Imagine a US where we all lived by the Bible

R

rdean

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21 NAB

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Would you be allowed to ;pick and choose?

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21 NAB

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Would that be any worse than living by the Quran?

Let us know when Christians start doing this, until then quit your damn harping, you all sound like a bunch of little girls

80-Year-Old Christian Woman Wouldn’t Convert to Islam. ISIS Responded by Doing the Unthinkable

When an eighty-year-old Christian woman refused to abandon her faith for Islam, ISIS did the unthinkable. [Graphic photo follows below.]

Instead of accepting her choice, the terrorists made an example out of her by doing something incredibly heinous.

ABNA reports:

In a village 20 km south east of Mosul in northern Iraq, the so-called Islamic State (IS) militants have burned an Iraqi Christian woman to death.

Sa’ed Mamuzini, representative of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) office in Mosul, said on Tuesday that the militants burned the 80-year-old Iraqi Christian woman, who was from Kremlis in the Nimrud area of the Hamdaneya sub district, east of Mosul.

Mamuzini said that villagers told him that the woman was killed for failing to comply with the strict laws of the self-proclaimed Islamic State.

A gruesome photo of the execution is circulating on social media.

ISIS terrorists have burned an old (80 years) woman in Mosul. She was#christian and didn't want to convert #mosul pic.twitter.com/UoHv4T51Dj

— Dilbar (@DilbarKurd) June 26, 2015

80-Year-Old Christian Woman Wouldn t Convert to Islam. ISIS Responded by Doing the Unthinkable

imagine a US if everyone had to have a mindset like dean.....anyone that does not believe or like what you do...tough shit ....change or leave....

What rdean and Carla intractably refuse to consider is that Western civilization had to come from somewhere.

Slavery is a 10,000 year old institution. It was a reality of the world we all came from. The first laws attempting to regulate slavery were an improvement over zero laws or moral parameters. The first attempts at creating moral parameters surrounding marriage were an improvement over prehistoric methods of simply capturing a woman and dragging her by the hair to the cave.

rdean perpetuates a fallacy, that somehow if ancient man were free of the Bible there would have been no slavery and the Women's Liberation Movement would have started 2,000 years ago. People of more subtle and nuanced intellect can see that modern sensibilities are the end result of a very long human social process.

The concept of freedom from slavery is rooted in the Bible. Virtually every abolitionist in American history was a fervent Christian. The leaders of the Civil Rights movement (MLK and others) were Christians, and the power of their movement was rooted in Biblical themes.

We see the end result of Christian values when the Amish forgave their attacker after he shot up their school house and killed elementary school girls in 2006. We see the same Christian values in the AME church members after 9 of their flock were massacred by Dylann Roof. They live by the Bible. Imagine that.

o

My cousin ( passed away last year ) told me one time, while I was laying on his living room couch ( we wre all going to sleep it was late ) , that if I touched his wife he = would kill me / shoot me. Something to that effect. He was standing against the wall in hallway ( ??? North side ) of his trailer.....I was laying on the couch. Why would my cousin make a comment like that. Me....look at his wife. Stupid. And you would have to know her as to why "looking at her" would be stupid and ridiculous.

For quite some time......I heard the theme song...and lyrics to the TV show "M.A.S.H" - repetitively. The lyrics distinct.

"that suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate....."

People killing themselves is stupid also......and I greatly dislike murder-suicide. Men killing wife then himself.....men killing child(ren) them themselves. I dealt with a suicide one time, that person done it as they believed they would end this life and begin another one........"Born Again" as I will say. They were bright, smart and very intellectual. But they believed that the anguish and pain they were having was too much to bear, and that they wanted to die ; returning to the world a newborn. Where do people get this stuff at?

Starting at my current job about 14 years ago, People would transfer phone calls to me from one gate to the one I worked - women moaning and groaning......a voice in the background with a person saying call this number to have a good time ( phone sex :( ). On the company phone ( PBX ) system. Stupid people. Again...I believed it to be sanctioned activity.

Me getting free advertisements in the mail for Playboy and Maxim magazine. About the year 2000, or 2001 - I would get advertisements to subscribe to Maxim and Playboy Magazine......ALONG WITH numerous, upon numerous credit card applications. Someone was "messing with me" I believed, as it was "Too Much at One time"! Someone was filling out the cards or application information and putting my name and address on the info card ( like is found in some magazines ) and having that info sent to me......IN BOMBARDMENTS. Assanine people there is....I swear. Command and Control......just like they teach us in the Military.

Religion I believe is spreading.....but not at an alarming rate. How do you get Christianity to all parts of Africa, South America, all the Islands that have third and forth world inhabitants, and the very rural places in Europe.

God created everyone.......just some people he created far-far away from civilization.

My former foreman from 4th shift, leaning against the counter ( east end - leaning back toward the east ) in Gate One - while we were working day shift, speaking to me about...and mentioning my former doctors name. I did not tell him my former doctors name ( from September of 2007 ) , so how did he know her name.....and how did he know I was seeing her for consultation. Was he trying to intimidate....or scare me? HOW DID he know whom my former doctor was ( female from September of the year 2007 ) and when I seen her? He is supposedly religious...very religious, and goes to church every Sunday. Him sometimes bragging about being able to track his son on his phone......or track me, as many times as I repetitively ran into the same person numerous times. He, making me do my job inside the plant.....as well as other peoples jobs.

I am a guy whom likes to sip a cold beer and watch a moving lighting storm in the distance. I like being on a mountain top high and seeing the fall colors, enjoying a swaying campfire of a night while I cook a steak on it ( Which is what I do when I go camping ). I was born and raised in a Baptist church.....joining the Military my junior year of High School, finishing my Senior Year of High School and shortly there after going active duty - stationed in Texas. I still go to church, and I still have the bible that was presented to me my Senior year of High School. But with that being said......I have been though torturous amounts of chaos, and the sabotaging of my life, my work, and my family over the past twenty-two years or so. I have put up and dealt with extreme and powerful psychological, physical and mental games by people whom greatly dislike me....and would like to see nothing more than my demise and failure.

Christianity would be more successful, if people would have the patience for it ; and people very knowledgeable with the contents of the bible were avaible to preach.....without prejudice or reservations.

Shadow 355

Last edited:
imagine if we lived in a world without religion

I imagine that all the time.
Everyone being educated (esp in epistemology & scientific methods) and having a supportive childhood,.
What a wonderful fantasy!

Everyone being educated (esp in epistemology & scientific methods) and having a supportive childhood,.

Religion creates hate and puts up invisible/physical boarders between people. Why on earth do we have states!? Oh yes because we have different beliefs but we can trade goods by exploiting one another (for US it exploits everyone) but you cannot cross our state border because you think differently.This is insane! As humanity we should praise to be different. society should strive to seek out and welcome those of apposite views and ideas to better our selves in understanding and humanity as a whole.

Religion creates hate and puts up invisible/physical boarders between people. Why on earth do we have states!? Oh yes because we have different beliefs but we can trade goods by exploiting one another (for US it exploits everyone) but you cannot cross our state border because you think differently.This is insane! As humanity we should praise to be different. society should strive to seek out and welcome those of apposite views and ideas to better our selves in understanding and humanity as a whole.

What? You're all over the map

Forum List

Back