Illinois Goes All In, Moves To Ban All Guns, Criminalize Owners...

in other words, you don't have a clue what the bill says or whether it has any support.

i can promise, if it's passed and it actually says what you think it does, it will be overturned.

(which is why i'd bet it doesn't say what you think it does).

so stop frothing at the mouth.

and stop getting your "information" from the blogosphere.

For some reason, your promise isn't very comforting. Go figure.

you can say that. but last i checked, Heller is still law. and anything that smacks of a total ban is going to get slapped down.

so i'd like to know what 'effectively' means.

I'm glad you're so confident, but i'm not.

Yes, this is really happening...

Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will reportedly introduce a draconian bill today in the Illinois legislature that will effectively ban all modern firearms, criminalize their owners, and subject their guns to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

The proposed outlawing of firearms was confirmed by the NRA’s Illinois rep, according to Robert Farago, writing for The Truth About Guns website.

The move coincides with a federal effort by Senator Dianne Feinstein to introduce legislation outlawing semiautomatic firearms and imposing de facto confiscation.

From the Illinois State Rifle Association:

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called ‘assault weapons’ but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

Folks monitoring the effort to disembowel the Second Amendment in the Land of Lincoln say the bill has a 50-50 chance of passage.

They advise gun owners both in and out-of-state to call Senate President Cullerton at 217-782-2000 and contact state representatives at ilga.gov.

------------------------------------

They're coming for our guns. Period.

Illinois Goes All In, Moves To Ban All Guns, Criminalize Owners | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Good for them. Not a chance in hell of it happening, but good for them to try.

Illinois trying to dump on people's Constitutional Rights and you have nothing but "good for them"... Disgraceful that people are more than willing to offer up their Freedoms to prop up a twisted tyrannical ideology as if the elitists of that ideology somehow have their best interests in mind.

Fits the bill, great day for the criminal element, bad day for the legal and responsible gun owners. Can't wait to see how effective it will be in reducing gun related deaths. If in doubt, be stupid, pass a law and sing Kum Bah Ya.
While they are at it they should disarm the police as well!

Last edited:
Those that hate guns will retain that hate long after the government collapses.
They will repent after they are taken away to work on the collective farms that produce food for the military while they watch their children starve.

Unless the lessons of history no longer apply.

They want to make it so that criminals can walk the streets with impunity

They already do in that so-called gun free zone of Chicago... 500 murders in 2012 in a place where guns are banned... It was my understanding that liberals want people to believe that gun bans make you safer... Apparently not, when facts are brought into play.

They will repent after they are taken away to work on the collective farms that produce food for the military while they watch their children starve.

I keep telling the USMB Useful Idiots that they will be the first layer of the Mass Graves and that their Masters already have their seat assignments on the first cattle cars out of town.

They want to make it so that criminals can walk the streets with impunity

They already do in that so-called gun free zone of Chicago... 500 murders in 2012 in a place where guns are banned... It was my understanding that liberals want people to believe that gun bans make you safer... Apparently not, when facts are brought into play.

Facts, schmacts. They have Hope

They have Change

Who can ask for anything more?

No, really, guys, the criminals will obey THIS one! Promise!

And now, I'd like to discuss liberal energy policy:

image.php

Illinois Senate President John Cullerton will reportedly introduce a draconian bill today in the Illinois legislature that will effectively ban all modern firearms, criminalize their owners, and subject their guns to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

The proposed outlawing of firearms was confirmed by the NRA’s Illinois rep, according to Robert Farago, writing for The Truth About Guns website.

The move coincides with a federal effort by Senator Dianne Feinstein to introduce legislation outlawing semiautomatic firearms and imposing de facto confiscation.

Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called ‘assault weapons’ but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.

Folks monitoring the effort to disembowel the Second Amendment in the Land of Lincoln say the bill has a 50-50 chance of passage.

They advise gun owners both in and out-of-state to call Senate President Cullerton at 217-782-2000 and contact state representatives at ilga.gov.

