I'm not paying your "tax"

Definitely the post of the year. I DO hope somebody bookmarks.

you two are very hateful people...I hope you bookmark that.

I just saw a news report here which stated that with the new law MORE people will qualify to be on Medicaid. I didn't hear anything about a reduction of Medicaid benefits, perhaps Willowtree or someone else can qualify their claim with some facts and a link? This is not a challenge, it's simply a search for the truth.

The part of the decision not getting much air play is that the Supremes said states can opt out of ObamaCare. That means those 30 million people Obama said would qualify for Medicaid under ObamaCare won't be able to get on the rolls because their states will be opting out. The states that opt out are actually going to LOSE Medicaid money, which means they will disenroll millions.

You see, when Obama said ObamaCare would not cost the federal government one dime, he neglected to point out that ObamaCare would cost the states billions upon billions upon billions of dollars a year more. And that is money they do not have. So they sued to opt out. And they won today.

The decision means the states don't have to expand Medicare according to the federal rules.

Not one state will get out because the politicians want to stay in office.

The Supreme Court surprise: Medicaid ruling could reduce coverage

Buried in the Supreme Court’s 193-page decision on the health reform law was one big surprise: States can opt out of the law’s sweeping expansion of Medicaid, significantly reducing the number of Americans who gain insurance.

That ruling, experts say, could leave some of the poorest Americans in a “no-man’s land:” Not covered by the federal entitlement program but not eligible for the subsidized health insurance.

The Medicaid expansion is expected to extend health insurance coverage to about 17 million Americans by 2019 by expanding the program to cover everyone below 133 percent of the federal poverty line (about $14,500 for an individual).

In a lot of places, that expansion is pretty huge: In Texas, 1.8 million people would be expected to gain coverage under this provision. That number stands at 2 million in California and 950,000 in Florida.

What the Supreme Court said today was: States do not have to participate in that part of the law. If they want to leave their Medicaid program as is, there will not be a penalty. What was once a guaranteed insurance expansion is now left to the discretion of the states.

The decision means the states don't have to expand Medicare according to the federal rules.

They will get out, because to participate in ObamCare means it will cost their state's taxpayers a shit ton of money. That's why 26 states sued for the right to opt out.

Did you think adding 30 million new Medicaid patients would be free?

Apparently the Obama worshippers did. They heard "not one dime" and went into a trance. They did not realize he wasn't talking about the cost to the states.

Last edited:
We are sooooo F' ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have insurance; Obama told us that we'd get to keep it. Nope according to the Affordable Healthcare Act(yeah I read it) you WON'T; you will be forced to drop what you have to go into a g'ment "exchange". That's when the fun begins with Death panels and decreased care and medicine.

This Douche just F'ed us all! Sure, some might not feel it at first but I better NOT hear those words" well well when DID THIS HAPPEN" grrrrrrrrrrrrr I swear I'll slap em silly

no. .you didn't read it.

try again.

Seriously. Slap fees on me. Go ahead. You will never see a dime you tyrannical clowns.

Just do whatever you can to help throw this arrogant prick who is currently in our house out, and the issue will be solved.

you two are very hateful people...I hope you bookmark that.

I just saw a news report here which stated that with the new law MORE people will qualify to be on Medicaid. I didn't hear anything about a reduction of Medicaid benefits, perhaps Willowtree or someone else can qualify their claim with some facts and a link? This is not a challenge, it's simply a search for the truth.

The part of the decision not getting much air play is that the Supremes said states can opt out of ObamaCare. That means those 30 million people Obama said would qualify for Medicaid under ObamaCare won't be able to get on the rolls because their states will be opting out. The states that opt out are actually going to LOSE Medicaid money, which means they will disenroll millions.

You see, when Obama said ObamaCare would not cost the federal government one dime, he neglected to point out that ObamaCare would cost the states billions upon billions upon billions of dollars a year more. And that is money they do not have. So they sued to opt out. And they won today.

Sort of.

The states that opt out wont lose federal money they are already getting only the money the feds would have given them had they expanded medicaid as Obamacare insisted. By decidicing that part is unconstitutional, states have the ability to NOT expand Medicaid but keep the preexpanded money.

