'I'll throw you off this fucking balcony, I'll break you in half'

Well now we know what a GOP government would look like.

There's bad apples in both parties.
This one has to go!

Republicans generally get rid of theirs. Dems...not so much:eusa_eh:

rangel_beach.jpg

Dems give them cabinet positions.

Reported here:

Reporter: I don't take Congressman's threat personally - CNN.com Video

(video at the link)

Grimm's apology:

Grimm: 'No excuse' for threatening reporter - NBC Politics

"New York congressman Michael Grimm apologized Wednesday for physically threatening a reporter at the Capitol, saying there’s “no excuse” for his behavior and that the incident “shouldn’t have happened.”

“I'm a human being and sometimes your emotions get the better of you,” he told NBC’s Kelly O’Donnell. “And the bottom line though is it shouldn't happen, you shouldn't lose your cool, and that's why I apologized. When you're wrong you're wrong, you have to admit it, and it shouldn't have happened.”"

Threats of bodily harm in response to a question? What a jackass. Criminal charges should be filed and he should be censured by the House. He is a disgrace.

A generation ago, there would have been consequences for what is accepted now.

These days, congress can commit almost any crime and its just business as usual. Cocaine? Not a problem. Looking for sex in airport bathrooms? That's okay. A congressman lies and calls the president a liar and gets re-elected for his own lie. Vitter/Coburn/Santorum launder money over a sex scheme and Santorum runs for president while the other two just go to work the next day. Issa, a known crook who is now hiding facts in hopes of pinning fake charges on the president.

I notice too that in Grimm's statement, there is not apology for his threats of bodily harm.

And, some rw's here blame the president.

:cuckoo:

Seems their okay with violent intimidating threats to deny the reporter his constitutional rights.

No wonder they have as their new darling Russian President Putin who simply has reporters in Russia he doesn't like killed.

They have had the hots for the (shirtless!) Russian, haven't they? All the unhinged poutrage about "Uncle Joe" (about back in the days he was on our side against Hitler and the Japanese) seems merely a matter of preference. :eek:

Reported here:

(video at the link)

Grimm's apology:

"New York congressman Michael Grimm apologized Wednesday for physically threatening a reporter at the Capitol, saying there’s “no excuse” for his behavior and that the incident “shouldn’t have happened.”

“I'm a human being and sometimes your emotions get the better of you,” he told NBC’s Kelly O’Donnell. “And the bottom line though is it shouldn't happen, you shouldn't lose your cool, and that's why I apologized. When you're wrong you're wrong, you have to admit it, and it shouldn't have happened.”"

This is exactly my point, except it should never have been in the public eye.

Grimm was lucky the reporter wasn't armed

Stand your ground would apply

https://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/it...o_throw_reporter_off_fucking_balcony_for_aski

As State of the Union rebuttals go, it’s going to be hard to top Rep. Michael Grimm, R-New York.

The former Marine and FBI vet told a reporter asking about campaign finance issues—and this is according to a transcript from the network conducting the ill-fated interview:

Grimm: “Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I’ll throw you off this f—–g balcony.”

Scotto: “Why? I just wanted to ask you…”

[[cross talk]]

Grimm: “If you ever do that to me again…”

Scotto: “Why? Why? It’s a valid question.”

[[cross talk]]

Grimm: “No, no, you’re not man enough, you’re not man enough. I’ll break you in half. Like a boy.”

More on the story here. Video below.

They surely do get pissy when they get caught.

Sounds like the weird pissiness I run into when I ask questions like
How is the ACA pro-choice? or How does a cross on a public building
IMPOSE on an atheist who doesn't believe in God without proof,
yet PENALIZING people for not believing in federal insurance mandates
doesn't count as imposing on people's beliefs?

The difference with fellow prochoice liberals who won't answer,
is they won't stand and fight like this guy, but will "turn and run":
turn off their brains and run their mouths, explaining how the
opposition isn't sincere, and thus doesn't count as valid beliefs equal to theirs.

This from the party of equal rights, equal inclusion and against "inequality" ????

Ah, isn't it cute when the left finds a new target

Pixie, for me, it's not about a new target, and notice I never mentioned Grimm's political affliation.

If a DEM had done this, I would have written exactly the same thing. It's not a political issue. It's a LEGAL issue. Threatening to kill someone is, as I wrote, at the least, a misdemeanor and can be a felony.

