I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay.

I don't get it. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but...most folks don't say what they do in the bedroom or with whom....so why is it so important to announce it to the world?

WHO CARES??? It's private. It is between the persons engaging.

I am amazed that ppl claim to care so little while participating in the thread they claim not to care about.
The only thing people care about is having something that they don't care about waved incessantly in their face, as though it's their duty to care.

Just STFU and bounce the ball, dickweed.

Speaking of double standards,

Aren't a number of professional women basketball players openly gay? Where was all the hub-bub there?

Who gives a crap?

The question is can you shoot, play defense, win the tip, and get the rebounds?

Other than that I don't care.

NBA player Jason Collins says he is gay - The Magazine - SI.com

I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay.

I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn't the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, "I'm different." If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand.

My journey of self-discovery and self-acknowledgement began in my hometown of Los Angeles and has taken me through two state high school championships, the NCAA Final Four and the Elite Eight, and nine playoffs in 12 NBA seasons.

Please keep your sex life to yourself.

He can...he just clarified/caveated. Courage and bravery, "in spades". And please tell me what NBA player keeps his sex life to himself? Most of them want to be seen as "stud muffins", the objects of "sports groupies", with legendary sexual prowess and skills. Collins didn't reveal any sordid details of his sex life...only his orientation.

But that didn't stop them from "imagining", did it? :eusa_whistle:

this is just the REASON I watched sports for...

so I could hear about some huge mans sexual preferences..and see all swoon over him for it

no wonder I've been watching less and less of sports

Because of gay ppl? yeah..ok :rofl: Are you responsible for anything you do?

Someone is always to blame for your actions, see someone about that

I know....

BREAKING!...gays blamed for falling interest in sports!

I actually give the guy credit. I can't imagine what he did was easy. There is truth to saying he's a brave for what what did. Glad to see he's getting a lot of support. He still sucks as a player though.

Forum List

Back