Romney backs Trump on partial shutdown, says ‘I don’t understand’ Pelosi’s position

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
Any progs out there that think this shutdown ends without some funding for a wall can think again

If Mittens is on board, then you can kiss the idea of the President caving goodbye... (not that he would have caved anyway...)

sorry for your loss

Romney backs Trump on partial shutdown, says ‘I don’t understand’ Pelosi’s position

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, on Friday backed President Trump’s stance on the partial government shutdown, backing his call for a wall on the southern border and saying he doesn’t understand Democrats’ positioning on the issue.

"You (Pelosi) and your fellow Democrats have voted for over 600 miles of border fence in the past, why won't you vote for another few miles now?" said Romney, speaking in Ogden, Utah after visiting with officials about the shutdown's impact on the community. "I don't understand their position, I really don't."

Any progs out there that think this shutdown ends without some funding for a wall can think again

If Mittens is on board, then you can kiss the idea of the President caving goodbye... (not that he would have caved anyway...)

sorry for your loss

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, on Friday backed President Trump’s stance on the partial government shutdown, backing his call for a wall on the southern border and saying he doesn’t understand Democrats’ positioning on the issue.

"You (Pelosi) and your fellow Democrats have voted for over 600 miles of border fence in the past, why won't you vote for another few miles now?" said Romney, speaking in Ogden, Utah after visiting with officials about the shutdown's impact on the community. "I don't understand their position, I really don't."
It doesn't matter what the outcome is, you and the rest of the nutters will be declaring total victory on the part of your master negotiator.

you and the rest of the nutters will be declaring total victory
if we get a compromise that includes wall funds? absolutely

and calling me a nutter? now my feeling are hurt V, I thought we were e-friends...
Iconwah.gif

and calling me a nutter? now my feeling are hurt V, I thought we were e-friends...
Iconwah.gif
Aw shucks, I'm sorry. I forgot how sensitive some of you snowflakes can be. Please forgive me.

Iconwah.gif
Aw shucks, I'm sorry. I forgot how sensitive some of you snowflakes can be. Please forgive me.
Don't worry V, I will stick up for you when you are unfairly maligned or banned on the actual butter board :beer:

This is crazy. Trump is trying to compromise and Pelosi is just sticking her head in the sand and acting childish. To make matters worse, she won't compromise on something her own party has supported prior to Trump. The Democrats' position makes no sense. Trump needs to keep this this shutdown until Democrats stop acting like little children.

At some point you have to be perplexed on what Chuck and Nancy are thinking. Especially in regards to border security/ legal immigration. It proves each day they do not care about the voter, but just enjoying the free booze, plane rides, and vacations for photo ops.

Forum List

Back