If you said you'd move, or kill yourself if SSM became law, God's holding you to it as per...

SSM is the law. Houses of worship don't have to give the vows but Gays must be treated as equals and not be discriminated against because they are getting married or already married. They can't be hindered from getting married, and will have the same rights as any other married couple.

Rick Scarborough, a Baptist pastor and Christian political activist, has said he would be willing to be burned to death in his fight against gay rights.

So what's stopping you Rick? Get a can of gas, tie yourself to a stake, douse yourself, and go out Vietnamese monk style. Put your money where your mouth is.

Marriage of a man and women necessary to raise if a family basically rejected single men or women being allowed to raise a child, regardless of the death of a spouse, divorce or never married.
Most children grow up in a home that was at one time broken.
A single man or a single woman should be allowed to raise a child, so should those of a same sex marriage.
Marriage is not just about children. Marriage is contract to share your life with another person that you are in love with. Your own children, surrogate children or adopted child, if there is love it should not matter how the family is make up.
Sex is not just about producing children, it a required part of the bond between two people.
Love and commitment should be the only requirement between two consenting adults that want to marry.

Apart from an islamic country, where are people going to go if they want to get away from gay marriage? It is being accepted more and more around the world. Gays have lived and worked even at the south pole. It is not just people that can be gay but penguins as well.
Birds do it, bees do it, I don't know particularly about fleas but many insects do it.................... it is nature, god's created nature.

List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Get over it, love and sex are not limited to procreation in man or nature. Even gay black swans mate for life.
God and his wondrous design and wisdom, if you believe, or just call it the wonder of nature.

Sex outside of marriage is wrong? Sex within the marriage is permitted?
Gays have the right to marry the one they love........and have sex with their wife/husband, and even raise a family.
Families are not just for those with their parent's DNA. Families can be one parent or two moms or two dads as well.
Love is love. Love is good. Love is what Jesus preached. A loving god loves all his/her/it's children unconditionally.

Why can't people learn to do the same?

SSM is the law. Houses of worship don't have to give the vows but Gays must be treated as equals and not be discriminated against because they are getting married or already married. They can't be hindered from getting married, and will have the same rights as any other married couple.

That does not mean I have to attend any SSM I might be invited to. I would never assist (in any way) a same-sex couple getting married.

Just because they're legal doesn't mean we have to accept them.

That does not mean I have to attend any SSM I might be invited to. I would never assist (in any way) a same-sex couple getting married.

Just because they're legal doesn't mean we have to accept them.

Why would any one want to invite someone hateful to their wedding?
Businesses cannot discriminate. Just because your are invited does not mean you can't turn the invitation down.
Hiring someone is not an invitation, it paying for a service, not their bigoted opinion.

Businesses cannot discriminate. Just because your are invited does not mean you can't turn the invitation down.
Hiring someone is not an invitation, it paying for a service, not their bigoted opinion.

I get invited to about 3 weddings a year, thank you very much.

I would close any business I own or quit any job I had that requested, never mind required me to assist a same-sex wedding

I get invited to about 3 weddings a year, thank you very much.

I would close any business I own or quit any job I had that requested, never mind required me to assist a same-sex wedding

Islamic countries are not open arms for christians, but they hate gays even more than you do. I'm sure you can find a bargain ticket.

America is a melting pot, where she should learn to be tolerant of those like carbon copies of ourselves. You are entitled to your opinion but not do discriminate. All people regardless of sex/sexual orientation, race, religion have the same rights. Our diversity is part of our strength as a nation, not our prejudices.

Islamic countries are not open arms for christians, but they hate gays even more than you do. I'm sure you can find a bargain ticket.

America is a melting pot, where she should learn to be tolerant of those like carbon copies of ourselves. You are entitled to your opinion but not do discriminate. All people regardless of sex/sexual orientation, race, religion have the same rights. Our diversity is part of our strength as a nation, not our prejudices.

I can get the ticket. What I can't get there is citizenship. When I leave it will be to renounce my US Citizenship and all connection to this country. That's not an easy thing for a middle income average citizen.

Diversity is wonderful so long as there is a core of common thinking and everyone ultimately rowing in the same direction. We don't have that in this country anymore.

I can get the ticket. What I can't get there is citizenship. When I leave it will be to renounce my US Citizenship and all connection to this country. That's not an easy thing for a middle income average citizen.

Diversity is wonderful so long as there is a core of common thinking and everyone ultimately rowing in the same direction. We don't have that in this country anymore.

do you have any idea how hard it was for the founding fathers to agree on anything?
Conformity was not the corner stone of america.

do you have any idea how hard it was for the founding fathers to agree on anything? Conformity was not the corner stone of america.

Conformity is the core of ANY successful relationship/organization. Always has been and always will be. The lack of conformity among those founders is a large part of what has doomed this country.

do you have any idea how hard it was for the founding fathers to agree on anything? Conformity was not the corner stone of america.

Conformity is the core of ANY successful relationship/organization. Always has been and always will be. The lack of conformity among those founders is a large part of what has doomed this country.

America is not a white sheet, it is a colorful beautiful patchwork quilt

our commonality is as americans, equal under the law

To their credit, Fox made that point yesterday. Decision affects government only, not religious institutions.

America is not a white sheet, it is a colorful beautiful patchwork quilt

Yes it us on the outside, and that's great. My problem is that was too many people in this nation bleed 'white, green and red' or 'black, green and red' or some other nation's combination of colors rather than the Red, White and Blue of the Star Spangled Banner.

Forum List

Back