I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay.

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Who gives a crap?

The question is can you shoot, play defense, win the tip, and get the rebounds?

Other than that I don't care.

NBA player Jason Collins says he is gay - The Magazine - SI.com

I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn't the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, "I'm different." If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand.

My journey of self-discovery and self-acknowledgement began in my hometown of Los Angeles and has taken me through two state high school championships, the NCAA Final Four and the Elite Eight, and nine playoffs in 12 NBA seasons.

Please keep your sex life to yourself.

Who gives a crap?

I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn't the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, "I'm different." If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand.

My journey of self-discovery and self-acknowledgement began in my hometown of Los Angeles and has taken me through two state high school championships, the NCAA Final Four and the Elite Eight, and nine playoffs in 12 NBA seasons.

As a single heterosexual male/female, a star athlete can date openly without worrying about who may see them in public. For a gay athlete, that is not the case. By coming out, this man, and the others who will follow, will not have to dodge being who they are.

Does that mean that a gay person should openly flaunt it just to shove it in our face? No. But it does mean we should not judge them or make their lives miserable just because they might want to take a walk in the park holding hands with their significant other. That is something that is very difficult for most gays to do today, and it should not be.

Who gives a crap?

Only you folks who keep bringing-it-up.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=084uVWOFClw]People You Should Know: Dave Kopay | KCTS 9 CONNECTS - YouTube[/ame]​

No_fucks_given.jpg

Who gives a crap?

And he actually gets a call from the president....:rofl: :rofl:

Obama called Collins on Monday, hours after Collins became the first active male player in the four major American professional sports to come out.

Obama told Collins he was impressed by his courage, according to reports. [not because he was black and a supporter...NOOO. :rofl: ]

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-as-a-gay-player/story-e6frg6n6-1226631958151

Last edited:
Yay, our president is on hand to encourage baby killing and congratulate homosexuals for publicly announcing to the world what they like in the bedroom.

He's a stellar dude.

I think it's a good thing when prominent celebrities discuss their sexuality. It opens the door to discussion and allows people who may admire the sports figure/celebrity to re-examine their position. I have to admit that after hearing this on the news, my daughter confided in me that she might be bi-sexual. She knows she's attracted to boys, but thinks she might be attracted to girls as well. She's not sure. But the point is, Jason Collins, with his bravery, allowed this discussion to happen. I applaud him for that.

I think it's a good thing when prominent celebrities discuss their sexuality. It opens the door to discussion and allows people who may admire the sports figure/celebrity to re-examine their position. I have to admit that after hearing this on the news, my daughter confided in me that she might be bi-sexual. She knows she's attracted to boys, but thinks she might be attracted to girls as well. She's not sure. But the point is, Jason Collins, with his bravery, allowed this discussion to happen. I applaud him for that.
WTF does that have to do with throwing a ball through a hoop?

If I'm a basketball fan -which I'm not, but translate to the appropriate sport- I care about his field goal percentage, 3-point percentage, free throw percentage, rebounds and all the other stuff relative to his game...The last -read: LAST- thing I give a hoot in hell about is who he likes to play snuggle bunnies with.

Why the fuck is that so difficult for the militant prissy pots to figure out?

WTF does that have to do with throwing a ball through a hoop?

If I'm a basketball fan -which I'm not, but translate to the appropriate sport- I care about his field goal percentage, 3-point percentage, free throw percentage, rebounds and all the other stuff relative to his game...The last -read: LAST- thing I give a hoot in hell about is who he likes to play snuggle bunnies with.

Why the fuck is that so difficult for the militant prissy pots to figure out?

You have a point and I respect it. But the flip side of that same coin is..."you admire me for how I perform on a basketball court, well, let me tell you something else about who I am." And, as I stated in my initial post, it can pose the opportunity for families to discuss sex and sexuality which is a good thing. I am about to go to bed and am going to word this poorly: I get the whole, "just do your job and shut up about your sexuality," but I also get how saying that you're gay in a world that typically eschews gay people can open that door to normalcy for others. Does that make any sense?

Don't care....It's not my business.

I don't want laws in your bedroom, keep your bedroom out of my face.

I don't want to know about your politics, I don't want to know who you're sleeping with.

STFU and play the game that you're paid to play.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back