Unsolicited advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
Just a heads up.

If you are trying to fix an issue with the forum, take the entire site offline and make the fix.

You'll never get it right as long as you have hundreds of database updates happening while trying to work the problem.

This site has become very flaky for the past two days.

If its a database issue, take the site offline, repair the database, check its metrics, back up and then archive enough to return efficient functionality.

Then put the site back online.

That is all.

┏━━┓ οΈ±οΈ±οΈ±οΈ± οΈ±οΈ±οΈ±οΈ± οΈ±οΈ±οΈ± ┏┓︱︱ οΈ±οΈ±οΈ±οΈ± ┏┓︱︱ ┏┓︱┏┓
┃┏┓┃ οΈ±οΈ±οΈ±οΈ± οΈ±οΈ±οΈ±οΈ± οΈ±οΈ±οΈ± ┃┃︱︱ οΈ±οΈ±οΈ±οΈ± ┃┃︱︱ ┃┃︱┃┃
┃┗┛┃ ┏━━┓ ┏━━┓ ┏━┓ ┃┗━┓ ┏━━┓ ┃┗━┓ ┃┗━┛┃
┃┏━┛ ┃┏┓┃ ┃┏┓┃ ┃┏┛ ┃┏┓┃ ┃┏┓┃ ┃┏┓┃ ┗━┓┏┛
┃┃︱︱ ┃┗┛┃ ┃┗┛┃ ┃┃︱ ┃┗┛┃ ┃┏┓┃ ┃┗┛┃ ┏━┛┃︱
β”—β”›οΈ±οΈ± ┗━━┛ ┗━━┛ β”—β”›οΈ± ┗━━┛ β”—β”›β”—β”› ┗━━┛ ┗━━┛︱

I hope that'/s clear.

Just a heads up.

If you are trying to fix an issue with the forum, take the entire site offline and make the fix.

You'll never get it right as long as you have hundreds of database updates happening while trying to work the problem.

If its a database issue, take the site offline, repair the database, check its metrics, back up and then archive enough to return efficient functionality.

That is all.

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure you have more experience at stuff like this than I do /rolleyes

Just a heads up.

That is all.

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure you have more experience at stuff like this than I do /rolleyes
Not sure if I have more, but I DO have experience with this kind of stuff.

Just a heads up.

That is all.
The site was spamming me with adware....rather silly

Just a heads up.

That is all.

Not sure if I have more, but I DO have experience with this kind of stuff.
I also know, I had a forum on the history of France ... a lot of problem sometimes but all his problems were à la Française.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back