I'm Leaving the Conservative Party

Even Fox News called Paul Ryan "Liar, liar, pants on fire" after his speech to the Republican National Convention. Fact.check.org said that every major talking point in that speech was a lie. Take the lie that Obama waived workfare in a number of states. That was a lie. Obama waived the federal workfare requirements in a number of Republican states, at the specific request of the Republican governors of those states who said that they needed to use their own states' programs and asked for waivers. Obama gave the waivers requested, but did so only on the condition that states programs must move 20% of people off welfare rolls.

Ever since the Obama administration granted these waiver to the Republican governors who requested them, the Republican Party, Republican commentators, and Fox News have excoriated Obama for gutting welfare.

Initally, even moderate Republicans said that the waivers were a good thing - they increased the authority of the states to manage their own programs, reduced the role of the federal government in states' programs, and did so while requiring states continue to reduce general welfare rolls. From a right/left point of view, the whole workfare program is a far right-wing program and Obama actually made the requirements for states receiving waivers tougher than it was for states who didn't ask for them. That's about as right wing as you can get. To me, as a card-carrying Liberal, I was very disappointed that he would insist on this 20% cut in the rolls in this economy, with unemployment benefits apt to end any minute.

Once Newt, Rush and the boys finished with the story, it was just another give-away to the poor by that communist Obama, when in fact it most certainly was not. Of course the Tea Party and the social conservatives parrot Newt, Rush and Fox's take on the story and in the eyes of conservatives who can't be bothered to fact check Republican claims, Obama is a communist who just wants to give the wealth of hard working Americans to lazy shiftless ne'er do wells. He even says they don't have to work for it any more.

And the conservatives call Democrats "sheeple". At least some of us liberals have the good sense to fact-check every single thing both sides say so we know who's lying and who isn't.

Last edited:
Even Fox News called Paul Ryan "Liar, liar, pants on fire" after his speech to the Republican National Convention. Fact.check.org said that every major talking point in that speech was a lie. Take the lie that Obama waived workfare in a number of states. That was a lie. Obama waived the federal workfare requirements in a number of Republican states, at the specific request of the Republican governors of those states who said that they needed to use their own states' programs and asked for waivers. Obama gave the waivers requested, but did so only on the condition that states programs must move 20% of people off welfare rolls.

Ever since the Obama administration granted these waiver to the Republican governors who requested them, the Republican Party, Republican commentators, and Fox News have excoriated Obama for gutting welfare.

Initally, even moderate Republicans said that the waivers were a good thing - they increased the authority of the states to manage their own programs, reduced the role of the federal government in states' programs, and did so while requiring states continue to reduce general welfare rolls. From a right/left point of view, the whole workfare program is a far right-wing program and Obama actually made the requirements for states receiving waivers tougher than it was for states who didn't ask for them. That's about as right wing as you can get. To me, as a card-carrying Liberal, I was very disappointed that he would insist on this 20% cut in the rolls in this economy, with unemployment benefits apt to end any minute.

Once Newt, Rush and the boys finished with the story, it was just another give-away to the poor by that communist Obama, when in fact it most certainly was not. Of course the Tea Party and the social conservatives parrot Newt, Rush and Fox's take on the story and in the eyes of conservatives who can't be bothered to fact check Republican claims, Obama is a communist who just wants to give the wealth of hard working Americans to lazy shiftless ne'er do wells. He even says they don't have to work for it any more.

And the conservatives call Democrats "sheeple". At least some of us liberals have the good sense to fact-check every single thing both sides say so we know who's lying and who isn't.

Obama is the biggest poverty pimp in history

Obama is the biggest poverty pimp in history

No...that would be your hero the fake "Pimp" O'Keefe.

Why is it that right wing types call anyone who points out uncomfortables truths, a liar, and those who are out to con them, wise?

When you can't refute an idea, you attack the poster.
Why is it that the left thinks they speak the truth?

There is a difference between what you don't want to hear and a lie. Therein lies the problem. I don't like everything the dems stand for but they do not lie about it for the most part. The modern republicans have abandoned the principles the party held 30-40 years ago and now they HAVE to lie about what they want to accomplish...at least to the public to get elected. Lets take the presidential election..Mittens and Ryan GAURANTEED they wouldn't lay a glove on SS or Medicare...in fact they would strengthen Medicare yet that flew in the face of Ryan's budget proposal the GOP in the house voted for... NOW the GOP insists on making cuts in SS and Medicare. Fact.. The GOP lies. They lie about just about everything when they speak to the American public when trying to get elected.

You may like the end result republican positions but I resent they way they go about getting in power to implement those positions. If they told the truth during election cycles they wouldn't hold 25% of the seats in the House or Senate. They know that so they just keep on decieving Americans.
I have yet to see anyone that claims to be left tell the truth the complete truth most is tainted and distorted.

The poor in the USA live like royalty compared to the poor anyplace else on the planet

the people who are actually POOR Frank.....are still poor ......and im talking about the ones who cant afford cell phones or 200 dollar Nikes......

My Mom had $20 for groceries for the week for a family of 5 and we never considered ourselves poor.

In most cases what people would call poor is subjective, but if your mother was supporting a family of five on $20 a week you were poor.

