If you support bailouts....

mash107

Dec 24, 2008
Time to put your money with your mouth is, with.... bailout bonds!

Bailout Bonds? - Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. - Mises Institute

Introducing a way for those that support welfare for the well connected to usurp even more money out of us directly. Since 1913, this funding has been going on indirectly through the Federal Reserve, but now, you can participate giving failed banks your hard earned money! I expect Truthmatters to devote a chunk of her income towards this as she seems to be such an ardent supporter of giving wealthy people welfare, as her other thread indicates.

Honestly, I wish they would've had this at the beginning... instead of, like fascists, forcing us to bail incompetent people out... those stupid among us could be given the option to bail out the incompetent. Better yet, why can't we just let them fail?

Last edited:
I'll start investing in those as soon as the come out with the overspending on the military and mistaken war bonds, the support Paris Hilton tax free inheritance bonds, and the Medicare and SS super rich giveaway bonds.

I'll start investing in those as soon as the come out with the overspending on the military and mistaken war bonds, the support Paris Hilton tax free inheritance bonds, and the Medicare and SS super rich giveaway bonds.

What about the I fail to balance a budget bonds?

Or wait.... we already have treasury bills.

I was thinking... since government debt is buying up all the banks toxic assets... wouldn't t-bills essentially be toxic? I wonder when the Chinese will catch on.

notice how the banks got their bailout money quicker than the citizens are supposed to get theirs...obama bailout = same as bush

I'm sure the Mises Institute will begin a full critique of Reagan's military Keynesianism post-haste.

You mean like this....

Rothbard, ""Systematic betrayal was the precise meaning and function of the Reagan administration. So effective was Ronald Reagan as a rhetorician, though not a practitioner, of freedom and small government, that, to this day, most conservatives have still not cottoned on to the scam of the Reagan administration. For the 'Reagan Revolution' was precisely a taking of the revolutionary, free-market, and small government spirit of the 1970s, and the other anti- government vote of 1980, and turning it into its opposite, without the public or even the activists of that revolution realizing what was going on."

I'm sure the Mises Institute will begin a full critique of Reagan's military Keynesianism post-haste.

You mean like this....

Rothbard, ""Systematic betrayal was the precise meaning and function of the Reagan administration. So effective was Ronald Reagan as a rhetorician, though not a practitioner, of freedom and small government, that, to this day, most conservatives have still not cottoned on to the scam of the Reagan administration. For the 'Reagan Revolution' was precisely a taking of the revolutionary, free-market, and small government spirit of the 1970s, and the other anti- government vote of 1980, and turning it into its opposite, without the public or even the activists of that revolution realizing what was going on."

He did give us those tax cuts and run up the debt about 180%. That was popular.

You mean like this....

Is the entire Mises Institute specifically "an"-cap? Murray Rothbard possessed a unique ability to juggle contradictory labels. Moreover, if we consider his attacks on Friedman, they conflict with the Austrian school's attempts to misappropriate Coase and insights of the Chicago School. Hence, the question is, does he represent a general trend?

There is a lot to the bank issue, lots of opinions, lots of theories, etc. There are, however, some certainties.

1--
They have not cleared out their toxic assets. More right downs are coming.
2--
The government (across many administrations) gave them the benefit of the doubt and they got too big.The top 4 banks are each bigger than many whole economies right now.
3--
The banks abused their trust and succumbed to a level of greed almost unheard of within a society that abhores inequality but has increasingly given in to a culture of "me" since the 60s.
4--
We probably had to bail them out last year. But it was done in such a way as to deny that they had gone off the rails. Fed/Treas is still doing it.
5--
Personal opinion: we should nationalize them (the big banks), break them up, and sell them back to the private sector and quit trying to take on such a huge problem as if we can do it without taking responsibility or experiencing risk.

Forum List

Back