Obama's speech. A mixed bag imo but not what many feared

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I didn't appreciate the play on emotions in the least. I think it detracts from using logic.

Basically I heard him rail on three things I take issue with. Assault weapons ban will not prevent gun crimes. Only what type of gun is used.

I'm up in the air about clip size so I won't comment on that.

As to assigning the cdc to study the effects of violent video games on children I say: get a clue man. Violent games are already restricted from youths at the retailer level. They are rated M and come with clear warnings on the front of the packages. The problem isn't the game ITS THE PARENT. Banning such material isn't the answer. Perhaps putting teeth behind the restriction of M rated games is but that isn't what he suggested.

He also suggested we hire more police. Great. That's a great idea but there is one HUGE problem with this line of thinking. Police are mostly reactionary not proactive.

I'm also VERY disappointed he didn't even mention the option of ANY TYPE of school security. NOTHING. If this is about protecting our children why the hell would that not be topic number one? Metal detectors, armed guards, wrapons locked up on site.....NOTHING

And as to his executive orders... What the hell were they? He didn't elaborate at all.

I'm also VERY disappointed he didn't even mention the option of ANY TYPE of school security. NOTHING. If this is about protecting our children why the hell would that not be topic number one? Metal detectors, armed guards, wrapons locked up on site.....NOTHING

Hope you're not surprised about this. There's nothing like dead kids to use in you're interested in trying to take guns away from everyone regardless of whether the setting is school, mall or home.

I didn't appreciate the play on emotions in the least. I think it detracts from using logic.

Basically I heard him rail on three things I take issue with. Assault weapons ban will not prevent gun crimes. Only what type of gun is used.

As to assigning the cdc to study the effects of violent video games on children I say: get a clue man. Violent games are already restricted from youths at the retailer level. They are rated M and come with clear warnings on the front of the packages. The problem isn't the game ITS THE PARENT. Banning such material isn't the answer. Perhaps putting teeth behind the restriction of M rated games is but that isn't what he suggested.

He also suggested we hire more police. Great. That's a great idea but there is one HUGE problem with this line of thinking. Police are mostly reactionary not proactive.

And as to his executive orders... What the hell were they? He didn't elaborate at all.

His little rant will be replayed a million times over. Listen carefully. It did nothing more than slap congress around.

So all the idiots who guzzled the piss, yet again, from their puppeteers will finally wake up and realize they need to fact check things for themselves instead of being the biggest pack of gullible rubes in the history of America. There is no violation of the Constitution planned in the EOs. No one is coming to your houses to take your guns. It was all one gigantic propaganda lie told big and loud and repeatedly.

Oh, wait. What am I saying? There must be something in this Pepsi. I thought for a second there the retards would learn something from this experience. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Now they have completely shot their integrity and have no firm ground upon which to stand to defend the Second Amendment right when we most need to.

Well played, you fucking idiots!

So all the idiots who guzzled the piss, yet again, from their puppeteers will finally wake up and realize they need to fact check things for themselves instead of being the biggest pack of gullible rubes in the history of America. There is no violation of the Constitution planned in the EOs. No one is coming to your houses to take your guns. It was all one gigantic propaganda lie told big and loud and repeatedly.

Oh, wait. What am I saying? There must be something in this Pepsi. I thought for a second there the retards would learn something from this experience. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Now they have completely shot their integrity and have no firm ground upon which to stand to defend the Second Amendment right when we most need to.

Sure there is. The Federal government has no authority over gun rights.

Check the Tenth Amendment.

And as to his executive orders... What the hell were they? He didn't elaborate at all.[/QUOTE]

List of executive actions Obama plans to take as part of anti-gun violence plan | Fox News

Sorry, but after making asses of themselves over their wild imaginings about Constitutional law and EOs, the right wing doesn't have a shred of authority on the Constitution left. Through their mindless minions, they have proven themselves to be completely ignorant of the Constitution.

