Illegal Immigration - The next great national debate?

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Foxfyre, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,387
    If a number of pundits are right, the focus of the current Administration and Congress will now turn back to illegal immigration.

What, if anything, should we do to stop people from entering the United States illegally?

What, if anything, should we do about those who are already here?

What, if anything, should be required of those who make it possible for illegals to be here?

What, if any, penalties or consequences should be imposed on those who:
    a) come here illegally?
    b) give comfort and/or emergency services to those who are here illegally?
    c) give jobs to those who are here illegally?

Should people living in the United States illegally be provided the education benefits, health care, social security, workers compensation benefits, low income assistance, etc. that is available to U.S. citizens?

I'm hoping for some pertinent observations and concrete suggestions for how best to deal with this problem if you believe it is a problem. If you do not see a problem, please explain why you think none exists.

2. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330
    I just posted this idea in another thread. The best long-term solution might be with stable growth of the Mexican economy. If there are expanding job opportunities in Mexico, there's no need to cross the border looking for jobs here. Ending subsidies might expand some industries' growth into Mexico. And there are other benefits to ending subsidies, but I won't go into that.

In general, I think most illegal immigrants don't come here to fuck around. They desperately want work so they can support the family. For every horror story about an illegal immigrant joining MS-13, there's probably ten times the number of stories about those who keep their head down, work in a back-breaking job just to send three-fourths of their earning home.

But they're still breaking the law. That has to be recognized.

Immediate deportation. No amnesty, because that's unfair to those who wait in line for months--even years--to come here with the appropriate paperwork.

Vote 'em out?

a) Immediate deportation
    b) Depends on the offense. Are we talking a family member that harbors her son-in-law who just hopped the fence yesterday, or an underground operation that hauls dozens of illegal immigrants across the border every day?
    c) First time offense: fine the business one-years salary of highest-paid worker for each illegal immigrant employed. Second time offense and thereafter: Strip any licensing associated with the business. Owner faces a personal fine of up to $50,000 (fyi: equal to violating the DMCA).

No. The only moral argument I can see would be about treating a medical emergency--i.e. a roofer shoot a nine-inch nail through his palm. But as far as any of the social programs listed, no.

3. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Well nothing we tried so far has worked, so nothing. What exactly is restricting immigration accomplishing anyway?

Nothing, anything we will do would just be a temporary solution and way too costly.

I'm not sure what you mean

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  4. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,387
    I mean there are sanctuary states and sanctuary cities that practically invite the illegals to move in. There are all kinds of social services who provide clothing, food, furniture, housing, and sometimes cash. There is free education provided. There is free healthcare provided. There are those who are supposed to be enforcing the law who are looking the other way. And there are the employers who hire illegals. And there are those who help them come across the border and who hide them if that should be necessary.

All of these make it possible for illegals to be here.

Should there be any consequences?

5. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    "We" can't do anything. The Democrats in Congress will tell us what this nation is going to do if anything. And any of us who are opposed will be told we do not have a right to make any kind of political statement in opposition to it.

Immie

6. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Advertise the new strict programs that will be enforce against illegal immigrants and anyone who employs them or contracts labor with them.

Send them home in a return the illegals bus. No if and's or but's.

Fines and jail time. Deportation if they are being harbored by another immigrant. Stop any grants to agencies assisting illegal aliens. Legal Services Corporation Programs Aid Illegal Immigrants | Center for Immigration Studies.

Programs like the stale bread programs that keep some of these people from starving should not be included in the terms of fines and jail time. There are areas where people do feed some of the illegals day old or thrown out bread. I do think that more should be done to get inside these camps and find out who brought or assisted these people into getting across the border and get them help to get them back across the border.

a) fines and penalties
    b) medical emergency services should not be denied.
    c) fine the employers who hired the illegal aliens. Silky has some good ideas. Licenses to be revoke for repeat offenders is a good idea. Banned from government contracts or programs would be another option for a repeat offender.

Only medical emergencies. As soon as they are able send them home.

