I'm Mitt Romney

What makes this thread great?

That none of the conservatives on this board will even attempt to defend Romney - because they pretty much hate him -

and yet he will be in all likelihood the nominee they will be stuck with.

The bitter pill for them is that Romney, and McCain before him, are ongoing proof that the right wing, the Tea Party crowd, and all those nuts don't have a fraction of the power in the GOP that they think they do.

I'd stop in to say how strongly I support Romney, but that's when JoeB would descend on the thread with his anti-Mormon rants .... so I'll stick with saying how much I'm enjoying this primary season and looking forward to the general.

Key social conservatives secretly meet to stop Romney in Iowa

By Shannon Travis, CNN Political Reporter

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, who is facing resistance among some social conservatives, campaigns at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines this summer.Representatives for leading social conservative groups in Iowa held a secret meeting Monday as part of an effort with one main goal: find and support a Republican presidential candidate who can stop Mitt Romney in Iowa.

The idea: avoid splintering the conservative vote in the state by rallying around one GOP rival who could win Iowa's Jan. 3 caucus and then challenge Romney in New Hampshire and the other early voting states.

First on CNN: Key social conservatives secretly meet to stop Romney in Iowa - CNN

Forum List

Back