If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life...

Would you support an assault weapons ban if you KNEW it would save a child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • I would think about it.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
No numbnuts. Nothing simple minded about it at all.

A gun is an inanimate object. It remains inanimate until someone with a killer mindset loads it and decides to pull the trigger.

We have loads of folks in this country with that mindset. If they couldn't get a gun then you can bet a knife, bat or a rock will do the trick.

You can kill loads of folks with either of those. Of course they aren't a gun but the person weilding them has the same killer mindset as the guy with the gun.

Guns DON'T KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

I have to agree. I have a SKS with a 30 round magazine and I keep it locked and loaded all the time. On numerous occasions, I've walked unexpectedly into the room where I keep it and it's always in the exact same place where I keep it. Not once during all the years that I've had it has it ever walked itself outside and fired itself at any object or person - ever. I just have to take for granted that it hasn't done so because it's not able to do so on it's own.
Of course maybe it's just me, so let me ask. Has anyone else ever seen a pistol, rifle or shotgun attack someone all by itself?

So you acknowledge that you yourself are an irresponsible gun owner?

How is that irresponsible?

Great post A.

Yup. Lets start executing all the mentally ill and any criminal who has used a gun while committing a crime. That oughta work.

Guns don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people. Simple really. You just have to have the brains to understand that little fact.

Banning guns won't mean no other child will ever die. Guns are available on the blackmarket all across this country. Criminals know exactly where and how to get em.

Another kneejerk reaction by idiots.

Simple fuking minded is what that comment is. What easier method will a person use to kill large numbers of people, if they don't have a semi auto rifle with 30 round magazines?
Or hand guns with extended clips?

How many recent mass murders occured with a ball bat? how about a knife? a car? poison? Come on this should be easy. You know, people kill, not guns.

People kill with guns because it is easy. The better the gun is at killing, the more people will die per incident. The better the gun is at killing, the more people want it. Why in the fuk you think the gun nutters are hysterical about losing their precious assault weapons.
They know what they are intended for and somehow think they will be called on to use them against other Americans. You know, the second amendment remedy they talk about.

Use whatever common sense you may have left and figure it out That bull shit that you said above is just that. Bull shit.

Guns kill people and crazy people with guns kill lots of people. Most of whom they never even knew. Random mass killings. And you think its just a price to pay I take it. Bull shit.

A gun is an inanimate object. It remains inanimate until someone with a killer mindset loads it and decides to pull the trigger.

We have loads of folks in this country with that mindset. If they couldn't get a gun then you can bet a knife, bat or a rock will do the trick.

You can kill loads of folks with either of those. Of course they aren't a gun but the person weilding them has the same killer mindset as the guy with the gun.

Guns DON'T KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.[/QUOTE]

BLAH BLAH BLAH Bull shit.

Hey go ahead and list the recent mass murders committed with any weapon you choose.....other than a gun.

One thing I know that you don't. If I (or even you) get attacked by someone with a knife, a bat, a crowbar, whatever weapon you want, I've got a chance to survive. Either I can run like hell or I can fight with a chance.

You pull a gun and get ready to shoot me, well lets see, I can't outrun the bullet, If I get hit, it will do serious damage and I just don't have near as much chance of surviving.

But I doubt if you have ever had a gun pulled on you (not much you can do) or been in a serious street fight, which you survived.

I would rather take my chances not facing a gun. But then I am not the bad muttafukers that the gun nuts on here are. These guys chew gunpowder and spit 9mm rounds at a steady rate of fire. Bad dudes.

I would rather take my chances not facing a gun. But then I am not the bad muttafukers that the gun nuts on here are. These guys chew gunpowder and spit 9mm rounds at a steady rate of fire. Bad dudes.

That is what you people do not grasp. The bad Motherfuckers will have guns with or with out bans on them. The only people Gun bans will stop from getting guns, are people who as of yet at least have not broken the law.

If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.

Doctor's have turned a vacuum into a gun. Over 1 million children are killed every year in this country. Making doctors millionaires.

Until pro choice advocates admit to themselves that abortion is murder I can't take you seriously in response to gun laws protecting children.

Sorry to interrupt your unthinking, reactionary rant.

Fact of the matter is that neither of these weapons will kill anyone unless a person chooses to use them in such a manner.
You can try to deny that fact, but you will fail to do so soundly - every time.