Grimm's career is over. Not because he is a Republican. But because he fucked up so badly.

But to the political side of this: for a party that loves to take the moral high ground, the party that should be tearing into Grimm the most should be the GOP.

Pixie, for me, it's not about a new target, and notice I never mentioned Grimm's political affliation.

If a DEM had done this, I would have written exactly the same thing. It's not a political issue. It's a LEGAL issue. Threatening to kill someone is, as I wrote, at the least, a misdemeanor and can be a felony.

Grimm's career is over. Not because he is a Republican. But because he fucked up so badly.

But to the political side of this: for a party that loves to take the moral high ground, the party that should be tearing into Grimm the most should be the GOP.

While I agree, he messed up.

I will also say, that obama messed up worse, and the left is cool with what he has done to our country

I will also say, that obama messed up worse, and the left is cool with what he has done to our country

Obama threatened to throw someone off a balcony? or worse?

If they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun.....

Worse!

You look completely ridiculous in this thread. Give it a rest.

No, I won't.

I was hoping my post would get people to think. There was a time in this country when most men where men.

A time when you crossed the line with another man and he got in your face you either realized you were wrong and apologized or if you felt you were right you would stand your ground and fight back. You didn't go run to your mommy to tell what the big meany said to you ala Sen. Leahy.

The reporter last night should have understood that he broke the code of honor. He asked the congressman to be on camera to discuss the SOTU, then tried to blindside him with the campaign finance crap. He should have realized he was wrong and erased the tape.

It's not how honorable men treat each other.

This is nonsense. There's nothing manly about threatening people, idly or otherwise. The question hardly crossed the line, but if he had a problem with it then simply walking away was an acceptable response. Going back when you think the cameras are no longer rolling and threatening violence is something a child would do.

Well said. No excuse for what he did, including his lame 'I'm only human'. The journalist was doing his job and saying he "broke the code of honor" is just stupid. Its the congressman who broke the code of honor.

And, "erase the tape"???? WTH?

IOW its only bad because he got caught and there's video that proves it.

Reported here:

(video at the link)

Grimm's apology:

This is exactly my point, except it should never have been in the public eye.

Make a note, thugs: don't threaten to kill while you're on camera.

Incredible.

No, of course Luddly hasn't served!?!? My God, every good liberal knows that people who serve or have served are one step away from becoming crazed madmen! Luddly served? I had to laugh out loud when I read that one.

My first husband was killed in Vietnam.
My second husband came home from Vietnam an empty husk.

Don't pretend to know what PTSD is really like or what its like to have catastrophic combat injuries and don't pretend to be heroes when, in fact, you do nothing to earn your spot on this planet.

This thread is about a Republican threatening to murder a journalist. How about you have the balls to address that fact?

Ahhhh, and thus the biggest difference between you and your ideology and mine. "... you do nothing to earn your spot on this planet." I do not require anyone to do anything to 'earn' a spot on this planet. They are human and therefore have a right to be here. Just as much as anyone. I do not have the right to judge whether they've earned anything or not. You, on the other hand, have appointed yourself arbiter of whether someone has done enough as most liberals consider themselves 'the great enlightened' of the masses. It is apparent that your self-importance is only out weighed by your self righteousness.

Your HUSBANDS served. Congratulations. You didn't. I spent a tour in Vietnam and I will be the first to tell you that although I saw a SMALL amount of action, I was not subject to anything like others saw.

I listened to Grimm's outburst. Stupid, ill-conceived and ridiculous. And he has apologized. I don't know him, don't know his stand on the issues and frankly don't really want to know him. But he's got an (R) by his name and for you it's enough to vomit your tired talking points. The likes of you and RDean are become more transparent by the day.

Your indignation was wasted. Kind of funny... but wasted.

Right or left, Repub or Dem, he threatened to murder someone. That's the fact of it. Deal with it.

By your own admission, you have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing funny about the death of a serviceman or the life sentence of a catastrophic combat injury and "indignation" doesn't even begin to describe what families must bear.

Families DO "serve". They put their lives on hold and sometimes they lose what is most precious to them. Did you watch the vet who sat with our First Lady last night? HE is a true hero and both he and his family will pay for his courage every day for the rest of their lives.

Its jerks like you that real vets have to fight, every single day. You're not fit to shine their shoes.

Edited to add clarification.

Forum List

Back