I'm about to pull the plug on this board

Dick Foster

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2018
The People's Republic of the Californicated
I understand the need for advertizing but its getting way out of hand on this board. Having a pop up block the editor and interfering with posting a reply is just carrying things way too far. Either change it or I'll be moving on and giving your advertizers one less pair of eyeballs to see advertising and this board one pair fewer eyeballs to sell. It's just too damn aggravating.

I understand the need for advertizing but its getting way out of hand on this board. Having a pop up block the editor and interfering with posting a reply is just carrying things way too far. Either change it or I'll be moving on and giving your advertizers one less pair of eyeballs to see advertising and this board one pair fewer eyeballs to sell. It's just too damn aggravating.
Here's a trophy for you Dick. You can put it on your notes as "I lost my mind at USMB." <giggle>

trophybrain.jpg

Just kiddin'. ;)

Nobody has ever volunteered an ad blocker for over a week to me, guys. I've gotten used to them, though. Some are funny, others are pretty, others tell you what's on the market. I usually just ignore the areas they appear or click on "not interested in this ad." That always seems to get rid of the ad for at least 3 hours, but others take it's place to which I just *Yawn* keep on scrolling.

One should not have to resort to ad blockers etc. It goes to the mind set of those running this board.
In general advertizing and marketing has run amok in this country and they are just begging for the big bad gubberment to step in and regulate their asses. Not that I'm for government regulation for much of anything but the dumbasses are begging for it..
People almost always get what they deserve if they stick to it long enough and they most definitely are. This nation is probably pissing away half the available bandwidth for advertizing and marketing purposes and I'm sick and tired of it. They've ruined print media, TV and now the Internet. Enough is enough.
I forgot to ad the telephone too both landline and Mobil.

Last edited:
One should not have to resort to ad blockers etc. It goes to the mind set of those running this board.
In general advertizing and marketing has run amok in this country and they are just begging for the big bad gubberment to step in and regulate their asses. Not that I'm for government regulation for much of anything but the dumbasses are begging for it..
People almost always get what they deserve if they stick to it long enough and they most definitely are. This nation is probably pissing away half the available bandwidth for advertizing and marketing purposes and I'm sick and tired of it. They've ruined print media, TV and now the Internet. Enough is enough.

dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya,,,

And just exactly who are you speaking for? Only your own stupid self no doubt. News flash, you don't count fer shit.

And just exactly who are you speaking for? Only your own stupid self no doubt. News flash, you don't count fer shit.

those mean adds are ruining my life ,,,,

NOW STOP IT BEFORE I GO HOME,,,

Seriously

if you don't like the ads, and are adverse to using an adblocker, I wish you well in finding a board without ads.

It could be a long search

i have no ads at all.....use an adblocker....
How much do ad blockers cost per month? It's likely that if everyone gave half that amount to this board, there wouldn't be a need for ads.

The one I use is free and works great.
As I've said in the past...if USMB would allow me to pay by CC I'd donate on a regular basis as I dont use paypal.

Nobody has ever volunteered an ad blocker for over a week to me, guys. I've gotten used to them, though. Some are funny, others are pretty, others tell you what's on the market. I usually just ignore the areas they appear or click on "not interested in this ad." That always seems to get rid of the ad for at least 3 hours, but others take it's place to which I just *Yawn* keep on scrolling.

Adblock plus.

This seems to be the location of public meltdowns.
How can anyone avoid ads?
Better quit driving, taking public transit, watching TV, going to a stadium, a movie, or even a school event.
Advertising is everywhere.
Apparently it is considered effective.

Forum List

Back