I'm Sick Of Winter

Gonna snow big on the Wasatch over the next couple days.

Ya-freakin'-yoo!

Ralph-Skiing-Dec-2010003.jpg

Gonna snow big on the Wasatch over the next couple days.

Ya-freakin'-yoo!

Ralph-Skiing-Dec-2010003.jpg
Congrats! Don't break nothin you can't get over before next season!;) My ski season is over, and we're planning PJ's beach getaway. You are getting more snow. Here in West Tennessee, it is supposed to be 78 degrees Wednesday or Thursday, so no snow and nothing to ski down if there was.

I'm so sick of winter and ready for spring. Maybe I'll start a garden this year. :)
I'm going to lose money on my ski pass this year. We have kind of gotten burned. Warm until Hallowe'en, then snow until January. Since January it has been unseasonably warm--high 30s and low 40s. Snow is melting fast. Going on a trip the first two weeks in March so it is looking bleak for chances left to ski. I will be surprised if we have snow when we get back. Such is life.

I'm going to lose money on my ski pass this year. We have kind of gotten burned. Warm until Hallowe'en, then snow until January. Since January it has been unseasonably warm--high 30s and low 40s. Snow is melting fast. Going on a trip the first two weeks in March so it is looking bleak for chances left to ski. I will be surprised if we have snow when we get back. Such is life.
Bummer. Lift tickets were higher than ever this year.:(

Bummer. Lift tickets were higher than ever this year.:(
Yeah, I have skied the Tahoe area a lot in the past. Ten years ago Heavenly Valley was about $100 a day but I hear they are over $200 now. How can families afford to go skiing anymore. I guess if I put it into perspective, our local place is a deal at $70/day. My super senior season pass is just $325, so if I get two more days in, I beat the day rate.

I'm so sick of winter and ready for spring. Maybe I'll start a garden this year. :)
Move to Florida. I lived in the Ohio snow belt a mile from Lake Erie. It sucked.

So half a century ago I moved to Florida. Once you adapt to the heat in the summer it‘s a great place to live. No state income tax either.

Yeah, I have skied the Tahoe area a lot in the past. Ten years ago Heavenly Valley was about $100 a day but I hear they are over $200 now. How can families afford to go skiing anymore. I guess if I put it into perspective, our local place is a deal at $70/day. My super senior season pass is just $325, so if I get two more days in, I beat the day rate.

Heavenly is 225 per day for 19-64 years old.

I got military, so for me it wasn't bad. One of my twins paid full as never in, and yep, it was pretty bad. Sister-in-law is still active Colonel. They liked the heck out of still active duty veterans. She got a totally free pass for the week and they said if she was going to be around, they would make it season. Lots of Snow in Colorado. I heard Alta, Utah, having close to record snow.

I got military, so for me it wasn't bad. One of my twins paid full as never in, and yep, it was pretty bad. Sister-in-law is still active Colonel. They liked the heck out of still active duty veterans. She got a totally free pass for the week and they said if she was going to be around, they would make it season. Lots of Snow in Colorado. I heard Alta, Utah, having close to record snow.
They don't have any real deals for vets up this way. Usually discounted the same as a student pass.

Heavenly is 225 per day for 19-64 years old.
So how much are Northstar and Alpine? Squaw? They must be up there too. I mostly skied Homewood or Sierra -- those others were too rich for my blood except when I wanted to splurge. I really liked Northstar, but the last time I was there you had to park in Truckee or so it seemed, so it has been a looooooooong time since I've skied there.

One of the reasons I love living in the South is the random warm days in the middle of winter.

Today it was sunny and 60 degrees. I sat out in my backyard with a cup of coffee and a cigar, just soaking up the vitamin D.
You sound like my brother. He lives near Tampa--I see they're going to be 91 or so in the next day or two. Way too hot for me. He likes sitting on the patio and smoking a stogie too.

Forum List

Back