If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life...

Would you support an assault weapons ban if you KNEW it would save a child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • I would think about it.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I am to choose between the life of one person versus the potential liberty of all in the future? Is that the question?

Yes. You are being asked to decide public policy for hundreds of millions of people, not to mention their most basic civil rights, based on a hypothetical assumption about one hypothetical individual.

I thought so. Perhaps the question should have reflected that and stated, "Are you prepared to being subjected to prison or death at the whim of the government or save a kid?"

I prefer a few crazy citizens versus a few crazy political leaders.

Last edited:
This is possibly the dumbest thing every posted in this forum.. and THAT is saying something

That's your opinion. Your problem is that just because you think it that doesn't make it so.

Yeah.. coming my time as a military vet who also grew up in a law enforcement household would not know ANYTHING about armed confrontation :rolleyes:

This 2 second rule is about as dumb as it gets

Look dude, (or dudette, as the case may be), I don't care if you are a military vet because so am I.
I spent 6 years in the US Army with two of those in Vietnam. Now I'm not trying to downplay your time or say either of ours is more impressive or important than the other, so you can just suck that chest back in.

The point being, you seem to want to attack me just because you're ignorant of basic combat tactics. Forget it. You're way out of your league.

You know what dude. If I walk up to you with my weapon drawn and ready to fire, like a criminal would, I don't care how many guns you have on you, in your car or in your house. You could have 50 AR15's with 90 round magazines. And if I have the drop on you like that, you haven't got a chance.

And btw, I listend to the Presidents speech. He did not say anything about banning all guns. Matter of fact he said just the opposite. Watch somewhere and learn something.

I guess you never heard of the "2 second" rule, huh? That rule states that if someone points a weapon at you and doesn't pull the trigger within the first 2 seconds, chances are he's not going to. That said, if you have your weapon drawn and ready to fire, and are walking up to me, you'll never get there. BANG - YOU'RE DEAD.

This is possibly the dumbest thing every posted in this forum.. and THAT is saying something

Simplistic, but he actually has a point. The man who assaulted me on the street when I was 18 took several minutes to get anywhere near me. If he'd had a gun in evidence, he'd never have gotten that close, and if I'd had a gun, it would have been out long before he got there. So unless his goal was to simply kill me instantly from a distance - which is NOT the goal of virtually everyone who might ever confront you with a gun - he would have to have appeared next to me by magic to "get the drop on me", as Zit so colorfully put it.

Anyone else notice that often the loudest gun Opponents, are hard core drug legalization supporters?

Which kills more kids?

guns, why?

Prove it.

if you take into consideration drug deals gone bad; overdoses; and consider drug filled lives as wasted non productive lives and therefore dead, but breathing.....

I would say drugs have killed INFINITELY more people than guns (not including military operations).

That's your opinion. Your problem is that just because you think it that doesn't make it so.

Yeah.. coming my time as a military vet who also grew up in a law enforcement household would not know ANYTHING about armed confrontation :rolleyes:

This 2 second rule is about as dumb as it gets

Look dude, (or dudette, as the case may be), I don't care if you are a military vet because so am I.
I spent 6 years in the US Army with two of those in Vietnam. Now I'm not trying to downplay your time or say either of ours is more impressive or important than the other, so you can just suck that chest back in.

The point being, you seem to want to attack me just because you're ignorant of basic combat tactics. Forget it. You're way out of your league.

thank you BOTH for your service....and whewreas my interaction with you Papawx3 is limited so I can not speak as to your knowledge...., I can assure you that Dave is by no means ignorant of basic combat tactics.

If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.

if you knew murdering a child in cold blood would save the lives of two other children, would you murder that child?

What a fucked up, meaningless, assinine question.

Did you really think you'd get a Leftytoon to answer that?

..or another flip..

If we knew that banning blacks from owning guns would stop much of the vast majority of American gun murders they commit in cold blood, why didn't we do it yesterday?

Yeah yeah you hate black people.

and I doubt than any of you own or will ever own an assault rifle....really
What does that have to do with the question you asked?

I'm curious too. What assault weapons I own have no bearing on my opinion.

I guess you never heard of the "2 second" rule, huh? That rule states that if someone points a weapon at you and doesn't pull the trigger within the first 2 seconds, chances are he's not going to. That said, if you have your weapon drawn and ready to fire, and are walking up to me, you'll never get there. BANG - YOU'RE DEAD.

rule of thumb...

If you draw your weapon in self defense it is to be fired. If you draw it and wait, you have just likely written your death sentence.

Bottom line is this...responsible gun use....when in a situation...DO NOT DRAW YOUR WEAPON UNLESS YOUR INTENTION IS TO FIRE IMMEDIATELY.....for the one you drew it against, even if the initial agressor, will act in self defense and fire at you immediately.

I disagree. You shoot only if you have to.

Sometimes the perp may stop if a gun is pointed at him.

Sorry son. If you point a weapon it is to shoot. Brandishing for the purpose of determent will land you in jail.

No, because it's not the guns fault. Trying to tug on the heart strings with an invalid argument doesn't work.

Guns by themselves do not kill. They have to be used by a PERSON! What would be the point of guns just sitting on the shelf? That is the only way they don't kill.

Kids get ahold of a family member's guns and kill people. All sorts of carelessness and irresponsibility as well as fanatacism about owning guns leads to many deaths!

So he can come back later with a weapon? Rob your neighbor? Drop him and move on.

I take possibly taking enough very seriously.

You use the force needed and not more.

If the perp surrenders at the point of a gun then it's up to the police.

I'm not going to kill someone to stop a potential lawsuit.

Mass shootings might, might, go down. Single occurrences of violence will go up. As will the overall death toll.

PS Government kills more people than any single shooter.

How would a assault weapons ban do that? Yes it would stop assault rifles but it would not stop rifles not classified as assault rifles or handguns or shotguns so all it really does is make one choose a different weapon not really much of a accomplishment given assault rifles are generally not the weapon of choice by killers.

thank you BOTH for your service....and whewreas my interaction with you Papawx3 is limited so I can not speak as to your knowledge...., I can assure you that Dave is by no means ignorant of basic combat tactics.

Me? I was just a kid, fresh out of high school, who answered the call when his country was at war. Of course they didn't call it a war, but that's another discussion. But I did what I was trained to do in the course of "duty". I'm not proud of some of the things I had to do, but neither am I ashamed of them or myself.
Now I'm an old man who's spent his life working for a living, running a business and raising his family. I'm recently retired and am sick and tired of listening to liberals and Communists who take joy in trying to restrict the rights of law-abiding citizens while trying to tell them how to live their lives.
That's who I am. Nothing more, but nothing less.

So he can come back later with a weapon? Rob your neighbor? Drop him and move on.

I take possibly taking enough very seriously.

You use the force needed and not more.

If the perp surrenders at the point of a gun then it's up to the police.

I'm not going to kill someone to stop a potential lawsuit.

My neighbor's and I will survive a lawsuit.

No, because it's not the guns fault. Trying to tug on the heart strings with an invalid argument doesn't work.

Guns by themselves do not kill. They have to be used by a PERSON! What would be the point of guns just sitting on the shelf? That is the only way they don't kill.

Kids get ahold of a family member's guns and kill people. All sorts of carelessness and irresponsibility as well as fanatacism about owning guns leads to many deaths!

All sorts of carelessness and irresponsibility in life leads to more deaths than gun accidents.

Forum List

Back