I'm Sick Of Winter

So how much are Northstar and Alpine? Squaw? They must be up there too. I mostly skied Homewood or Sierra -- those others were too rich for my blood except when I wanted to splurge. I really liked Northstar, but the last time I was there you had to park in Truckee or so it seemed, so it has been a looooooooong time since I've skied there.

Those are both cheaper. Mt. Rose is about 2/3 Heavenlys price. Squaw is about the same as Heavenly.

Diamond Peak is around 150.

LOL..
Here in south Texas the weather is sliding into spring.
It was 75 today and 80 is forecasted for the next 10 days.
I'll never live in a northern state.
I feel the same in reverse. I lived in warmer climes through my working years, but I enjoy winter sports and I don't mind the cold or snow. I like seeing the seasons change. Different strokes.

Move to Florida. I lived in the Ohio snow belt a mile from Lake Erie. It sucked.

So half a century ago I moved to Florida. Once you adapt to the heat in the summer it‘s a great place to live. No state income tax either.
But beware Florida has by far the worst drivers in the nation.

But beware Florida has by far the worst drivers in the nation.

That is a fact. What makes it worse is that there only seem to be two kinds of driver. Either it is old people driving 40mph in the left lane of the interstate or youngsters driving souped up cars doing 90 in residential areas.

That is a fact. What makes it worse is that there only seem to be two kinds of driver. Either it is old people driving 40mph in the left lane of the interstate or youngsters driving souped up cars doing 90 in residential areas.
They are unbelievably aggressive. Around Tampa St Pete they incur fatalities daily from car accidents. Crazy bastards.

crocus are blooming....jonquils are next...garden is tilled...raised beds are planted (hubby gets credit there) fire wood is left over...hens are laying again...tractor supply gets chicks this week...my hubby had good weather for his birthday and went hiking...

Move to Florida. I lived in the Ohio snow belt a mile from Lake Erie. It sucked.

Lol I live in Ohio right now and I could never move to Florida even if I wanted to because I don't have the funds. I like the change of seasons anyways. I don't hate winter, I'm just ready for spring and summer is all.

Time to go waaaa. :abgg2q.jpg:

Why?

I loved my winter holidays in Florida.

Lol didn't Florida just recently get snow?

Lol didn't Florida just recently get snow?
I think they said it would be 91 degrees in central FL today. LOL I don't mind warmer weather, but, like you I like the seasons as well. We are going to HI for two weeks next week, so I will get some uncommon warm weather, but with warm weather come CROWDS and I hate crowds. We will be visiting one of the lesser visited islands so that is a plus. I have a brother who lives in FL and he is always talking about how warm it is "where everyone likes to vacation" LOL, that's the problem--too many people.

I think they said it would be 91 degrees in central FL today. LOL I don't mind warmer weather, but, like you I like the seasons as well. We are going to HI for two weeks next week, so I will get some uncommon warm weather, but with warm weather come CROWDS and I hate crowds. We will be visiting one of the lesser visited islands so that is a plus. I have a brother who lives in FL and he is always talking about how warm it is "where everyone likes to vacation" LOL, that's the problem--too many people.

Ever been to New Mexico? They can have temperatures over a hundred but it's dry heat so it never feels like it. Anyways it was a few weeks ago when I heard that Florida was supposed to hit the forties or the upper thirties.

Ever been to New Mexico? They can have temperatures over a hundred but it's dry heat so it never feels like it. Anyways it was a few weeks ago when I heard that Florida was supposed to hit the forties or the upper thirties.
Strange that you would mention NM. I attended third through sophomore year in Las Cruces. I love that state and have nothing but fond memories. They have some decent skiing there around Taos and Ruidoso as well and you can still escape the crowds, but I am settled in the NW and I'll be here for the duration.

Other than the one cold snap we had in December, this has been a mild winter for sure here.
Lots of 40s-50s, several 60s and a handful of 70s. Quite unusual to hit 70 in early February, but we did. As far as snow, we had a couple inches and that was about it.
Not a bad winter at all.

Other than the one cold snap we had in December, this has been a mild winter for sure here.
Lots of 40s-50s, several 60s and a handful of 70s. Quite unusual to hit 70 in early February, but we did. As far as snow, we had a couple inches and that was about it.
Not a bad winter at all.

Same here, I just prefer the warmer temperatures. 😊

Forum List

Back