If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life...

Would you support an assault weapons ban if you KNEW it would save a child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • I would think about it.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
If you knew that abolishing all fatty food would save a single child's life would you go down that road? If you knew that shutting down Hollywood's violent movie industry would save a single child's life would you do it? If you knew that torturing a pedophile would save a single child's life would you vote for it?

If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.

No. For the simple fact that assault weapons were already banned once. It didn't help then and it won't help now. Only a naive fool would think otherwise.

Yes, yes, the moon is actually made of rock, but IF it were made of green cheese . . . just pretend for a second that reality doesn't exist and that foolish leftist daydreams have replaced it. :lol:

I would rather take my chances not facing a gun. But then I am not the bad muttafukers that the gun nuts on here are. These guys chew gunpowder and spit 9mm rounds at a steady rate of fire. Bad dudes.

That is what you people do not grasp. The bad Motherfuckers will have guns with or with out bans on them. The only people Gun bans will stop from getting guns, are people who as of yet at least have not broken the law.

You know what dude. If I walk up to you with my weapon drawn and ready to fire, like a criminal would, I don't care how many guns you have on you, in your car or in your house. You could have 50 AR15's with 90 round magazines. And if I have the drop on you like that, you haven't got a chance.

And btw, I listend to the Presidents speech. He did not say anything about banning all guns. Matter of fact he said just the opposite. Watch somewhere and learn something.

I guess you never heard of the "2 second" rule, huh? That rule states that if someone points a weapon at you and doesn't pull the trigger within the first 2 seconds, chances are he's not going to. That said, if you have your weapon drawn and ready to fire, and are walking up to me, you'll never get there. BANG - YOU'RE DEAD.

That is what you people do not grasp. The bad Motherfuckers will have guns with or with out bans on them. The only people Gun bans will stop from getting guns, are people who as of yet at least have not broken the law.

You know what dude. If I walk up to you with my weapon drawn and ready to fire, like a criminal would, I don't care how many guns you have on you, in your car or in your house. You could have 50 AR15's with 90 round magazines. And if I have the drop on you like that, you haven't got a chance.

And btw, I listend to the Presidents speech. He did not say anything about banning all guns. Matter of fact he said just the opposite. Watch somewhere and learn something.

I guess you never heard of the "2 second" rule, huh? That rule states that if someone points a weapon at you and doesn't pull the trigger within the first 2 seconds, chances are he's not going to. That said, if you have your weapon drawn and ready to fire, and are walking up to me, you'll never get there. BANG - YOU'RE DEAD.

lol. They dont get it.
If you draw your weapon you should be firing. If you are just pointing you are likely already shot.

This is possibly the dumbest thing every posted in this forum.. and THAT is saying something

If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.

It's not the gun that kills--it's the person who pulls the trigger that kills. There are millions of assault weapons that have already been legally sold to law abiding citizens in this country.

The better way to protect innocents is do like the MILITARY DOES. MANDATE that weapons and ammo are to be locked in a bomb proof gun safe--when they are not in use. MANDATE--that the only person that can have access to that gun is ONLY the registered owner of the gun. MANDATE that the registered owner cannot give or sell to another person and that the gun has to be delivered too and sold by a registered--licensed gun dealer. MANDATE that gun owners are solely responsible for guns they own. That should their guns be stolen or other and ends up doing harm to others that they are liable for the carnage.

The PROBLEM we have is a lot of gun owners whom are irresponsible with gun/ammo storage and safety. Their kids or other family members who may be mentally deranged have access to guns of the legal owner. The other PROBLEM is--there is no background check for mental derangement prior to selling the gun--that needs to happen immediately.

Then if you REALLY want to put a dent into the sale of assault type weapons--you don't need to ban them--make the owner purchase a multi-million dollar liability policy on the assault weapon--and that should take some of the fascination out of these type weapons--as they suddenly become much more expensive. Plus the insurance company will do a mega background check on the owner before they would ever issue such a policy--in the first place.

In that way--the government avoids infringing on the 2nd amendment.

Last edited:

This is possibly the dumbest thing every posted in this forum.. and THAT is saying something

That's your opinion. Your problem is that just because you think it that doesn't make it so.

Banning a lot of things would save one child's life. Banning cars would save many children's lives.

rule of thumb...

If you draw your weapon in self defense it is to be fired. If you draw it and wait, you have just likely written your death sentence.

Bottom line is this...responsible gun use....when in a situation...DO NOT DRAW YOUR WEAPON UNLESS YOUR INTENTION IS TO FIRE IMMEDIATELY.....for the one you drew it against, even if the initial agressor, will act in self defense and fire at you immediately.

That's your opinion. Your problem is that just because you think it that doesn't make it so.

Yeah.. coming my time as a military vet who also grew up in a law enforcement household would not know ANYTHING about armed confrontation :rolleyes:

This 2 second rule is about as dumb as it gets

DD is not one who believes his way is always the right way.

Yeah.. coming my time as a military vet who also grew up in a law enforcement household would not know ANYTHING about armed confrontation :rolleyes:

This 2 second rule is about as dumb as it gets

Dave....we were taught by the same rulebook....

If you feel threatened by an armed individual...if you draw your gun and hesitate, you are likely dead.

I am to choose between the life of one person versus the potential liberty of all in the future? Is that the question?

Yes. You are being asked to decide public policy for hundreds of millions of people, not to mention their most basic civil rights, based on a hypothetical assumption about one hypothetical individual.

and I doubt than any of you own or will ever own an assault rifle....really

Wanna come and find out?

You have no idea what others here may own and how proficient we may be in their use.

You might be surprised to find that some of us own weapons your feeble mind might think are against the law, or are completely inappropriate for private ownership.

I'm pretty sure that, deep down, he considers ALL weapons to be completely inappropriate for private ownership.

You almost gotta laugh at the juvenile arguments the radical left promotes in it's non-stop effort to undermine just about every one of the 1st ten Amendments. One day they tell us that Limbaugh and free speech caused the Tucson shooting and the next thing you know they infringe on the privacy of the families of the Sandy Hook victims to make a crazy political point. Now it's a stupid multiple choice about giving up constitutional rights in exchange for a fictional child's life.

Forum List

Back