"People sometimes use guns to kill people" does not mean the same thing as "guns kill people".
You can try to deny THAT fact, but you will fail to do so soundly - every time.

You may now continue with your unthinking, reactionary rant.

The only issue I have with that line of reasoning is that nukes don't kill people either. No nuclear weapon is ever gonna decide on its own to detonate.

Common sense says we have to meet somewhere in the middle on this issue. NO ONE wants people private citizens owning nukes, but if our reasoning is "guns don't kill people" then it stands true that nukes don't kill people either.

Those who think that banning assault weapons is going to stop senseless murders are nuts. Nothing will prevent people from senselessly killing other people.

On the other hand those who don't acknowledge that guns are entirely too easy to get in this country are just as crazy. There are a bunch of fucking retards running around out there who have no business owning a gun. Second amendment be damned.

COMMON SENSE?? That went out the window a long time ago.

If the NRA had any common sense, after Sandy Hook, they would have come out advocating things like trigger locks, gun safes, telling people if you have someone in your home mentally unstable, remove your weapons or at least the ammo.

Common sense? When the Sandy Hook killer's mom went to the gun store to buy her and her son a weapon, common sense would have had the gun seller asking why in the hell you need this type of weapon. And selling her a single shot .22.

Common sense? When the theater shooter was ordering thousands of rounds of ammo through the mail, why didn't any one ask wtf for?

No common sense is what we are hoping for. Not what we've had.

Common sense says criminals don't obey the law.

You will, predictably, disagree with that as well.

OK ALL YOU FUKING GUN NUTS LAY DOWN YOUR WEAPONS. ANd you Crazies. And you criminals. You depressed. You sociopaths. You mentally unstable young men.

That's all you got to do to stop the senseless mass killings and the more mundane everyday killings.

Right m14. Just lay them guns down and presto bingo, no more killing. Cause guns don't kill. Especially when they are just laying there.

How you think that will work out for a safety program m14. Think everyone will just leave those guns alone?

Good god, its almost as simple minded as the other idea of; Guns don't kill. People with guns kill.
Please, continue to post as you do.
The more you do, the more it is clear that you and your ilk have nothing of value to offer.

If you knew an assault weapons ban would save one child's life, would you support it. A simple question demanding a simple answer.
Here's a simple question:

Why are criminals going to obey your law?

Fuk you are stupid.

Hey when are we gonna obey Gods law? You know God? Don't ya? The one where he says; thou shalt not kill.

Or something like that. When oh davy. When will you shoot your dad in the face with your mind and hand and all that bull shit? When?

Hey, was that killer kid in Sandy Hook a criminal? I hadn't heard that. Well till he started killing kids and teachers. How about his mom. Criminal? Buying her mentally unstable kid a nice little toy gun. Was she criminal dude?

Most criminals kill other criminals. Turf wars and street corners and terrority. Respect and product and all that shit. I thought you know all about this shit. Being a gun slinger and all. Doens't anybody ever hire you?

If you knew that requiring NASA style helmets be worn in all moving vehicles would save the lives of children and adults would you require them or settle for safe driving seminars?

Guns DON'T KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

I have to agree. I have a SKS with a 30 round magazine and I keep it locked and loaded all the time. On numerous occasions, I've walked unexpectedly into the room where I keep it and it's always in the exact same place where I keep it. Not once during all the years that I've had it has it ever walked itself outside and fired itself at any object or person - ever. I just have to take for granted that it hasn't done so because it's not able to do so on it's own.
Of course maybe it's just me, so let me ask. Has anyone else ever seen a pistol, rifle or shotgun attack someone all by itself?

So you acknowledge that you yourself are an irresponsible gun owner?

He acknowledged that he is a gun owner, yes, but where do you get irresponsible? I have 2 weapons loaded and in plain view. I have another out of sight. How is that irresponsible?

Simple fuking minded is what that comment is. What easier method will a person use to kill large numbers of people, if they don't have a semi auto rifle with 30 round magazines?
Or hand guns with extended clips?

How many recent mass murders occured with a ball bat? how about a knife? a car? poison? Come on this should be easy. You know, people kill, not guns.

