I'm amazed that this is from Drudge......

Early Voting Warning Signs for Trump

Democrats appear to be outpacing their 2012 early vote performance in several critical swing states, giving Hillary Clinton a head start on Donald Trump in some of the most important presidential battlegrounds. In two must-win states for Trump, North Carolina and Florida, Republicans are clinging to narrow leads in the total number of mail-in ballots requested. Yet in both states, Clinton is ahead of President Barack Obama's pace four years earlier -- and the GOP trails Mitt Romney's clip. This year, the Clinton campaign expects as many as 40 percent of battleground state votes to be cast before Nov. 8.

......AND...................UPDATE: Clinton is ahead in Florida by 3.0 and ahead in NC by 3.2%.

If Drudge allowed that on their site....it's really just like rats running upstairs on a sinking ship

I am not in the forgiveness game to liberal scum like yourself... Ask someone who cares, to forgive you...

Oh, a pissed off right wing loser???? How unusual !!!! LOL :boohoo:
Despite Their Lesbian Mentors, Even American Women Want to See a Real Man in Charge

Four leading pollsters in Columbia predicted that the appeasing peace deal with the Communists would have 60%
voting to surrender to the power-hungry terrorists. The same mismanagement of polling data by a weakling Establishment occurs in America.

Okay, you fell for satire site Drudge Retort. Admit it and sheepishly stand in the corner.

I'll try to make it up to you.....LOL

Early voting results promising for Clinton | 50-50 split seen possible in Senate
Early voting results promising for Clinton | 50-50 split seen possible in Senate

BREAKING: EARLY VOTING RESULTS ARE IN – The Clear Winner Is….
Approximately 311,000 Floridians have cast their absentee ballots by Friday morning, and the numbers are increasingly moving in favor of Democrats and Hillary Clinton.

BREAKING: EARLY VOTING RESULTS ARE IN - The Clear Winner Is....

Early Voting: Clinton Leading, Could Win Before Nov. 8 Arrives

Early Voting: Clinton Leading, Could Win Before Nov. 8 Arrives
And you still have spoof sites.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax

Even if the Democrats win the Senate, it still takes 60 votes to confirm a Supreme Court Justice.

Actually NO........
There is, first, the fact that the VP is president of the Senate; second, there's the so-called "nuclear option" which overrides the 60 votes' rule.....and, third, justice Alito was confirmed with only 58 votes.

The "nuclear option" does not apply to Supreme Court Justices. Look it up!

on edit: The Democrats didn't have the 60 votes to sustain a veto on Alito and the vote for cloture was 72-25. He then was confirmed with 58 votes. It still takes 60 votes for cloture before a vote is taken on a Supreme Court nomination.

Last edited:
Being serious now and Trump is going to lose badly and the GOP only hope is they can retain the Senate and House and if not, well I am moving to Mexico and still building that wall to keep the Trump voters here!

I love that last part......
Seriously......the senate has a very, very good chance to turn for the democrats (but not the house)...If the senate turns, the SCOTUS appointments will all happen within the first 2 years of Clinton's administration. My prediction is that 3 justices will be appointed and consented by the senate.
Be careful what you wish for.......

Democrats appear to be outpacing their 2012 early vote performance in several critical swing states, giving Hillary Clinton a head start on Donald Trump in some of the most important presidential battlegrounds. In two must-win states for Trump, North Carolina and Florida, Republicans are clinging to narrow leads in the total number of mail-in ballots requested. Yet in both states, Clinton is ahead of President Barack Obama's pace four years earlier -- and the GOP trails Mitt Romney's clip. This year, the Clinton campaign expects as many as 40 percent of battleground state votes to be cast before Nov. 8.

......AND...................UPDATE: Clinton is ahead in Florida by 3.0 and ahead in NC by 3.2%.

So Florida already release the vote count from the mail in ballots?
Seriously you are basing this on the "total number of mail-in ballots requested"
You do know that you can vote for anyone on those ballots and it is not like the preliminaries.
I know more than a few Democrats that are voting for Trump plus a few more that are voting third party.
Just because a democrat requests a mail in ballots does not mean they are voting for a democrat.

