I’m against shoplifting. But if that’s what the voters of California want, then I have to respect their choice, no matter how ridiculous I think it is

These videos are from two recent incidents. Both happened in California, which almost never prosecutes shoplifters. Each of these videos shows a large number of organized shoplifters stealing a large amount of merchandise.

I don’t support this kind of behavior. But if that’s what the voters of California want, then I have to respect their choice, no matter how ridiculous I think it is.

KTLA 5, August 12, 2023: “Video captures ‘flash mob’ of burglars swarming Nordstrom in Southern California mall”

ABC7, August 9, 2023: “Thieves steal $300K worth of merch from YSL store at Americana in Glendale”

Shoplifting is a tax on every American, they should kill the SOBs.

Cute cherry picking but, if you were honest with yourself, shouldn't it be about the PROBLEM?

The topic is not cherry picked.

Even you know that the vast majority of cities that are in deep, deep, trouble are run by far-left Democrats. In you're opinion, what should THEY do to turn the tide?
I know the vast majority of cities are run by Democrats. Yes.

Are they higher in crime because they are run by Democrats or is it because since the dawn of time, population dense areas have had more crime regardless of political parties or even before political parties. I will go with the latter.

What should they do? Not sure. Nobody has been able to solve the problem over the last few thousand years so it's above my pay grade.

Of course they do, and then the whole state is a dirty, dangerous shithole, like California, New York, Illinois, Michigan, Oregon, New Jersey, Massachusetts, etc.
So why don't those states have as high of murder rates, obesity and lower education then red states?

Evidently blue cities is not the link.

No, it is the link. Blue cities, wherever they exist, drag ALL states down. I see it every day here in Austin, TX.
Yes. High population areas have more crime. Has always been that way.

Washington/Oregon has large cities like Seattle/Portland yet these states do not have the highest murder rates, obesity or lowest education.

Yep, that's why so many folks are moving from your shitholes to red States. It's amazing how easily you prove your ignorance.

How does that make me ignorant?

Does that mean red states don't tend to have higher murder rates, lower education and higher obesity?

You are not making sense.

Does that mean red states don't tend to have higher murder rates, lower education and higher obesity?

In cities the sirens run 24 hours a day. Medical runs are nonstop as cities add more and more medical squads for the demand. Of course, now it is a money maker as the working schmuck has to pay for the service in most places on top of the taxes.

Sometimes they do in commiecrat cities, but not the States as a whole. So peddle your propaganda elsewhere.

In cities the sirens run 24 hours a day. Medical runs are nonstop as cities add more and more medical squads for the demand. Of course, now it is a money maker as the working schmuck has to pay for the service in most places on top of the taxes.
But we are talking about states in this thread.

Everyone knows population dense areas have always had high crime...all around the world even before political parties.

The topic is not cherry picked.

I know the vast majority of cities are run by Democrats. Yes.

Are they higher in crime because they are run by Democrats or is it because since the dawn of time, population dense areas have had more crime regardless of political parties or even before political parties. I will go with the latter.

What should they do? Not sure. Nobody has been able to solve the problem over the last few thousand years so it's above my pay grade.
That's not even close to being true.

Rudy Giuliani was elected mayor of New York from 1994 to 2001. New York had 1,600 murders in 1994. Crime overall was rampant. The famous Times Square was a sewer, a red light district with scores of adult theatres, bookstores, and simply a ghetto.

Mayor Giuliani turned the city around on a dime. Murders plunged, the crime rate plummeted and Times Square became a safe showplace.

Did he do that with the far-left Liberal policies in place today or did he do something different?

I'm not exaggerating. How did this happen? No bail? No prosecuting? Dropping felonies down to misdemeanors? What?

NY Murders 1950 to 2020.jpg

Yes. High population areas have more crime. Has always been that way.

Washington/Oregon has large cities like Seattle/Portland yet these states do not have the highest murder rates, obesity or lowest education.
Wild%20Seriously-S.jpg

Seattle has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes, with a crime rate of 60 per one thousand residents. According to the most recent data from the FBI, the total crime rate in Seattle is 5,498. per 100,000 people, which is 134.39% higher than the national rate. In 2021, Seattle reported 5,361 violent crimes and had a crime rate of 690.85 per 100,000 residents3. Seattle’s total crime rate was 134% higher than the US average in 2020. Your overall risk of becoming a crime victim in Seattle is 1 in 185.

Similar today for Portland.

That's not even close to being true.

Rudy Giuliani was elected mayor of New York from 1994 to 2001. New York had 1,600 murders in 1994. Crime overall was rampant. The famous Times Square was a sewer, a red light district with scores of adult theatres, bookstores, and simply a ghetto.

Mayor Giuliani turned the city around on a dime. Murders plunged, the crime rate plummeted and Times Square became a safe showplace.

Did he do that with the far-left Liberal policies in place today or did he do something different?

I'm not exaggerating. How did this happen? No bail? No prosecuting? Dropping felonies down to misdemeanors? What?

View attachment 815243
That is the story in pretty much every city.

I challenge you to find a major city that didn't have crime drop in the 90s. Yes....even the ones without Rudy as Mayor.

Many believe Roe v Wade had an impact. Have you ever seen freakonomics?

Forum List

Back