'I'll throw you off this fucking balcony, I'll break you in half'

So it was an idle threat since you can't really break someone in half.

You look completely ridiculous in this thread. Give it a rest.

No, I won't.

I was hoping my post would get people to think. There was a time in this country when most men where men.

A time when you crossed the line with another man and he got in your face you either realized you were wrong and apologized or if you felt you were right you would stand your ground and fight back. You didn't go run to your mommy to tell what the big meany said to you ala Sen. Leahy.

The reporter last night should have understood that he broke the code of honor. He asked the congressman to be on camera to discuss the SOTU, then tried to blindside him with the campaign finance crap. He should have realized he was wrong and erased the tape.

It's not how honorable men treat each other.

This is nonsense. There's nothing manly about threatening people, idly or otherwise. The question hardly crossed the line, but if he had a problem with it then simply walking away was an acceptable response. Going back when you think the cameras are no longer rolling and threatening violence is something a child would do.

https://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/it...o_throw_reporter_off_fucking_balcony_for_aski

As State of the Union rebuttals go, it’s going to be hard to top Rep. Michael Grimm, R-New York.

The former Marine and FBI vet told a reporter asking about campaign finance issues—and this is according to a transcript from the network conducting the ill-fated interview:

Grimm: “Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I’ll throw you off this f—–g balcony.”

Scotto: “Why? I just wanted to ask you…”

[[cross talk]]

Grimm: “If you ever do that to me again…”

Scotto: “Why? Why? It’s a valid question.”

[[cross talk]]

Grimm: “No, no, you’re not man enough, you’re not man enough. I’ll break you in half. Like a boy.”

More on the story here. Video below.
They surely do get pissy when they get caught.

Let me guess, he just threatened the guy out of the blue, for no reason whatever. I am 100% positive that Obama, or any Democrat, has never done anything even remotely similar, even if a reporter did something to provoke it.

Embattled New York Republican Rep. Michael Grimm threatened to "break" a NY1 reporter and throw him off a balcony after President Obama's State of the Union address Tuesday night.

http://http://www.nydailynews.com/n...ked-fundraising-allegations-article-1.1594857

The Congressman needs to get a grip.

There are people you can hire to do that.

No need to get ones hands dirty touching slime like that.

Good on you endorsing that sort of behavior.

By the way..your avatar is a lie.

And back then, you folks were calling Martin Luther King Jr. a communist.

You might not be old enough to remember that.

But then again..you guys call EVERYONE communists.

I haven't seen you complaining about the way Obama sends his flunkies after people that piss him off.

Well now we know what a GOP government would look like.

There's bad apples in both parties.
This one has to go!

Republicans generally get rid of theirs. Dems...not so much:eusa_eh:

rangel_beach.jpg

No, I won't.

I was hoping my post would get people to think. There was a time in this country when most men where men.

A time when you crossed the line with another man and he got in your face you either realized you were wrong and apologized or if you felt you were right you would stand your ground and fight back. You didn't go run to your mommy to tell what the big meany said to you ala Sen. Leahy.

The reporter last night should have understood that he broke the code of honor. He asked the congressman to be on camera to discuss the SOTU, then tried to blindside him with the campaign finance crap. He should have realized he was wrong and erased the tape.

This is nonsense. There's nothing manly about threatening people, idly or otherwise. The question hardly crossed the line, but if he had a problem with it then simply walking away was an acceptable response. Going back when you think the cameras are no longer rolling and threatening violence is something a child would do.

Can't we all just get along????????

No, I won't.

Exactly. But apparently that is not what people want to acknowledge. I wonder why.

No, I won't.

Can't we all just get along????????

Yes, when we don't resort to threats of violence like little children.

What in the hell do you know about what Marines do/don't.
Dear God.
Did you ever bother to serve your country?

No, of course Luddly hasn't served!?!? My God, every good liberal knows that people who serve or have served are one step away from becoming crazed madmen! Luddly served? I had to laugh out loud when I read that one.

My first husband was killed in Vietnam.
My second husband came home from Vietnam an empty husk.

Don't pretend to know what PTSD is really like or what its like to have catastrophic combat injuries and don't pretend to be heroes when, in fact, you do nothing to earn your spot on this planet.

This thread is about a Republican threatening to murder a journalist. How about you have the balls to address that fact?