Last edited:

Play it up all you want to, but when the left threatens the 2nd Amendment, we react. The left has to be fought tooth and nail over everything because they want to whittle away at it over time. No, no one is coming for my guns...........today.

You like to borrow a page from the left's playbook and turn it into something else. that's your right I suppose but thank God for the people you ridicule, they are the reason we can still have guns.

Sorry, but after making asses of themselves over their wild imaginings about Constitutional law and EOs, the right wing doesn't have a shred of authority on the Constitution left. They have proved themselves completely ignorant of the Constitution.

And those arguing that the second amendment was intended to ensure people could revolt if they wanted to ... prize clowns.

But you've hit a very important point imho. Flinging wild haymakers in an effort to gin up fear (and NRA donations) has cost them dearly. Today's far right is a perfect example of the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Sorry, but after making asses of themselves over their wild imaginings about Constitutional law and EOs, the right wing doesn't have a shred of authority on the Constitution left. They have proved themselves completely ignorant of the Constitution.

And those arguing that the second amendment was intended to ensure people could revolt if they wanted to ... prize clowns.

But you've hit a very important point imho. Flinging wild haymakers in an effort to gin up fear (and NRA donations) has cost them dearly. Today's far right is a perfect example of the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Cost who dearly? And what was the cost?

Left wing radical pro gun control madmen were even screaming "confiscate". All that happened was gun owners pushed back.

Pro gun control nuts were out in full force dancing on the graves of the Newtown victims to advance their anti gun agenda.

Just check out the Drudge lead headlines. No security for schools. None.:lol:

Obama using gun issue to advance health law...
Presses doctors to ask patients about guns in home...
'Health care providers' to offer gun safety tips...
At least $4.5 billion in new spending...
Ignores violent movies, video games...

images

WAR ON CRAZY: OBAMA DEPUTIZES DOCTORS

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Last edited:
Wouldn't those of you on the left have included the topic of school security in this discussion?

I am bewildered and don't understand why it was left out.

Sorry, but after making asses of themselves over their wild imaginings about Constitutional law and EOs, the right wing doesn't have a shred of authority on the Constitution left. Through their mindless minions, they have proven themselves to be completely ignorant of the Constitution.

True, both with regard to EOs not violating the Constitution and the comprehensive ignorance of conservatives concerning the Constitution and its case law, whether that ignorance is willful or not.

Saying “The Federal government has no authority over gun rights.” is supremely ignorant; indeed, the statement makes no sense whatsoever. The Federal government is in fact authorized to enact measures regulating firearms within the context of current Second Amendment jurisprudence. Should any citizen believe his Second Amendment rights have been violated, he’s free to file suit in Federal court challenging the allegedly offensive measure. EOs, as with acts of Congress, are presumed Constitutional until a court rules otherwise. See: Ogden v. Saunders (1827).

As for the Tenth Amendment, here conservatives and libertarians exhibit the full measure of their ignorance.

The Amendment does not authorize states to ignore or ‘nullify’ Federal laws or policies. It does not prohibit the Federal government from enacting regulatory policies. And it does not limit the authority of Congress to only that which is ‘in the Constitution,’ as the Constitution affords Congress powers both explicit and implied. See: McCulloch v. Maryland (1819).

As the Court noted concerning the constitutionality of the National Labor Relations Board:

The [Tenth A]mendment states but a truism that all is retained which has not been surrendered. There is nothing in the history of its adoption to suggest that it was more than declaratory of the relationship between the national and state governments as it had been established by the Constitution before the amendment, or that its purpose was other than to allay fears that the new national government might seek to exercise powers not granted, and that the states might not be able to exercise fully their reserved powers.

From the beginning and for many years, the Amendment has been construed as not depriving the national government of authority to resort to all means for the exercise of a granted power which are appropriate and plainly adapted to the permitted end.

United States v. Darby

Forum List

Back