Being serious now and Trump is going to lose badly and the GOP only hope is they can retain the Senate and House and if not, well I am moving to Mexico and still building that wall to keep the Trump voters here!

I love that last part......
Seriously......the senate has a very, very good chance to turn for the democrats (but not the house)...If the senate turns, the SCOTUS appointments will all happen within the first 2 years of Clinton's administration. My prediction is that 3 justices will be appointed and consented by the senate.

Even if the Democrats win the Senate, it still takes 60 votes to confirm a Supreme Court Justice.

You are in error.

"If 60 Senators vote to end the debate, the nominee is confirmed by a simple majority vote of the full Senate."

Exactly, and if there aren't 60 votes to end cloture, there will not be a vote to confirm.

Hillary will be elected President and the Senate will go to the Democrats. The house likely will remain with control by Republicans but with a much more narrow margin, which of course means another 4 years of millions of wasted American tax dollars with fake investigation after fake investigation.

But Hillary will appoint 3 Supreme Court justices. Republicans won't be able to block them for the next four years regardless of their neocon wet dreams.

There will be no 'armed uprising', no revolt. Trump will whine as he has whined about everything else, some of his basket of derps will march in useless whining protests. Then they'll go away and have to accept reality. And the country will go back to normal life.

Tada.

[[/QUOTE]

nat4900 you really are ate up with the dumbass... Such a liar or just really stupid... I hope you can find someone to help you post from now on...

In 1986, after Chief Justice Warren Burger announced his intention to retire, Mr. Reagan nominated Judge Scalia to the Supreme Court. Though his conservative views were well known, he was confirmed by the Senate by a vote of 98 to 0.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/14/us/antonin-scalia-death.html?_r=0[/QUOTE]
_____________________________-

Lets see.......In response to someone who stated that 60 votes are needed to confirm a justice, I write:

There is, first, the fact that the VP is president of the Senate; second, there's the so-called "nuclear option" which overrides the 60 votes' rule.....and, third, justice Alito was confirmed with only 58 votes

and the nitwit, Roadrunner responds with

nat4900 you really are ate up with the dumbass... Such a liar or just really stupid... I hope you can find someone to help you post from now on...

The non-sequitur and disconnect is a bit......well, strange.....LOL

So, are the "we love the Constitution" republican now talking about holding off a vote for a USSC justice for four years? Three chin McConnell has already delayed, delayed, delayed.

Our fearless forecaster making a another one of his predictions.

on edit: The Democrats didn't have the 60 votes to sustain a veto on Alito and the vote for cloture was 72-25. He then was confirmed with 58 votes. It still takes 60 votes for cloture before a vote is taken on a Supreme Court nomination.

You're partially correct.....But, here, review this excerpt from an article by the Minn Post....

The way things stand, it would take 60 votes to break a filibuster and force a vote on a Supreme Court nomination. But, if the next president’s party also controls the Senate majority, that could be changed to a mere majority vote, setting off a new nuclear explosion.

Senate norms on Supreme Court nominations: We're entering uncharted territory

You're partially correct.....But, here, review this excerpt from an article by the Minn Post....

The way things stand, it would take 60 votes to break a filibuster and force a vote on a Supreme Court nomination. But, if the next president’s party also controls the Senate majority, that could be changed to a mere majority vote, setting off a new nuclear explosion.

Senate norms on Supreme Court nominations: We're entering uncharted territory

I am 100% correct as the Senate rules are today. But, if's don't count.

With Clinton as president and the very real possibility of Schummer replacing McConnell, what are the chances of NOT having justices appointed and confirmed in the next 2 years???................LOL

With Clinton as president and the very real possibility of Schummer replacing McConnell, what are the chances of NOT having justices appointed and confirmed in the next 2 years???................LOL

Two more what ifs. LOL

Do you really think the Senate will change the rules to allow a simple majority vote to end cloture on a Supreme Court Justice?

Do you really think the Senate will change the rules to allow a simple majority vote to end cloture on a Supreme Court Justice?

YES......a simple majority can do that......and since McConnell has sat on his ass rather than allow even a hearing on Obama's appointee for the SCOTUS......once the Dems. have that simple majority, rules WILL be changed.......We will see, won't we?

Forum List

Back