I'm conflicted

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
My ex who I still live with is imo taking advantage of the system. I just found out she is geting medicade. She has been getting foodstamps for the last month or two and I'm beside myself.

I know many of you think I'm just a troll but I'm not and I'm floored. She knew how I felt from the beginning . I don't know if I should turn her in for fraud or just try to whither out of the picture.

Many of you have said I offer too much of my personal life but I can't help it. After my stint in prison I became an honest person. And quite frankly its much easier to get your advise on here than it it is to admit my shame in public.

I dunno what to do. I know what my beliefs tell me. But my heart is troubled. 8 years and I had no clue.

I dont think you are a troll, first off. At times I respect your attempts to reign in the right wing wackadoos, not easy work.

Here is my advice. Sit the person down, tell them how you feel, dont hold back. The best you can do is attempt to see if you can change their mind set.

I would bet there is a govt number you can call and tell them this person is cheating if you so please. I would be 100% honest and tell this person you plan to make that call.

Last edited:
  • Banned
On the bright side I got one hell of a fire going despite my mess.

I see reservation to respond. In a way I'm thankfull. But at the same time I would love some brutal honesty.

Anyone got the balls? After all I'm just a stranger

My ex who I still live with is imo taking advantage of the system. I just found out she is geting medicade. She has been getting foodstamps for the last month or two and I'm beside myself.

I know many of you think I'm just a troll but I'm not and I'm floored. She knew how I felt from the beginning . I don't know if I should turn her in for fraud or just try to whither out of the picture.

Many of you have said I offer too much of my personal life but I can't help it. After my stint in prison I became an honest person. And quite frankly its much easier to get your advise on here than it it is to admit my shame in public.

I dunno what to do. I know what my beliefs tell me. But my heart is troubled. 8 years and I had no clue.

Um, in what way is she guilty of fraud?

my question as well. If she's just on some temporary assistance, no problem that is what is there for.

If she's a lifer, kill her.

My question is are you also taking advantage of the system?

Because..................I mean..................you've actually got an ex living with you. What does she do, pay rent, or are you letting her live there out of the goodness of your heart?

Based on how you feel about others from what you've posted here, I doubt that it's because you're such a great guy. If there's not something in it for you, you generally don't participate.

Besides..................why should you care? Is she paying her half of the bills? If so, keep your nose out of where she gets her money.

Unless.......................of course..................you're pissed off at her and looking for a way to legally get her out of your life and cause her a bit of hassle at the same time.

Can you pay all the bills yourself?

Well I'm not sure to be honest. But I make a good living and when we met she was making about 23 hourly.
She did tell me she planned on applying for ssi or whatever its called and I told her I wanted no part of that. She's 50 and I'm nearly 45. Since I got out of prison nearly 25 years ago I've been determined to never need help again and I've done it.

I can see now that this thread was a dumb decision as was my choice in a lifemate at the time.

All I can say is republicans are not a one size fits all and people like Lakota are morons.

And yes, I see the irony in my statement.

You need to first find out if she’s indeed committing ‘fraud.’

If you and your ex purchase and prepare food together, your income and assets must be included in the standard fining unit and assistance group as well, it doesn’t make any difference whether you’re married or not.

Medicaid is only for minor deprived children and in some cases their parents, or adults aged 65 or older, or established disabled by the SSA, and pregnant women.

NOPE, ain't gonna go there. Sorry

Go there. I need to hear it. No negs or hard feelings will result from this thread no matter which side your on. I'm looking for advice.

First think you need to sort out is your relationship, the fact that you live under the same roof says it ain't really over. If she's doing something you can't deal with or something that could come back on you, then I'd say it's time to cut the cord so to speak and go your respective merry ways.

Well I'm not sure to be honest. But I make a good living and when we met she was making about 23 hourly.
She did tell me she planned on applying for ssi or whatever its called and I told her I wanted no part of that. She's 50 and I'm nearly 45. Since I got out of prison nearly 25 years ago I've been determined to never need help again and I've done it.

I can see now that this thread was a dumb decision as was my choice in a lifemate at the time.

All I can say is republicans are not a one size fits all and people like Lakota are morons.

So........................you're shallow in the fact that you consider how much money someone makes determines if they're a good person or not, and, you've also said that you served time in prison, and that is what determines your choices, because you hate anyone on assistance.

Quick question.........................wouldn't YOU have liked someone to help you out before you got in trouble and went to jail? You might be a nicer individual.

My question is are you also taking advantage of the system?

Because..................I mean..................you've actually got an ex living with you. What does she do, pay rent, or are you letting her live there out of the goodness of your heart?

Based on how you feel about others from what you've posted here, I doubt that it's because you're such a great guy. If there's not something in it for you, you generally don't participate.

Besides..................why should you care? Is she paying her half of the bills? If so, keep your nose out of where she gets her money.

Unless.......................of course..................you're pissed off at her and looking for a way to legally get her out of your life and cause her a bit of hassle at the same time.

Can you pay all the bills yourself?

I am a heartless bastard BUT.... since our divorce she pays no bills. I'm a sucker and her daughter who is 15 now has cp and is one of the beight spots in my life.

As to everyone asking how she is abusing the system. I dunno cause I don't know the law. But she lives under my roof and I easily pay for everything.

I get it.....................you're pissed that the liberal who is milking the system is getting all the money, and you're stuck with the bills.

You voted for Mittens RobMe, didn't you?

He didn't know how the system worked either, he just bitched about it like you.

So........................you're shallow in the fact that you consider how much money someone makes determines if they're a good person or not, and, you've also said that you served time in prison, and that is what determines your choices, because you hate anyone on assistance.

Quick question.........................wouldn't YOU have liked someone to help you out before you got in trouble and went to jail? You might be a nicer individual.

Fair questions I suppose. Her income was a factor in my head because at the time I just came out of a divorce and had to give up my retirement to keep 100% of my business. I was young and absorbed in o physical belongings. Having said that they were my earned belongings and I assumed everyone outside of prison was likeminded.

The answer to your second question is yes.

So.......................if you would have liked help, don't you think that Karma is asking if you'd offer the same if presented with the opportunity?

I know if I could, I would.

So.......................if you would have liked help, don't you think that Karma is asking if you'd offer the same if presented with the opportunity?

After 6 years I thought I was. No bills dude. A free ride then to find this out was like a slap in the face of my kindness.

After 6 years I thought I was. No bills dude. A free ride then to find this out was like a slap in the face of my kindness.

So.................either (a) you're a coward who can't face up to the fact that a relationship is broken, no matter how much you try to buy it, or (b) you're a control freak who thinks that everything has to run according to your rules.

How much of a pain is it to live with a bastard like you?

Forum List

Back