I'm proud to be part of the 'Silent Majority'

Tiger

Mar 2, 2008
Got some of this from email:

I realize some of those from the Vietnam era may take offense, but there are more of the old timers of the previous eras who served there along with you are proud to wear the symbol of the flag and salute and repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.

They are the SILENT MAJORITY with tears in their eyes!

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec.171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides," Obama said. "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

It is obvious that this man does not respect our symbols of pride and freedom and respect.

This man proposes to be the Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces who fight for our flag and our veterans who have fought, died, been maimed, over the last 150 years?

I suspect that he also does not believe in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag but yet when you see him making a speech on television (such as the recent Philadelphia race speech) he is surrounded by a backdrop of 10 or more American flags! He likes those props!

You can assume from all this that he is a fake and a hypocrite.

Something is very wrong here and that's frightening.

It is obvious that this man is anti-American

It is obvious that this man is for a one world Islam.

It is obvious that if this man saluted the flag Farrakhan wouldn't back him

Obama Cannot Denounce And Reject Farrakhan!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnWQ3zSZg24&feature=related[/ame]

Obama stumbles in MSNBC Debate on Israel and Islam
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZJePN40fw&feature=related[/ame]

Tiger wrote:
I suspect that he also does not believe in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag

The pledge of allegiance should be abolished outright. It is government personnel that should be pledging their allegience to the people whom they serve. This should be a daily requirement for them, and be a reminder that they are not the masters, but the servants.

Obama Cannot Denounce And Reject Farrakhan

What bullshit. You just proved that assuming makes an ass out of you and in this case not me. Let the swiftboating begin.

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides," Obama said. "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it."

Please show me the context of where and when he said this.

thank you.

Rather than wait for you to show me where this came from, here is some more information.

Now this was news to me, and I found it difficult to believe that the press had not had more of field day with such quotes, and the reason was easy enough to find. The quote originated at a right wing blog, and was meant as satire. The same kind of satire that involved Obama being a Muslim I suppose. But regardless, this fictional quote is one of many now being spread around as if it were an actual truth, and even though it took me less than five minutes to discover the source of the fiction, no one else seems to be bothering to do so. I even tried to convey these findings to the person who had sent the email, and their response was simply to keep implicating Obama in not covering his heart with his hand during the national anthem.

You know, I have long thought that as long as the Republicans were going to play dirty, if not outright filthy, than perhaps Democrats should respond in kind. But I am afraid that some seem to missed the actual aim of such partisan attacks, in that you are, at least in theory, supposed to use these tactics against the other party. Well, Democrats are new to such ideas as simply spreading outright lies and repeating them over and over and over.

But the Democratic party had better pull it’s collective head from its own arse. If they are to have any real chance at progressing beyond the mockery that politics can be, and indeed currently is in a state of, they need to move the attacks against those who so richly deserve it, and for Christ’s sake, stop using conservative B.S. to attack each other with.

IT'S ANOTHER FRIGGING LIE DISGUISED AS TRUTH.:cuckoo:

Here is what he really said. Tiger, if this is true, does it make it any different?

10-4-07 Obama's comments about not wearing flag pin
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3690000

"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq War, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I WON'T wear that pin on my chest.

"Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testimony to my patriotism."

"I'm less concerned with what you're wearing on your lapel than what's in your heart.", Obama said Thursday while campaigning in Independence, Iowa.

"You show your patriotism by how you treat your fellow Americans, especially those who serve. And you show your patriotism by being true to your values and ideals. And that"s what we have to lead with, our values and ideals."

His own words speak for themselves.

I will bet that most of the pins that are worn by those who think this is the only thing they have to do to be a patriot are probably made in CHINA:rofl:

Please show me the context of where and when he said this.

thank you.

I think it's pretty obvious as well as simple. While I don't think wearing a flag pin is any big deal one way or the other, the man who proposes to be this Nation's leader and CinC says he does't want to "take sides?"

