Illinois Obamacare Co-op Becomes 16th to Collapse

Another ignorant thread ignoring the fact that the co-ops were merely a stopgap and were never meant to be permanent.
oh, is that the newest spin to make this look ok?

No, it's a fact. Something you've had ample time to familiarize yourself with. If you prefer screaming soundbites that bolster your confirmation bias, that can't be helped.
sorry, just cant find anything to clarify the temporary status of the co-ops.
so if you were to look at the facts, its just another failure from the Kenyan goat herder thats married to the transvestite.

Another ignorant thread ignoring the fact that the co-ops were merely a stopgap and were never meant to be permanent.

No, it's a fact. Something you've had ample time to familiarize yourself with. If you prefer screaming soundbites that bolster your confirmation bias, that can't be helped.
so if you were to look at the facts, its just another failure from the Kenyan goat herder thats married to the transvestite.

Alternate universe fiction is fun, isn't it? I wonder what "fail" narrative you lot will spin when faced with single-payer?

Alternate universe fiction is fun, isn't it? I wonder what "fail" narrative you lot will spin when faced with single-payer?
The fail will be in the health care that will no longer be.
personally I think that if one can pay for coverage, then they should get coverage, if one cannot pay for coverage then they should not have coverage. It should only take a few years before everyone has coverage at that point.

personally I think that if one can pay for coverage, then they should get coverage, if one cannot pay for coverage then they should not have coverage. It should only take a few years before everyone has coverage at that point.

Ah, the old "let them eat cake" school of thought. Love that one.

more like a support yourself and leave my pocket alone school of thought.
I really dont care if someone I dont know has health insurance or not. Just dont die in the street and cause me to sit in traffic.

I really dont care if someone I dont know has health insurance or not. Just dont die in the street and cause me to sit in traffic.

So would you characterize the transition to single-payer as your worst nightmare or only one of many?

So would you characterize the transition to single-payer as your worst nightmare or only one of many?
I see nothing wrong with the way it has been. Ive always had really great health insurance. That will end when the dregs of society start flooding the Dr offices with their unshowered stench.

I see nothing wrong with the way it has been. Ive always had really great health insurance.

And that would be the "I've got mine and fuck everyone else" school. Does it apply to all aspects of your life or only health insurance? And if Daddy Corporation had pulled you off the tit, would you have been able to pay for your own prior to 2014?

I see nothing wrong with the way it has been. Ive always had really great health insurance.

And that would be the "I've got mine and fuck everyone else" school. Does it apply to all aspects of your life or only health insurance? And if Daddy Corporation had pulled you off the tit, would you have been able to pay for your own prior to 2014?
actually yes, I would have paid for my own, as I always have.
see the problem here is that you and those like you have always expected everyone else to take care of you. How about you try taking care of yourself for once and get out of other peoples pockets.
Giving a bum health insurance only keeps the problem going.

And so if the PPACA had not been passed, and your insurer raised premiums arbitrarily (actuarily, it makes sense to raise them every five years, but some insurers were raising them whenever they damn well pleased - usually on individual rather than group policies), you'd have happily paid an extra few hundred a month, and then another few hundred, and another and another and another rather than a perceived increase in your taxes.

(I say "perceived," because if I asked you to provide data on how "Real Americans'" taxes have increased since January '14, I doubt you could or would provide them.)

So now we're down to "penny wise, pound foolish."

And so if the PPACA had not been passed, and your insurer raised premiums arbitrarily (actuarily, it makes sense to raise them every five years, but some insurers were raising them whenever they damn well pleased - usually on individual rather than group policies), you'd have happily paid an extra few hundred a month, and then another few hundred, and another and another and another rather than a perceived increase in your taxes.

(I say "perceived," because if I asked you to provide data on how "Real Americans'" taxes have increased since January '14, I doubt you could or would provide them.)

instead if I have to go to this fucked up plan designed to make those that work pay for those that dont, My premiums would double overnight and my $0.00 deductible would be 12,800 a year.
sorry but I really just dont care about someone too lazy to take care of themselves.

instead if I have to go to this fucked up plan designed to make those that work pay for those that dont, My premiums would double overnight and my $0.00 deductible would be 12,800 a year.

You've actually verified that or is it just hearsay? If I were you, I'd run it through the calculator again to be sure: Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator

Incidentally, I've been enjoying this conversation. To your credit, you've explained your position clearly and without resorting to name-calling. Much appreciated.

However, you might want to avoid the "everyone who disagrees with me is a deadbeat who doesn't work and expects me to support them" dittohead screed, at least with me. It does you a disservice.

You've actually verified that or is it just hearsay? If I were you, I'd run it through the calculator again to be sure: Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator

Incidentally, I've been enjoying this conversation. To your credit, you've explained your position clearly and without resorting to name-calling. Much appreciated.

However, you might want to avoid the "everyone who disagrees with me is a deadbeat who doesn't work and expects me to support them" dittohead screed, at least with me. It does you a disservice.
Yes I verified that. And to make it worse, the coverage would not be as good as I now have.
Im tired of being expected to keep paying more in taxes to support people too lazy not to work.

You've actually verified that or is it just hearsay? If I were you, I'd run it through the calculator again to be sure: Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator

Yes I verified that. And to make it worse, the coverage would not be as good as I now have.
Im tired of being expected to keep paying more in taxes to support people too lazy not to work.

You're conflating taxes with insurance premiums. If you want to discuss the latter, I can ask you whether or not your taxes have increased since your state - wisely - accepted the Medicaid expansion, and you'll justifiably refuse to answer me. Or we can continue to discuss insurance premiums. Or we can agree to disagree and move on. But reflexively iterating your second sentence does not advance the conversation.

Or maybe that's your goal. :dunno:

You're conflating taxes with insurance premiums. If you want to discuss the latter, I can ask you whether or not your taxes have increased since your state - wisely - accepted the Medicaid expansion, and you'll justifiably refuse to answer me. Or we can continue to discuss insurance premiums. Or we can agree to disagree and move on. But reflexively iterating your second sentence does not advance the conversation.

actually under the non-leadership of Martin OweMalley, our taxes almost doubled in order to cover the cost of the ille,,, I mean, new Americans.

actually under the non-leadership of Martin OweMalley, our taxes almost doubled in order to cover the cost of the ille,,, I mean, new Americans.

I'm sure you can provide the data to support that.

I'm sure you can provide the data to support that.
Im sure you can do a simple search and find it.
Ever heard of the rain tax? LOL. Or, tolls and fuel tax being raised because the highway fund was raided to pay for the filthy illegals.

Forum List

Back