I dont think Im explaining that very well, but hopefully you get the point.

the rest of your post is accurate however.

I disagree.

There will be several states in which politicians wishing to score political points will try to opt out. Id lay bets that Arizona will be one of the first to do so.

Since the libbies made it mandatory for insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions, they created this situation.

The tax is cheaper than insurance. So people are going to come to the sensible conclusion that it is better to pay the tax and then wait to get insurance until they are sick. And thanks to Obama, the insurance company will have to cover their illness.

Thanks! Liberals totally cracked the rising cost of healthcare. NOT!!!!

The fines may be cheaper, but you don't get anything from them. If you pay for medical insurance, you get medical insurance.

Hmm, let's see, what would I rather do:

Buy a car and pay 300 dollars a month, or just pay someone 200 dollars a month for nothing?

Exactly. And people can pay for medical insurance only when they need it, drop it again when they get healthy, and continue to pay a negligible tax penalty.

Since the libbies made it mandatory for insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions, they created this situation.

The tax is cheaper than insurance. So people are going to come to the sensible conclusion that it is better to pay the tax and then wait to get insurance until they are sick. And thanks to Obama, the insurance company will have to cover their illness.

The fines may be cheaper, but you don't get anything from them. If you pay for medical insurance, you get medical insurance.

Buy a car and pay 300 dollars a month, or just pay someone 200 dollars a month for nothing?

Exactly. And people can pay for medical insurance only when they need it, drop it again when they get healthy, and continue to pay a negligible tax penalty.

sigh ....nooooooooo

try actually reading the Affordable Care Act provisions before you perpetuate such falsehoods huh?

Seriously. Slap fees on me. Go ahead. You will never see a dime you tyrannical clowns.

Only if you choose to shirk your responsible to help America keep medical insurance by having the ability to purchase insurance, but choosing not to do so.

This is not so much a tax as it is a penalty.

Like I said, if you don't buy insurance (even though you *can* afford it) you pay a percentage of your income each year you go without insurance.

the below info was just showing on CNN

Individual Mandate Penalty:

2014: $95, or 1% of taxable income
2015: $325, or 2% of taxable income
2016: $695, or 2.5% of taxable income.

Look guys, I don't have insurance right now and quite frankly I don't want to buy because I seldom even get the flu and save so much money this way. However, at some point I will DEFINITELY need insurance, either for myself or my family. Even though this indivdual mandate isn't something I'm crazy about, I recognize it is a step -or at least an attempt at a step- in the right direction.

I disagree.

There will be several states in which politicians wishing to score political points will try to opt out. Id lay bets that Arizona will be one of the first to do so.

They may try, but I don't think one will succeed.

Of course, I didn't see the historic role Roberts would play in this case.

Or just drop out altogether and join the underground economy.

Oddball, you cannot succeed as an Andrew Vachs character.

You barely succeed as an Oddball character.

sigh ....nooooooooo

try actually reading the Affordable Care Act provisions before you perpetuate such falsehoods huh?

Then please correct me. If I'm wrong and it's not possible to destroy the entire Health Insurance industry by gaming this law, please correct me.

Then please correct me. If I'm wrong and it's not possible to destroy the entire Health Insurance industry by gaming this law, please correct me.

I'd like to think you're right. And for awhile we can probably fight back. But just like they did with the auto insurance mandates, they'll eventually close up the loopholes, raise the fines and enact harsher "incentives" for compliance. Eventually people will be doing jail time for not giving their pound of flesh to Aetna.

I disagree.

They may try, but I don't think one will succeed.

Of course, I didn't see the historic role Roberts would play in this case.

Look at the bigger picture ( which no one on either side really is at this point )

Take the WHOLE of this decision...Yes, the mandate is constitutional but forced compliance of the expansion of medicaid is not.

So states can opt out.

now go to citizens united and the Montana decision from earlier this week.

Billions is going to flow into State governments from super pacs to buy the opt out option.

Then when enough states have opted out, the cry will be," Look at all the uninsured who have to pay the penalty!" and the mandate repeal will get universal support.

Forum List

Back