The poor in the USA live like royalty compared to the poor anyplace else on the planet

the people who are actually POOR Frank.....are still poor ......and im talking about the ones who cant afford cell phones or 200 dollar Nikes......

My Mom had $20 for groceries for the week for a family of 5 and we never considered ourselves poor.

WOW! THAT explains a lot on many levels. First, you have my sincere sympathy for what you endured as a child. $4 a week per peson for food is desperately poor Frank. That is grinding poverty. That is malnutrition. 75 cents a day won't even buy cheap hamburger. 75 cents a day is definitely NOT three meals a day. You rarely ate wholesome nutritional food. I'm sure your mom was a wizzard at making the best out of a bad situation.. but there is only so much one can do.

I would like to make jokes about "that's why your brain never developed...etc.." Ha Ha...but it isn't funny.

It is clear why you worship/envy rich people. What is unclear is why you have no empathy for those that struggle just to get by as you apparently did as a child.

See, the thing is, when CrusaderFrank was posting on Hannity's forum he backed Bush on every issue except maybe Harriet Miers for SCOTUS. And Bush was not a Conservative, he was a Neo-Con who spent like a drunken sailor and supported immigration.

So don't let him bullshit you that he's a conservative. He's just anti-Democrat.

WOW! THAT explains a lot on many levels. First, you have my sincere sympathy for what you endured as a child. $4 a week per peson for food is desperately poor Frank. That is grinding poverty. That is malnutrition. 75 cents a day won't even buy cheap hamburger. 75 cents a day is definitely NOT three meals a day. You rarely ate wholesome nutritional food. I'm sure your mom was a wizzard at making the best out of a bad situation.. but there is only so much one can do.

I would like to make jokes about "that's why your brain never developed...etc.." Ha Ha...but it isn't funny.

It is clear why you worship/envy rich people. What is unclear is why you have no empathy for those that struggle just to get by as you apparently did as a child.
But Frank is 80 years old, and $20 went a long way back then.

The Republican Party will never win majorities again until they disagree with people being able to make $100 million per year. And also pay barely any taxes on it.

They must jettison the ultra rich, and jettison the religious fanatics.

I have been a registered Conservative since the first Reagan election, they best represent my principles and beliefs. But the time has come to say goodbye.

It's not that the Conservative Party has done anything wrong, it's that the Republican Party needs me, needs us more.

We, Conservatives, the base of the Party and the country, must take over the Republican Party and start to turn the country around. Our task is formidable: too many Republicans believe that Washington DC is the US Economy.

We must get involved at the local level. If we are Conservative Party members, we do not get to run the local Republican Party. It's time to send the Neo-Marxist Enablers known as Republican Moderates packing, they've done nothing but damage the brand and have lost every time they try to lead.

It's the conservative anti-moderate GOP pogram I've been expecting. It's been gaining momentum for some time now. It looks like the Republican primaries were just the warm up for what's now to follow since the GOP got their asses whooped in the election.

Let's see how an ideological purity test will help you guys with Independents. I'm thinking it's a mistake. But if past is prologue, that won't stop conservatives from rushing in where angels fear to tread.

We're a little slow because we're busy working and we thought everyone was good natured and had the country's best interest at heart.

We were mistaken

:rofl:

You were just being too nice, that seems legit.

:rofl:

But Frank is 80 years old, and $20 went a long way back then.

I doubt Frank is over 50. I'm over 60 and $20 a week back in my childhood would not have provided a balanced diet for 5 for a week. It would have meant a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... maybe balogna and cheese on a good day. It would have meant boiled potatoes and cabbage..no meat. It would have meant spagetti with very little sauce ... very little cheese in the cheese casserole.. bread and butter as the main course..if there was any butter. Maybe some milk... maybe not.. oatmeal without brown sugar or butter. Rarely eggs...never bacon or sausage. Pancakes would have been a treat....no syrup or butter.

It would have sucked.

You could not be more wrong, It's the Rights unwillingness to accept Moderates that have made the GOP unable to win National Elections. Not the other way around.

Not the way I see it. The GOP if full of moderates. The only thing republicans are conservative about is tax cuts for the rich. Everything else they're either moderate or liberal.

I hope the whole base and the whole Republican party takes your stance. You'll be the end of the Republican party -- and I welcome it.

You and your immature avatar really represent everything the dumbocrats are about...

The Republican Party will never win majorities again until they disagree with people being able to make $100 million per year. And also pay barely any taxes on it.

So you want to place a cap on how much private property someone owns? Where do we stop up until it's at your door step?

So you want to place a cap on how much private property someone owns? Where do we stop up until it's at your door step?

It'd be more practical to put a cap on avoiding taxes for it. :thup:

It'd be more practical to put a cap on avoiding taxes for it. :thup:

Well why don't you say that to shithaholic

Unsurprisingly, you miss the point.

He’s simply correctly stating that the GOP needs to be more comprehensive with regard to its representation – to not always side with corporate America at the expense of working Americans, blindly adhering to the fallacy of ‘trickle-down’ economics.

Unsurprisingly, you miss the point.

He’s simply correctly stating that the GOP needs to be more comprehensive with regard to its representation – to not always side with corporate America at the expense of working Americans, blindly adhering to the fallacy of ‘trickle-down’ economics.

The point of the attack was against private ownership, unless it's your private property.

Forum List

Back