If You Like Your School Lunch, You Can Keep It

Your not listening. Get off your knees. HSAs barely made the cut and it was not by design.

Here's the ACA defining a key aspect of benefit design (which is what we're talking about with these kinds of plans, cost-sharing) for health insurance in the U.S. in 42 U.S. Code § 18022 - Essential health benefits requirements:
The cost-sharing incurred under a health plan with respect to self-only coverage or coverage other than self-only coverage for a plan year beginning in 2014 shall not exceed the dollar amounts in effect under section 223(c)(2)(A)(ii) of title 26 for self-only and family coverage, respectively, for taxable years beginning in 2014.

Hey, what's this Section 223 of the IRS Code they're using to define all health insurance plans in the U.S. all about? My goodness, it's 26 U.S. Code § 223 - Health savings accounts.

How bizarre! Accidentally tagging benefit design for ACA-compliant plans to the section of U.S. law on HSAs and the HDHPs that can be paired with them. Someone should tell them they made the standards for HSAs the standards for all health insurance. Because they certainly couldn't have done that by design!

What a happy accident that a fifth of all exchange plans ended up being HSA compatible.
Your are VERY VERY VERY CONFUSED. We were talking about the 60/40 split for employer vs employee contributions. WRT the split the HSAs barely made the test, when compared with the bronze non-hsa plan rules, so they didn't kill hsa's yet. In part because most corporations keep getting exempted.

The stuff you are citing is the ACA rules for maximum deduction. IOW if an HSA plan wanted to let you have a higher deductible for less premium cost, IT CAN'T BECAUSE THE ACA LAWS LIMIT HSA MAXIMUM DEDUCTION TO 5K SINGLE AND 10K FAMILY.

Nice try. But proving I'm right is not the same as proving I'm wrong. The reason HSAs made sense was you get a discount for taking the higher deductible. With govco mandating what that deductible is and what you have to fund that is not covered by the employee... they will be eliminating not just HSAs but all employer funded insurance plans through regulatory forced increases in cost of premiums.

Actually, schools should hire teams of nutritionists to make sure everyone's dietary needs are met.

What????

Are you disagreeing with the Liberal/Progressive 'one size fits all' philosophy????

Didn't think ya' had in ya.'
Not to mention, I bet that story is false.

Here's next weeks menu and it isn't as skimpy as your article is pretending.

Chickasha Public Schools - Menu Lunch

There is an actual photo of the food in the article.

Think it was photoshopped?
yes, there's a photo of the food.

of course, we don't know what might have been added. we don't know how that lunch room operates.
we do know this from the article
“It’s the student’s choice of what they want to take.”
if that's the lunch she chose, she has no sympathy from me.

I love it when I force you to lie to defend Leftism.

The sentence you quote is unrelated to the lunch provided.

Both the student and mother were complaining about what was offered.
no, it's not.
and they can both complain, that's fine.
if she picked it though, picked it from more robust alternatives, that's her own damn fault. the fact is we don't know if she did or not. i'm guessing she did, or else she wouldn't be the only one complaining.

"the fact is we don't know if she did or not."

Yeah, we know.

And we know you're a lying moron.
The menu I linked to didn't include anything remotely like the picture. And when did schools start serving meals in styrofoam containers?

Actually, schools should hire teams of nutritionists to make sure everyone's dietary needs are met.

What????

Are you disagreeing with the Liberal/Progressive 'one size fits all' philosophy????

I'm all for spending money to make our kids healthy.

I'm all for parents spending money to make their kids healthy.
but government money should only be spent to make kids fat in your opinion, right?

What????

There is an actual photo of the food in the article.

Think it was photoshopped?
yes, there's a photo of the food.

of course, we don't know what might have been added. we don't know how that lunch room operates.
we do know this from the article
“It’s the student’s choice of what they want to take.”
if that's the lunch she chose, she has no sympathy from me.

I love it when I force you to lie to defend Leftism.

The sentence you quote is unrelated to the lunch provided.

Both the student and mother were complaining about what was offered.
no, it's not.
and they can both complain, that's fine.
if she picked it though, picked it from more robust alternatives, that's her own damn fault. the fact is we don't know if she did or not. i'm guessing she did, or else she wouldn't be the only one complaining.

"the fact is we don't know if she did or not."

Yeah, we know.

And we know you're a lying moron.
The menu I linked to didn't include anything remotely like the picture. And when did schools start serving meals in styrofoam containers?

Funny ....last night I spoke to a neighbor whose son goes to public high school. I hadn't mentioned this subject....but she told me that he was unhappy with the school lunch that he HAD to take. He tried to take one item, and the worker took his tray and insisted he must take several items....leaving almost no room for the one that he wanted.

More:

"1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obama’s standards"
1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obama s standards - Washington Times

"No Appetite for Good-for-You School Lunches"
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/06/n...ce-student-rejection.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Now, obviously every thing I've posted is correct....
...why are you going out of your way to support this failed policy of a failed administration?

