If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life...

Would you support an assault weapons ban if you KNEW it would save a child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • I would think about it.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.

If I KNEW that getting rid of ALL my weapons would save one child's life, even if I didn't know that child, I would throw them all in the deepest ocean.

But that's actually the opposite of what I DO know. Which is that NONE of my guns will EVER hurt a child.
...unless one somehow gets into the hands of a criminal that wants to kill a child. I am sure the mother of the Sandy Hook shooter thought the same thing before her deranged son killed her and used her guns to blow away innocent children.

Now there you are, thinking I'm in favor of a full ban on firearms. NEVER! I just wanted to point out one flaw in your stated claim that NONE would EVER... What you meant to say was that YOU will NEVER harm a child with your weapons. This too has the possibility of becoming a lie because you may someday go berserk and kill your whole family and go looking for the neighbor's children.

The point is, the guns just don't jump up and go kill children. The killing is done by the twisted person holding it.

We need to ban twisted people....not guns!

Great post A.

Yup. Lets start executing all the mentally ill and any criminal who has used a gun while committing a crime. That oughta work.

Guns don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people. Simple really. You just have to have the brains to understand that little fact.

Banning guns won't mean no other child will ever die. Guns are available on the blackmarket all across this country. Criminals know exactly where and how to get em.

Another kneejerk reaction by idiots.

Last edited:
If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.
My simple answer is the same as your simple answer to this simple question:

If you knew that killing all black men would save one child's life, would you support doing so?

Please advise with your response and I will add it to the poll.

If I KNEW that getting rid of ALL my weapons would save one child's life, even if I didn't know that child, I would throw them all in the deepest ocean.

But that's actually the opposite of what I DO know. Which is that NONE of my guns will EVER hurt a child.
...unless one somehow gets into the hands of a criminal that wants to kill a child. I am sure the mother of the Sandy Hook shooter thought the same thing before her deranged son killed her and used her guns to blow away innocent children.

Now there you are, thinking I'm in favor of a full ban on firearms. NEVER! I just wanted to point out one flaw in your stated claim that NONE would EVER... What you meant to say was that YOU will NEVER harm a child with your weapons. This too has the possibility of becoming a lie because you may someday go berserk and kill your whole family and go looking for the neighbor's children.

The point is, the guns just don't jump up and go kill children. The killing is done by the twisted person holding it.

Great post A.

Yup. Lets start executing all the mentally ill and any criminal who has used a gun while committing a crime. That oughta work.

Guns don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people. Simple really. You just have to have the brains to understand that little fact.

Banning guns won't mean no other child will ever die. Guns are available on the blackmarket all across this country. Criminals know exactly where and how to get em.

That's not what I said. Besides, if we executed all the mentally ill, there would be no liberals to entertain us with their antics.

What I really believe about guns and violence is that if responsible adults were REQUIRED to be trained and to carry handguns everywhere they went, there would be LESS gun violence, fewer gun crimes and safer environments for everyone. When those twisted people show up shooting, they get killed right away...buried in an unmarked grave the next day.

What we do is glorify the killers with full page photos and stories of their lives. We make them famous. You are more likely to remember the name of the shooter than any one of his victims...because the news media craves opportunities to mention them...and HOW MANY he killed.

Great post A.

Simple fuking minded is what that comment is. What easier method will a person use to kill large numbers of people, if they don't have a semi auto rifle with 30 round magazines?
Or hand guns with extended clips?

How many recent mass murders occured with a ball bat? how about a knife? a car? poison? Come on this should be easy. You know, people kill, not guns.

People kill with guns because it is easy. The better the gun is at killing, the more people will die per incident. The better the gun is at killing, the more people want it. Why in the fuk you think the gun nutters are hysterical about losing their precious assault weapons.
They know what they are intended for and somehow think they will be called on to use them against other Americans. You know, the second amendment remedy they talk about.

Use whatever common sense you may have left and figure it out That bull shit that you said above is just that. Bull shit.

Guns kill people and crazy people with guns kill lots of people. Most of whom they never even knew. Random mass killings. And you think its just a price to pay I take it. Bull shit.

I am to choose between the life of one person versus the potential liberty of all in the future? Is that the question?

and I doubt than any of you own or will ever own an assault rifle....really

Wanna come and find out?

You have no idea what others here may own and how proficient we may be in their use.

You might be surprised to find that some of us own weapons your feeble mind might think are against the law, or are completely inappropriate for private ownership.

Simple fuking minded is what that comment is. What easier method will a person use to kill large numbers of people, if they don't have a semi auto rifle with 30 round magazines?
Sorry to interrupt your unthinking, reactionary rant.