E-verify would have been a good start. If illegal immigrants cannot get work they would not come here. Local police forces should be checking for green cards also when it is obvious or very apparent that the person may be an illegal alien.

Right now in rural communities across the nation contractors, farmers and other employers are preparing to gear up for spring work. Every year for the last five years I've seen contractors in Des Moines doing city work with illegal aliens. There is also a newer mall up there that has several hundred illegal immigrants working there. These contractors and businesses are cheating honest business who hire legitimate workers by cheating and under cutting cost with underpaid illegal workers.

I care more about American workers that need jobs than I do about illegal immigrants that drive the working man's wage down.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Founder

Founder Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    HERE IS THE SOLUTION...

1. Increase our birthrate of the Best and Brightest among us, and stop subsidizing the birthrate of our worst and dumbest which we do in hundreds of ways, and surely STOP subsidizing the birthrate of the worst and dumbest in loser nations.

2. Provide sufficient punishment for illegal entry that no one would even think of it. I would suggest 5 years at hard labor, for the first offense, 10 years for the second offense, and 20 years for the third offense. These people come here for money, so making them work their butts off for nothing for 5 years will be sufficient to deter them from ever setting foot here illegally.

With those kinds of penalties in place we could dismantle all our vast expensive border force and expensive check points. By hard labor, I'm talking about chained ankles and non-stop work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

THEN when we release them you wouldn't even have to deport them. They would run for the border and dive across on their own. They would generously be given 20 days to get across some border, and if they were caught here after that they would be arrested and get the next highest sentence and so on. That deterrence alone will totally cure anyone from coming here illegally.

3. Then, if we need them, bring in people who must have very high job skills that we clearly need, and that have at least a BA and the money to take care of any of their needs, and/or 5 to 10 million dollars to add to our economy.

4. Meanwhile, while this is working itself out, NO services of any sort for any reason, even emergency medical care for any other than citizens. All green carders and such would have 3 months to qualify to become citizens, or out they go. Everyone here must qualify to be a citizen or out they go.

5. Make it very hard to marry foreigners, and if anyone does marry one, they can never bring in any relatives of the spouse.

6. Five years in prison for anyone who aids and abets any illegal immigration of any sort.

7. No flying or showing any flag of any nation other than our own on our soil. One year at hard labor for doing this.

8. No public speaking in any language other than English, UNLESS the person in question can show they are proficient in English by testing. One year of hard labor for this.

9. NO rights of citizenship of any sort for anyone who is not an adult American citizen. No trial by jury, or any other right.

10. No rights of citizenship for any convicted felon. Such people would be encouraged to leave the country to wherever will accept them. They are not welcome here.

This is not a perfect list and can be improved upon, but it is a beginning. It would be a good start on our problems in this area.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Yes Illegal immigration will likely become a hot topic. After all we have to blame our problems on someone besides ourselves.

9. ☭proletarian☭

☭proletarian☭ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Put anyone who hires them in prison and stop giving them food, shelter, and medical care. If they're caught, put them in a chain gang and feed them just enough to keep them alive until they fall dead from exhaustion.
    Give them 72 hours to leave. After that, if they're caught, put them in a chain gang and feed them just enough to keep them alive until they fall dead from exhaustion.
    Those who hire or harbour them should be sent to gitmo for helping unknown agents violate our national sovereignty. in six years, they'll be given a hearing to determine whether they were potential terrorists. Those found guilty will be executed and those found innocent will be detained so they can't recruit others to form terrorist cells.

ZERO FUCKING TOLERANCE!
    Chain gang/slavery
    Prison and tried for treason for working to dissolve our borders and undermine our soverignty

Prison and tried for treason for working to dissolve our borders and undermine our soverignty
    No. Only citizens should receive full benefits and only citizens and legal residents should receive free education.

10. ☭proletarian☭

☭proletarian☭ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Won't happen their race can't maintain a successful first-world nation without the White Mans' help. That's why they come here instead of fixing their own damned nation. The only way the can succeed is as our puppet state.