Lookin' for a little honesty here.

What????

but government money should only be spent to make kids fat in your opinion, right?

I notice that high on the list of attempts from the Leftist playbook is to pretend I've said something that I haven't.

Still hoping that you come to your senses.

What????

I notice that high on the list of attempts from the Leftist playbook is to pretend I've said something that I haven't.

Still hoping that you come to your senses.
so what is the problem with healthy standards?

Nanny/Police Staters. They're running the show. Big Brother knows what's best for ya. And if you believe otherwise, there's a nice comfortable cage awaiting you at GITMO.

Private Schooling and Home Schooling is the logical way forward. Our Public School System has been hijacked by Communist Nanny/Police Staters. If you don't wanna go along, they'll force you to by way of intimidation & force. Freedom is their biggest enemy. It's all about control. They wanna indoctrinate and control you and your children.

It's the reason you so often see Communists/Progressives viciously attacking Home Schooling. They can't stand the idea of an alternative to Government-run Schooling. My advice to Parents is to seriously consider Private Schooling and Home Schooling. Don't send your kids into the Public School quagmire.

Private Schooling and Home Schooling is the logical way forward. Our Public Schools have been hijacked by Communist Nanny/Police Staters. If you don't wanna go along, they'll force you to by way of intimidation & force. Freedom is their biggest enemy. It's all about control. They wanna indoctrinate and control you and your children. It's why they're attacking Home Schooling so much. They can't stand the idea of an alternative to Government-run Schooling. My advice to Parents is to seriously consider Private Schooling and Home Schooling. Don't send your kids into the Public School quagmire.
paranoid much?

Private Schooling and Home Schooling is the logical way forward. Our Public School System has been hijacked by Communist Nanny/Police Staters. If you don't wanna go along, they'll force you to by way of intimidation & force. Freedom is their biggest enemy. It's all about control. They wanna indoctrinate and control you and your children.

It's the reason you so often see Communists/Progressives viciously attacking Home Schooling. They can't stand the idea of an alternative to Government-run Schooling. My advice to Parents is to seriously consider Private Schooling and Home Schooling. Don't send your kids into the Public School quagmire.
The gov't has always been in control of public schools.

Since they were born.

Idiot.

Private Schooling and Home Schooling is the logical way forward. Our Public Schools have been hijacked by Communist Nanny/Police Staters. If you don't wanna go along, they'll force you to by way of intimidation & force. Freedom is their biggest enemy. It's all about control. They wanna indoctrinate and control you and your children. It's why they're attacking Home Schooling so much. They can't stand the idea of an alternative to Government-run Schooling. My advice to Parents is to seriously consider Private Schooling and Home Schooling. Don't send your kids into the Public School quagmire.
paranoid much?

It's not paranoia, it's just the reality. Communists/Progressives can't fathom the idea of alternatives to Government-run Schooling. That's why they're always viciously attacking Home Schoolers. Freedom is their worst enemy. It is what it is.

What????

Government school lunches didn't make kids fat several decades back. Obviously, lifestyle is a more significant contributor.

'A Parent should be arrested and prosecuted for sending their child to school with a bag of chips. The child should then be removed from the home and raised by the State. It's attempted murder dammit! They should be locked up!'

Sounds loony, huh? Well don't laugh it off so quickly. Most of the Communist/Progressive kooks on this Board truly believe in that. Just look at Great Britain for example. Their Communists are actually having Parents imprisoned for their children being deemed 'Obese' by the State, So don't think for a minute American Communists won't go that route too. It's time for Americans to seriously consider Private Schooling and Home Schooling.

What????

Government school lunches didn't make kids fat several decades back. Obviously, lifestyle is a more significant contributor.
probably. but then the government doesn't control lifestyle.

'A Parent should be arrested and prosecuted for sending their child to school with a bag of chips. The child should then be removed from the home and raised by the State. It's attempted murder dammit! They should be locked up!'

Sounds loony, huh? Well don't laugh it off so quickly. Most of the Communist/Progressive kooks on this Board truly believe in that. Just look at Great Britain for example. Their Communists are actually having Parents imprisoned for their children being deemed 'Obese' by the State, So don't think for a minute American Communists won't go that route too. It's time for Americans to seriously consider Private Schooling and Home Schooling.
i know it's the fall, but how many straw men do you need?

i know it's the fall, but how many straw men do you need?

Well, it is happening in Great Britain. Their Communists are bleepin nuts. So i see no reason why American Communists won't go the same route. Can't just have Parents goin around feeding their children potato chips, now can we? It's attempted murder for God's sake. They should be arrested.

It really isn't as far-fetched as you may believe.

What????

probably. but then the government doesn't control lifestyle.

It follows, then, that attempts to control what kids eat for lunch at school probably won't have a very great impact on childhood obesity. Like many things coming out of Washington, the biggest impact this would have is to allow some people to feel good about themselves.

Forum List

Back