Sorry. Our President needs to be on OUR side, period. IF he's not on OUR side, then he doesn't have enough conviction to hold the position.

I think it's pretty obvious as well as simple. While I don't think wearing a flag pin is any big deal one way or the other, the man who proposes to be this Nation's leader and CinC says he does't want to "take sides?"

Sorry. Our President needs to be on OUR side, period. IF he's not on OUR side, then he doesn't have enough conviction to hold the position.

Ray's point is that he didn't say that. That quote was made up as satire. It isn't Obama's quote.

the man who proposes to be this Nation's leader and CinC says he does't want to "take sides?"

Gunny, if he said that I wouldn't vote for him. He didn't say it. It was one of those so called satires that in this case a right wing blogger started probably knowing it would morph into a real speech.

OBAMA NEVER SAID THAT. READ THE TEXT I POSTED OF HIS REAL SPEECH ABOUT WEARING THE FLAG.

Trust nothing you read about any of the candidates without checking it out.

Too many of US live by the soundbite that catches our attention or reinforces our current view.

The internet is a powerful tool for both good and bullshit.:evil:

Too many of US live by the soundbite that catches our attention or reinforces our current view.

You mean like your attacks on McCain? Like the one where you accuse him of being responsible for losing a plane IN Combat, another because of a flame out and a third because a rocket hit it? Those kind of posts?

Trust nothing you read, see or hear from any politician because if their lips are moving, their lying.

Gunny, if he said that I wouldn't vote for him. He didn't say it. It was one of those so called satires that in this case a right wing blogger started probably knowing it would morph into a real speech.

OBAMA NEVER SAID THAT. READ THE TEXT I POSTED OF HIS REAL SPEECH ABOUT WEARING THE FLAG.

Okay ... my bad. Should have noticed it came froma blog. I'm usually skeptical of them.

I never had an issue with whether or not he nor anyone else wears a flag pin.

Got some of this from email:

I realize some of those from the Vietnam era may take offense, but there are more of the old timers of the previous eras who served there along with you are proud to wear the symbol of the flag and salute and repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.

They are the SILENT MAJORITY with tears in their eyes!

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin, presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec.171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

It is obvious that this man does not respect our symbols of pride and freedom and respect.

This man proposes to be the Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces who fight for our flag and our veterans who have fought, died, been maimed, over the last 150 years?

I suspect that he also does not believe in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag but yet when you see him making a speech on television (such as the recent Philadelphia race speech) he is surrounded by a backdrop of 10 or more American flags! He likes those props!

Obama Cannot Denounce And Reject Farrakhan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnWQ3zSZg24&feature=related

Obama stumbles in MSNBC Debate on Israel and Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZJePN40fw&feature=related

Bad form, dude ... if you have to make shit up to attack him, you don't have much of a case.

You mean like your attacks on McCain? Like the one where you accuse him of being responsible for losing a plane IN Combat, another because of a flame out and a third because a rocket hit it? Those kind of posts?

You also have to read the threads posted, Gunny. I can't find the one you are referring to, but I know I didn't blame him for the one with the rocket attack.

I believe I singled out the crash in flight school and the one where he flew into the wires. Shot down in combat: shit happens.

You also have to read the threads posted, Gunny. I can't find the one you are referring to, but I know I didn't blame him for the one with the rocket attack.

I believe I singled out the crash in flight school and the one where he flew into the wires. Shot down in combat: shit happens.

I must be missing the relevance here ... is McCain running for "Pilot of the US?" If he is, I can see where his pilotting skills or lack thereof might come into play.

Otherwise, I figure it's about as relevant as whether or not Obama wears an American flag lapel pin.

If you were so proud of it, why didn't you keep silent?

Republicans are neither silent nor the majority.

If you were so proud of it, why didn't you keep silent?

Republicans are neither silent nor the majority.

Is that why Democrats have held the Presidency for 12 of the last 40 years?

Neither Democrats nor Republicans hold a majority. The deciding factor is the moderate independents.

Forum List

Back