Immigration - the Republicans' Big Problem

Republicans have a strategy for this: prevent seniors, poor people, minorities and students from voting.

History will record Movement Conservatism as the most criminal and anti-Constitutional political movement in American history.

Welcome to Planet Citizens United.

Your government is now officially for sale

(and it has been purchased)

Well, let's see here….I'm black, 69 years old, retired, and have been voting since John F Kennedy ran for President. NOT ONE SOUL has ever tried to stop me from voting. As a matter of fact, the only group of people that EVER tried to "sway" my vote (by implied intimidation) was DEMOCRATS in the early 70s.

Looks as though I just blew your preposterous notion out of the water you idiot.

You must understand that because you are black (or old) democrats don’t think you are capable enough to get an ID and therefore they are trying to stop you from voting.

Of course, it is the republicans that are racist for thinking that you are just as capable as any white person is of obtaining an ID. That is obvious.

/sarcasm

Well, that's the part that I don't get. I have no trouble whatsoever presenting ID to vote. None whatsoever. I have to show ID to board an airplane, I have to show ID to cash a check, I have to show ID to purchase a firearm (I know - just purchased a .308 last weekend) so what's the big deal about showing ID to cast a ballot? Oh, that's right, it's somehow "degrading" to old black folks, right?

I've got my original Social Security card in my wallet - you young bloods don't remember these, they plainly state on the front - NOT TO BE USED FOR IDENTIFICATION.

I've got a Driver's License, a military retiree ID card and I never mind showing them.

Yeah, sure, we'll focus on immigration when you tell the truth about Obamacare. See, it's odd that after its catastrophic failure, you have all of a sudden switched to immigration reform. Oh by the way, we don't have a problem with immigration. That's a good thing. It's the ILLEGAL immigration that gets our hackles up so.

Please, for pete's sake, learn the difference between legal and illegal immigration... okay?

:eusa_doh:

If anyone knows of any news article in the media which speaks positively of the Republican's backing away from immigration reform please let me know. So far I have found 0 such articles. They must know something about winning elections that does not require popularity.

Forum List

Back