I'm Ashamed Of My Home State

Evolution is a Fact
God is a Theory

So why don't they call it the fact of evolution instead of the theory of evolution? Hmmmm this is like who's buried in Grants tomb. Oh I know,it's because it's a theory not a fact. The left preaches it as fact but there are Many theories on how we got here. Evolution,Creationism and Alien Seeding/coloization are just a few. So who gets to pick which one is right? Teach it all or don't teach any of it.

The reality that evolution occurs is a fact. How it occurs, why it occurs and what triggers it are theories.

Gravity is also a theory. Do you want to teach that things fall to earth because god wants them to?

How can you have fact based on theory? Fact has to be based on fact because if the theory is incorrect the fact may be compromised. IE people used to think the sun traveling around the earth was fact but how it did this was based on theory. Both conclusions turned out to be completely wrong. What I don't want is theory being taught to children as fact. As far as I know no other plausible explaination has been given for gravity and we have a fairly good grasp as to the full mechanics of it. This is not the case with evolution as other explainations have been put forward that could explain our exsistence here. Creationism doesn't have to be all the Dogma associated with it. It can simply be a being with higher intellect then ourselves,AKA GOD, created us somehow. This covers alot of ground as each religion can fill in the gaps outside of school. With test tube babies and in vitro fertilization you have to admit it's entirely possible.

Because you have obviously never taken many science classes.

I do agree "teach it all", in a Philosophy or Comparative Religion or a Humanities classroom. Never in a science classroom.

How do you know it that was the way man was created? Were you there? Because a chain of proof in science is set up how do you know the conclusions are right? How do you know the fossils aren't of seperate species totally unrelated even though they are very simular genetic makeup. You don't and neither does science hence the word theory.

Flat earth looked like fact: completely wrong
Earth is center of the universe: Completely wrong
Sun travels around the Earth: completely wrong
celestial spheres: completely wrong
coelacanth extinct: completely wrong
Pluto a planet? It should still be damn it!

Even the best minds of the time can be wrong so leave room for improvement.

That is what the scientific method is all about. Anyone who doubts evolution as a scientific fact permits pre-suppositions that restrict the ability to critically reason.

Maybe the question then is who has the right to critically reason for another human being if they disagree with the method and conclusion or presuppositions science has elevated to fact? Basically your looking at evolution as fact because of some scientist who will not be challenged said so. I'm sorry that's not good enough for me when other theories are possible. I'd rather science say I don't know or we are not 100% sure here's the other possibilities, then say it has to be my way or the highway. Maybe that works in places like Iran or China but Americans should be more progressive by being more objective.

Nope.....this is a time for the brave of heart and intelligent among us to stand up. And I will.

To quote Dr. Einstein:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature."

So, this bill would allow children to question dogma like Global Warming?

I can see where you of the left would be outraged.

Heretics MUST be burned.

perfect example! :clap2: In the absence of 100% proof who gets to pick and choose what adults think and children are taught? All sides should be presented and let the child use thier critical thinking skills for themselves. Nobody really knows that global warming exsists and yet it is taught as fact. Why? Because some on the left said so or because there is actual proof? Both evolution and global warming obviously cross over from science into the political arena and then into the classroom where it doesn't belong as it's currently being presented. It's like saying the Democrates are the only right way or the republicans are the only right way to go. We don't except type BS with any other subject so why except only one theory on something so inconclusive as how we got here? We are acting like sheeple.

perfect example! :clap2: In the absence of 100% proof who gets to pick and choose what adults think and children are taught? All sides should be presented and let the child use thier critical thinking skills for themselves. Nobody really knows that global warming exsists and yet it is taught as fact. Why? Because some on the left said so or because there is actual proof? Both evolution and global warming obviously cross over from science into the political arena and then into the classroom where it doesn't belong as it's currently being presented. It's like saying the Democrates are the only right way or the republicans are the only right way to go. We don't except type BS with any other subject so why except only one theory on something so inconclusive as how we got here? We are acting like sheeple.

Real science, valid science, is based on questioning and testing everything.

Nothing is settled science. Einstein turned the concept of gravity on it's head, hundreds of years after Newton. Real science is like that.

How do you know it that was the way man was created? Were you there? Because a chain of proof in science is set up how do you know the conclusions are right? How do you know the fossils aren't of seperate species totally unrelated even though they are very simular genetic makeup. You don't and neither does science hence the word theory.

Flat earth looked like fact: completely wrong
Earth is center of the universe: Completely wrong
Sun travels around the Earth: completely wrong
celestial spheres: completely wrong
coelacanth extinct: completely wrong
Pluto a planet? It should still be damn it!

Even the best minds of the time can be wrong so leave room for improvement.

That is what the scientific method is all about. Anyone who doubts evolution as a scientific fact permits pre-suppositions that restrict the ability to critically reason.

Maybe the question then is who has the right to critically reason for another human being if they disagree with the method and conclusion or presuppositions science has elevated to fact? Basically your looking at evolution as fact because of some scientist who will not be challenged said so. I'm sorry that's not good enough for me when other theories are possible. I'd rather science say I don't know or we are not 100% sure here's the other possibilities, then say it has to be my way or the highway. Maybe that works in places like Iran or China but Americans should be more progressive by being more objective.

You, like so many folks to the far left or the far or birfers or trufers of whatever...ers, don't get to make the definitions in and of yourself. That's why. You can an opinion, but you don't get your own set of facts or your own set of definitions.

Don't like it? Who cares?

To question and criticize an idea is the first step before understanding and accepting.

Therefore, I am in support of this bill. Let the student question! Let the students develop their own unique perspectives of the world. This is not an affront to science, it is an affront to dogmatism.

Death to Dogmatism!

I doubt it would be the death of dogma completely, but stripping away a good portion of the dogma in all religions and making it a much broader spectrum that all can agree with. Maybe it will help the promote better understand between the religions by providing common ground.

Forum List

Back