Ahhhh, and thus the biggest difference between you and your ideology and mine. "... you do nothing to earn your spot on this planet." I do not require anyone to do anything to 'earn' a spot on this planet. They are human and therefore have a right to be here. Just as much as anyone. I do not have the right to judge whether they've earned anything or not. You, on the other hand, have appointed yourself arbiter of whether someone has done enough as most liberals consider themselves 'the great enlightened' of the masses. It is apparent that your self-importance is only out weighed by your self righteousness.

Your HUSBANDS served. Congratulations. You didn't. I spent a tour in Vietnam and I will be the first to tell you that although I saw a SMALL amount of action, I was not subject to anything like others saw.

I listened to Grimm's outburst. Stupid, ill-conceived and ridiculous. And he has apologized. I don't know him, don't know his stand on the issues and frankly don't really want to know him. But he's got an (R) by his name and for you it's enough to vomit your tired talking points. The likes of you and RDean are become more transparent by the day.

Your indignation was wasted. Kind of funny... but wasted.

No, I won't.

Really?

Where, exactly, was the line? According to the congresscritter he was doing the reporter a favor, and had stipulated in advance that the questions were to be limited in scope strictly to the SOTU speech.

By the way, I have watched three different versions of the video, and none of them let me hear what the congresscritter said. I see no reason to defend anyone who threatens someone, but I am enjoying poking all the idiots who are attacking this guy while ignoring the fact that it happens all the time.

No, I won't.

You do sound completely ridiculous.

You also sound like a blind partisan hack.

No, I won't.

Yeah...the Congressman would have liked that, wouldn't he?

https://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/it...o_throw_reporter_off_fucking_balcony_for_aski

As State of the Union rebuttals go, it’s going to be hard to top Rep. Michael Grimm, R-New York.

The former Marine and FBI vet told a reporter asking about campaign finance issues—and this is according to a transcript from the network conducting the ill-fated interview:

Grimm: “Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I’ll throw you off this f—–g balcony.”

[[cross talk]]

[[cross talk]]

Grimm: “No, no, you’re not man enough, you’re not man enough. I’ll break you in half. Like a boy.”

Here is one video, but the words are hard to hear. Obviously, Grimm said it, because he is not apologizing profusely:

Last edited by a moderator:

[[cross talk]]

[[cross talk]]

Here is one video, but the words are hard to hear. Obviously, Grimm said it, because he is not apologizing profusely:

Sorry, but it is not obvious.

Obama lies through the entire duration of his speech and the liberals finds something to talk about. His lies affects millions of Americans and this is what they talk about..,typical

No, I won't.

Really?

Where, exactly, was the line? According to the congresscritter he was doing the reporter a favor, and had stipulated in advance that the questions were to be limited in scope strictly to the SOTU speech.

By the way, I have watched three different versions of the video, and none of them let me hear what the congresscritter said. I see no reason to defend anyone who threatens someone, but I am enjoying poking all the idiots who are attacking this guy while ignoring the fact that it happens all the time.

I'll "attack" anybody who threatens physical violence for no reason. I repeat, if he had a problem with the question, which he obviously did, then walking away was the correct response. I don't have a problem with that. Coming back when you think the cameras are no longer rolling to threaten somebody with violence for a question that isn't even offensive in the least is stupid and reveals his lack of character. A lack of character that I'm sure most politicians, Democrat or Republican, share. As I said before, politics attracts a certain power hungry type of sociopath.

Threatening to kill someone is, at the least, a misdemeanor in every state of the Union, and, depending on the severity of the threat, a felony.

If charges are brought against Grimm, then there is also a strong case for impeachment in the House of Representatives and conviction in the Senate. Of course, if the guy even has two brain cells left, he will resign and save the Congress this kind of circus.

Because no matter how he looks at it, his career is over. The media will never trust him again and I can imagine that many reporters will refuse to cover him.

If Republicans are smart, then they will first censure him, then tell him to resign, and if he does not, they should impeach him. If they do not, then all those hollow cries about "impeach Obama" will be even hollower.

I will remind that Grimm made these death threats to a reporter while that reporter was on a balcony. Grimm, a former FBI agent, trained in killing with efficiency, could have done exactly what he threatened to do.

What an absolute asshole.

Last edited:

Sorry, but it is not obvious.

Obama lies through the entire duration of his speech and the liberals finds something to talk about. His lies affects millions of Americans and this is what they talk about..,typical

Sure, it's obvious, for he has already apologized for those words.

Forum List

Back