Fact of the matter is that neither of these weapons will kill anyone unless a person chooses to use them in such a manner.
You can try to deny that fact, but you will fail to do so soundly - every time.

"People sometimes use guns to kill people" does not mean the same thing as "guns kill people".
You can try to deny THAT fact, but you will fail to do so soundly - every time.

You may now continue with your unthinking, reactionary rant.

>

First of all there would need to be a reasonable definition of what "assault weapon" means before this question can be answered. And no "looks scary" <> "assault weapon".

>>>>

Fact of the matter is that neither of these weapons will kill anyone unless a person chooses to use them in such a manner.

"People sometimes use guns to kill people" does not mean the same thing as "guns kill people".

The only issue I have with that line of reasoning is that nukes don't kill people either. No nuclear weapon is ever gonna decide on its own to detonate.

Common sense says we have to meet somewhere in the middle on this issue. NO ONE wants people private citizens owning nukes, but if our reasoning is "guns don't kill people" then it stands true that nukes don't kill people either.

Those who think that banning assault weapons is going to stop senseless murders are nuts. Nothing will prevent people from senselessly killing other people.

On the other hand those who don't acknowledge that guns are entirely too easy to get in this country are just as crazy. There are a bunch of fucking retards running around out there who have no business owning a gun. Second amendment be damned.

I could support an assault weapons ban even without the saving of a child's life.

HOWEVER

People have died to defend our rights before and people will certainly die to protect those rights again in the future. Someday, it may be my turn, some day it may be yours and someday it may be the turn of one of our children (God forbid). But if that day comes, I'm not going to disreagard the sacrifices that others have made before me. I'm not going to say it was fine for THEM to die for our freedoms but not me or someone I love.

You don't protect the United States of America by transforming it into North Korea.

MHO

People like our OP are completely fucked in the head. They should need to acquire a license to be in public and be banned from large crowded areas.

OK ALL YOU FUKING GUN NUTS LAY DOWN YOUR WEAPONS. ANd you Crazies. And you criminals. You depressed. You sociopaths. You mentally unstable young men.

That's all you got to do to stop the senseless mass killings and the more mundane everyday killings.

Right m14. Just lay them guns down and presto bingo, no more killing. Cause guns don't kill. Especially when they are just laying there.

How you think that will work out for a safety program m14. Think everyone will just leave those guns alone?

Good god, its almost as simple minded as the other idea of; Guns don't kill. People with guns kill.

The only issue I have with that line of reasoning is that nukes don't kill people either. No nuclear weapon is ever gonna decide on its own to detonate.

Common sense says we have to meet somewhere in the middle on this issue. NO ONE wants people private citizens owning nukes, but if our reasoning is "guns don't kill people" then it stands true that nukes don't kill people either.

Those who think that banning assault weapons is going to stop senseless murders are nuts. Nothing will prevent people from senselessly killing other people.

On the other hand those who don't acknowledge that guns are entirely too easy to get in this country are just as crazy. There are a bunch of fucking retards running around out there who have no business owning a gun. Second amendment be damned.

No we don't have to meet in the middle.

Do you honestly think banning certain guns will save lives?

Here's a hint:

IT WON'T!

The AWB of 1994 proved it.

Great post A.

That's not what I said. Besides, if we executed all the mentally ill, there would be no liberals to entertain us with their antics.

What I really believe about guns and violence is that if responsible adults were REQUIRED to be trained and to carry handguns everywhere they went, there would be LESS gun violence, fewer gun crimes and safer environments for everyone. When those twisted people show up shooting, they get killed right away...buried in an unmarked grave the next day.

What we do is glorify the killers with full page photos and stories of their lives. We make them famous. You are more likely to remember the name of the shooter than any one of his victims...because the news media craves opportunities to mention them...and HOW MANY he killed.

I know thats not what you meant. I was being facetious.

Of course no one will execute the mentally ill or all criminals who use a gun during a crime. Hell. They have a hard time executing anyone in this country. Takes decades.

I also agree about the media. The one doing the shooting is the only one anyone remembers. Bonnie and Clyde comes to mind. We are all familiar with those two but I doubt anyone can name one of their victims.

I also agree that if eveyone were armed and trained in the use of handguns crime would take a nosedive. No one want to rob or murder you if they know you have a gun and are trained to use it. Makes then think and rethink their course of action.

By your logic we could stop all murder and death by simply deciding people need to stay in their homes, and not move about at all.

I guarantee lives would be saved.

So, just where will you draw the line when it comes to trading our rights, for security?

Forum List

Back