I'm pro-gun - ask me anything!

Ask me anything, and you'll get an honest answer.

Note that if your question contains falsehoods and/or logical fallacies, that honest answer will make light of same.

Note also that a number of your are on ignore, so if you don't get a response, you'll know why.

Fire away!
Do you understand the fact that government (the people) has the authority to place limits and restrictions on the sale and possession of firearms provided such measures comport with current Second Amendment case law?

Note that if your question contains falsehoods and/or logical fallacies, that honest answer will make light of same.

Note also that a number of your are on ignore, so if you don't get a response, you'll know why.

Fire away!
Do you understand the fact that to advocate for firearm regulatory measures which are in compliance with current Second Amendment case law are neither ‘anti-gun’ nor ‘anti-Second Amendment?

Fire away!
Do you understand the fact that the Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense, unconnected with militia service – not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement,’ or to ‘fight crime,’ or to ‘deter tyranny’?

....do you know cars and guns are NOT comparable?? no where near ''far apart'' comparable ?

Fire away!
Do you understand the fact that it’s perfectly appropriate and consistent to be a gunowner – to be ‘pro-gun’ – and support and defend current Second Amendment jurisprudence, and support regulatory measures consistent with that jurisprudence, such as universal background checks?

Fire away!
Do you understand the fact that insurrectionist dogma is wrongheaded and completely devoid of merit, that the Second Amendment doesn’t ‘trump’ the First Amendment, and that it was never the intent of the Framers to amend the Constitution in such a manner as to authorize the destruction of the Constitution and Republic they just created?

Fire away!
Do you understand the fact that there is no objective, documented evidence in support of the notion that the carrying of concealed firearms facilitates a reduction in crime?

Study: Concealed Handgun Permits Don't Affect Crime Rate

There are both worse and better rounds - I don't and won't use it, but if its your choice, enjoy.
I just think it’ll be easier and cheaper for buying practice rounds and not as clunky as a .45. I assume they sell that ammo in hollow point which should do well enough for defense.

A Glock 36 ain't clunky.
Maybe. I’ll look it up. I’m in no rush.

I like .45 because it's a slower round. Transmits more power to the target and minimizes pass-through.

I also like my .45ACP because the M1911 is slimmer. Easier to carry concealed.
I have carried a Government model from time to time but found it to be a bit much – it may only be a holster issue.

My current primary carry is a CZ P-01 – not too big, not too small, accurate, reliable, decent capacity, and the decocker makes it ideal for concealed carry, giving the shooter the option of DA or SA without the need to remember to disengage a safety.

Fire away!
Do you understand the fact that insurrectionist dogma is wrongheaded and completely devoid of merit, that the Second Amendment doesn’t ‘trump’ the First Amendment, and that it was never the intent of the Framers to amend the Constitution in such a manner as to authorize the destruction of the Constitution and Republic they just created?

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."

"When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil."
— Thomas Jefferson

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."
—George Washington

"The means of defense against a foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations. ... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home..If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
—James Madison

"It is the religion of ignorance that tyranny begins."

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God"
—Benjamin Franklin

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority."
—Benjamin Franklin

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect its country from its government."
—Thomas Paine

If it can be done to the British, it can be done to our own.

Do you understand the fact that to advocate for firearm regulatory measures which are in compliance with current Second Amendment case law are neither ‘anti-gun’ nor ‘anti-Second Amendment?
No.
Explain how a regulatory measure that complies with current 2A case is, necessarily, not anti-gun, as you imply.

[
Do you understand the fact that the Second Amendment codifies an individual right to possess a firearm pursuant to lawful self-defense, unconnected with militia service – not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement,’ or to ‘fight crime,’ or to ‘deter tyranny’?
No.
In fact, The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home - and thus, the right of the people protected by is not limited to lawful self-defense, as you imply.

Do you understand the fact that it’s perfectly appropriate and consistent to be a gunowner – to be ‘pro-gun’ – and support and defend current Second Amendment jurisprudence, and support regulatory measures consistent with that jurisprudence, such as universal background checks?
You state the obvious.
You;re pretty good at that.

No.
Prove this to be true.

Anything wrong with 9mm for self-defense?
There are both worse and better rounds - I don't and won't use it, but if its your choice, enjoy.
I just think it’ll be easier and cheaper for buying practice rounds and not as clunky as a .45. I assume they sell that ammo in hollow point which should do well enough for defense.

A Glock 36 ain't clunky.
Maybe. I’ll look it up. I’m in no rush.
Ah so I've got a little compact pistol that's a 6+1ish. I'm looking for full size and to be getting ammo that's not too expensive and easy to find anywhere. The 36 is pretty cool though.

Forum List

Back