People kill with guns because it is easy. The better the gun is at killing, the more people will die per incident. The better the gun is at killing, the more people want it. Why in the fuk you think the gun nutters are hysterical about losing their precious assault weapons.
They know what they are intended for and somehow think they will be called on to use them against other Americans. You know, the second amendment remedy they talk about.

Use whatever common sense you may have left and figure it out That bull shit that you said above is just that. Bull shit.

Guns kill people and crazy people with guns kill lots of people. Most of whom they never even knew. Random mass killings. And you think its just a price to pay I take it. Bull shit.

Guns DON'T KILL PEOPLE. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.[/QUOTE]

BLAH BLAH BLAH Bull shit.

Hey go ahead and list the recent mass murders committed with any weapon you choose.....other than a gun.

One thing I know that you don't. If I (or even you) get attacked by someone with a knife, a bat, a crowbar, whatever weapon you want, I've got a chance to survive. Either I can run like hell or I can fight with a chance.

You pull a gun and get ready to shoot me, well lets see, I can't outrun the bullet, If I get hit, it will do serious damage and I just don't have near as much chance of surviving.

But I doubt if you have ever had a gun pulled on you (not much you can do) or been in a serious street fight, which you survived.

Blah Blah Blah

The person with the gun has to have the killer mindset to use it. Thats the person. Not the gun. Unfortunately you can't ban those people.

A gun is an inanimate object without the killer who loads and shoots it.

Again. Guns don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people. Not hard really

That is what you people do not grasp. The bad Motherfuckers will have guns with or with out bans on them. The only people Gun bans will stop from getting guns, are people who as of yet at least have not broken the law.

You know what dude. If I walk up to you with my weapon drawn and ready to fire, like a criminal would, I don't care how many guns you have on you, in your car or in your house. You could have 50 AR15's with 90 round magazines. And if I have the drop on you like that, you haven't got a chance.

And btw, I listend to the Presidents speech. He did not say anything about banning all guns. Matter of fact he said just the opposite. Watch somewhere and learn something.

Here's a simple question:

Why are criminals going to obey your law?

Fuk you are stupid.

Hey when are we gonna obey Gods law? You know God? Don't ya? The one where he says; thou shalt not kill.

Or something like that. When oh davy. When will you shoot your dad in the face with your mind and hand and all that bull shit? When?

Hey, was that killer kid in Sandy Hook a criminal? I hadn't heard that. Well till he started killing kids and teachers. How about his mom. Criminal? Buying her mentally unstable kid a nice little toy gun. Was she criminal dude?

Most criminals kill other criminals. Turf wars and street corners and terrority. Respect and product and all that shit. I thought you know all about this shit. Being a gun slinger and all. Doens't anybody ever hire you?
Y'know, you'd save time and trouble if you just typed "I'm a stupid, irrational bastard. Please ignore everything I say, because it's utter horseshit" in every post.

I'm sure he assumes that we keep our firearms not only locked and loaded, but laying around unsupervised so as to make them available to anyone who walks in the door.
I don't keep mine out in the open. I keep it in my granddaughter's crib and under her mattress. Sure, it's a bit lumpy, but she's not yet big enough to climb out of her crib and get them when I call her. Silly, misinformed liberals. :D
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

You know what dude. If I walk up to you with my weapon drawn and ready to fire, like a criminal would, I don't care how many guns you have on you, in your car or in your house. You could have 50 AR15's with 90 round magazines. And if I have the drop on you like that, you haven't got a chance.

And btw, I listend to the Presidents speech. He did not say anything about banning all guns. Matter of fact he said just the opposite. Watch somewhere and learn something.

yo....

You are the one who claimed to be in the mortgage industry for years and therefore an expert on the topic of the housing bubble...

yet you fell into my trap when I had you talk about the loans that Fannie Mae writes...

Who, as anyone in the industry knows, does not write loans.

You are one who needs to lie about your experience in an effort to win a debate....which makes you a lying loser with no credibility.

I know. That has nothing to do with this thread. But I have decided to post this everytime I see a post of yours. People like you compromise the integrity of the debates on this board....and I will do my best to stop it.

A simplistic question, asked by a simplistic person, attempting to be disingenuous about a complex problem.

Not my job to pretend your elementary-school understanding of the adult world is valid or worthy of respect. No one's going to applaud you and puff up your self-esteem because you figured out how to put one foot in front of the other without falling over, so you'll just have to try harder to actually be a useful creature.

Forum List

Back