS election; that would be a first as far as I know.
If that were to be the case, there is NO Constitutional remedy for such a scenario; NONE.
Why?
If the above scenario actually occurred then the entire ticket would be suspect so, the potential for any 'impeachment' of a POTUS in such a scenario would NOT remedy the situation.
If this were the case, the entire ticket POTUS & Vice POTUS would be tainted.
The ONLY form of remedy for that scenario would be to VOID the election; period.
BUT that is NOT a Constitutional remedy.

So, here is where I am at on the issue:
Allow Mueller to complete his work.
If & only if there is substantiated evidence that the Trump campaign did conspire with Russian government assets to subvert the election, then we KNOW at that time that 'impeachment' as a Constitutional remedy is NO LONGER an option.
Completely VOIDING the election would be the ONLY option, even though not a Constitutional option.
What then?
Then we are a republic no longer; period.
Let the war begin.

fake? Trump is fake LOL

Actually I followed people who analyze polls, not the people who paid for the polls.

Long before the final day. Nate Silver laid out Trump's path to a win: win the ec vote, while losing the popular vote: which is exactly what happened. Few gave Trump high chances. Trump himself has said he was not sure he would or could win:

"I was running my business while I was campaigning. There was a good chance that I wouldnā€™t have won, in which case I would have gotten back into the business. And why should I lose lots of opportunities?"

ll note: and now yet again, the Trump base is relying on who they claim cannot, and should not ever be trusted to tell the truth about Trump (anyone remember so long ago in Trump-time, that MSM reported Mueller's letter about a story on Cohen/Trump?) And polls! Now if you defend and apologize for Trump you are required to believe in - gulp - polls, polls by those you claim cannot, and should not ever be trusted to tell the truth about Trump.

Again....Trump won because of all of the political lies you say does not exist. Everyday the media shills lie and lie some more. Some of them with entertainers have threatened Trump and should be in jail.

fake? Trump is fake LOL

Again....Trump won because of all of the political lies you say does not exist. Everyday the media shills lie and lie some more. Some of them with entertainers have threatened Trump and should be in jail.
Trump won because a foreign power interfered in elections process

Its not the pee story, its using foreigners during an election. The dems hired Russians and paid them $1.1m to help them win an election. Is that a "conspiracy"? Especially since the FBI & DOJ used it to illegally spy on the Trump campaign.
If collusion is not a crime, which it isn't, then why is the FBI investigating Trump for it? Its Strzok's "insurance policy".
The entire Mueller investigation is invalid since the basis for it is invalid. There was no evidence for the FBI to investigate Trump, it was simple political payback for firing Comey.
you're cazy

your posts about Dems and Russians is proof

Forum List

Back