Illinois Goes All In, Moves To Ban All Guns, Criminalize Owners | Peace . Gold . Liberty

in other words, you don't have a clue what the bill says or whether it has any support.

i can promise, if it's passed and it actually says what you think it does, it will be overturned.

For some reason, your promise isn't very comforting. Go figure.

But a slime story from InfoWars gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling?

The only way to ban weapons is by amending the Constitution.

The question we should be asking ourselves is "How do we change these peoples minds?".

It is literally the way they perceive firearms that is the problem.

I've been surrounded by firearms my entire life...there are five in this room.

I associate them with hunting and target shooting...generally fun times.

I also associate them with self defense, which makes me feel safer, empowered to protect myself and my loved ones and even strangers...which is also a good feeling.

The majority of those who fear guns only personal interaction with firearms is through the news media coverage of criminals and death.

How often do media outlets cover "woman protects children with firearm"?

Not very often...it's just criminal activity and murders.

Is it any wonder they want them gone? Bombarded with all the negative and none of the positive.

Last edited:

A reliable indicator that something is manufactured bullshit is when it is begun with the words, "Yes, this is really happening." Well I guess that settles it! It must be true! No need to check. He said it is really happening.

I have bolded the only words you need to read.

"Here's a rumor we pulled out of our ass! Drink this piss and pass it on!"

Now let us check the real world, shall we?

Illinois Senate panel OKs ban on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines

Driven by the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, gun-control legislation designed to ban assault weapons and the ammunition that feeds them passed a Senate panel late Wednesday, setting the stage for a possible floor vote on Thursday.

His proposal, which passed 6-3, accompanied a measure sponsored by Sen. Antonio Munoz (D-Chicago) that would impose similar restrictions on military-style weapons, like the ones used in last month’s murders of 20 children and six adults at the elementary school in Newtown, Conn.,

Both measures were opposed by the National Rifle Association.

Opposed by the NRA, which manufactured the obligatory DUH GUBMINTS CUMMIN FER YER GUNZ rumor to go with it.

Now let's see. Who is specifically mentioned in the fabricated story the young and gullible Mr. Pauli brought us? Oh, yes. Illinois Senate President John Cullerton. He was going to ban every gun on the planet. And he was going to send the state troopers to come and get the ones you have.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Late Wednesday, Senate President John Cullerton (D-Chicago) told the Chicago Sun-Times that he expects both measures to get full Senate votes on Thursday. Senate Democratic sources predicted ultimate narrow passage of the contentious legislation, but Cullerton was not prepared to publicly handicap things that way.

Last edited:

Illinois trying to dump on people's Constitutional Rights and you have nothing but "good for them"... Disgraceful that people are more than willing to offer up their Freedoms to prop up a twisted tyrannical ideology as if the elitists of that ideology somehow have their best interests in mind.

You are the one who sounds twisted from where I stand.

And what if, by some strange chance, it isn't overturned. After all, stranger things have happened, wouldn't you agree?

So what happens then? Do they begin a "roundup" of those law-abiding citizens who have never broken a law? Do they begin incarcerating those individuals who refuse to obey this "law"?

Think it can't happen? Tell that to the folks in Havana, Moscow and Peking.

But the liberals wouldn't let it go THAT far, would they? After all, they only want what's "best" for the rest of us, don't they.......??

The question we should be asking ourselves is "How do we change these peoples minds?".

It is literally the way they perceive firearms that is the problem.

I've been surrounded by firearms my entire life...there are five in this room.

I associate them with hunting and target shooting...generally fun times.

I also associate them with self defense, which makes me feel safer, empowered to protect myself and my loved ones and even strangers...which is also a good feeling.

The majority of those who fear guns only personal interaction with firearms is through the news media coverage of criminals and death.

How often do media outlets cover "woman protects children with firearm"?

Not very often...it's just criminal activity and murders.

Is it any wonder they want them gone? Bombarded with all the negative and none of the positive.

I disagree on one aspect. We need to change hearts as well

You are the one who sounds twisted from where I stand.

Then get on rational, non-suicidal ground.

Forum List

Back