If you disagree with a government program, are you forbidden to use it?

Of course they were getting refunds of their own money. They had too much taken away before, they get a small amount back, and you begrudge them even that? Its theirs.

This attitude of "Whats yours is mine, and what is mine is mine" makes us wonder

I don't care about the little guys, I am more concerned with both Bush tax cuts for the rich. I find the tea bagger hilarious when they bitched about higher taxes while simultaneously getting tax cuts.

You don't see the irony of that?
We need to come up with a name to call people who use the term "tea bagger" in practically every post they make.

Every one? Links please.

Hmmmm...interesting subject...interesting question asked...

Hmmm....so if you were aginst it should you take it anyway..

Hmmmm...

Well...lets go with "if you were against it you should stand on your convictions and not take it...."

Someone please let Obama and Biden know that since they were against the surge in Iraq, then they have absolutely no right to say a word about victory there....and most CERTAINLY have no right to take any credit whatsoever....unless, of course, the surge fails...as that is what THEY expected when they spoke and voted against the surge.

Oh wait...too late....the administration already made it clear that Iraq is one of their greatest accomplishments.

I voted against Obama...does that mean I SHOULD NOT follow any of the laws he signs into place?

This is a loser of a thread

If you disagree with a government program, are you forbidden to use it?

I believe the converse should apply even more:

If you're so stupid as to pimp for and demand all these gubmint programs, you should never ever be allowed any access to any free market based version of that program.

Ok, I'll stay off your private roads, you stay off our public ones.

An interesting argument over the local tax effects of Obamacare degenerated into a weird slanging match over Glen Beck using a public library.

I don't believe Beck has ever said anything about public libraries, except that he uses them. I would imagine with his income he can buy a house, the taxes on which would support a nice library. Plus other taxes he would pay into the local taxing authority for other amenities.

Let us accept for the moment the weird proposition that libraries are a useful private businesses that all the local governments have nationalized. With funds from all the taxpayers. I think this argument is silly, but lets run with it.

Lets also assume that Beck has a beef with the idea of publicly funded libraries. He hasn't said that either, as far as I am aware.

How is it that someone who pays for something should not get it because he opposed it. Since he is paying for it, isn't he just as, or even more so, entitled to use the amenity than someone who thought it a great idea, put contributes nothing toward it but some warmth on the seats in the reading room?

I do find it completely bullshit for people that whine all the time about taxes, thinking they get to determine what their tax money should go to. THey benefit from some gov't things that is funded by taxpayer money, but they want to prevent things that other's use. or they think becuase they pay taxes they should get to determine where the money goes and what programs are or are not worthy of taxpayer money.
Yeah uh our country was founded by people who were angry that they had no way to influence where their tax money went.

And we are paying taxes shouldn't we get to have some influence over where the tax money goes to? Government is not entitled to our money.

You do, you vote for you representative, but its bullshit when people say "this is a waste of money" cause they don't use it, yet they use plenty of other services funded by taxpayer money

An interesting argument over the local tax effects of Obamacare degenerated into a weird slanging match over Glen Beck using a public library.

I don't believe Beck has ever said anything about public libraries, except that he uses them. I would imagine with his income he can buy a house, the taxes on which would support a nice library. Plus other taxes he would pay into the local taxing authority for other amenities.

Let us accept for the moment the weird proposition that libraries are a useful private businesses that all the local governments have nationalized. With funds from all the taxpayers. I think this argument is silly, but lets run with it.

Lets also assume that Beck has a beef with the idea of publicly funded libraries. He hasn't said that either, as far as I am aware.

How is it that someone who pays for something should not get it because he opposed it. Since he is paying for it, isn't he just as, or even more so, entitled to use the amenity than someone who thought it a great idea, put contributes nothing toward it but some warmth on the seats in the reading room?

I do find it completely bullshit for people that whine all the time about taxes, thinking they get to determine what their tax money should go to. THey benefit from some gov't things that is funded by taxpayer money, but they want to prevent things that other's use. or they think becuase they pay taxes they should get to determine where the money goes and what programs are or are not worthy of taxpayer money.

So you're ok with tax payer money being spent on a tunnel for turtles to cross a highway in Tallahassee? Are you ok with unemployed illegal immigrants getting free healthcare? If they can get it, why can't you?

Are you ok with the food stamp program where families of 5 or more are qualifying for over a 1000 a month in free groceries? Why can't you get free groceries? (maybe you do)

I think it's very good to use taxpayers dollars for socially beneficial programs. Programs that benefit EVERYONE in society. But I disagree with handouts to those who are capable of work, but choose not to.

But that's just me. Does that make me a right wing extremist?

\NO, but people only want money spent on things they use, and to everybody else things are a waste. What you mention is a waste, but helping people in need I don't feel is a total waste.

Do you think Beck is so totally whacked out that he thinks there should be no government services at all?

Um yes, actually. That is exactly the message that he spews on his show. He tries to scare the faux sheeple with the "S" word every other sentence. Well, government services that benefit the rich and corporations are ok. Just no programs for American citizens. Watch the tape and listen to what he is talking about before the library bit.

If you "say" you support something, but don't contribute to it, is that support???

One fourth of all government workers and rising do NOT pay into Social Security. Was worse years ago. Most government workers except the military are Democrats. How can Democrats say they support Social Security when they never paid into the system?

it makes no sense. for instance obama whining that repubs are using/spending stimulus funds when they were against it. i mean really, this is nothing but a cheap political pot shot. in our republic, you can be against something and if that position is the minority position, you are still entitled to use or take advantage of that which you opposed. to suggest otherwise goes against the very fabric of this country.

now, that doesn't mean you have to take advantage of it, just that you are entitled to.

As usual, you guys don't have a clue.

So you're ok with tax payer money being spent on a tunnel for turtles to cross a highway in Tallahassee? Are you ok with unemployed illegal immigrants getting free healthcare? If they can get it, why can't you?

Are you ok with the food stamp program where families of 5 or more are qualifying for over a 1000 a month in free groceries? Why can't you get free groceries? (maybe you do)

I think it's very good to use taxpayers dollars for socially beneficial programs. Programs that benefit EVERYONE in society. But I disagree with handouts to those who are capable of work, but choose not to.

But that's just me. Does that make me a right wing extremist?

\NO, but people only want money spent on things they use, and to everybody else things are a waste. What you mention is a waste, but helping people in need I don't feel is a total waste.

We're not helping them if we just give them everything.

They complain about not being able to get a job because they don't have the opportunity to get an education...so let's pay for education...uh oh...wait...we can't MAKE them learn now can we?

Close the borders to freeloading good-for-nothings and job takers who just return to their country with their paychecks....or to go get their families and bring them back to take advantage of free medical care...

If someone steals my car, which i'm against, why wouldn't i be entitled to the things in it if they're eventually recovered? Just because i'm against having my car stolen doesn't mean i shouldn't be able to recover anything that was once inside it.

it makes no sense. for instance obama whining that repubs are using/spending stimulus funds when they were against it. i mean really, this is nothing but a cheap political pot shot. in our republic, you can be against something and if that position is the minority position, you are still entitled to use or take advantage of that which you opposed. to suggest otherwise goes against the very fabric of this country.

now, that doesn't mean you have to take advantage of it, just that you are entitled to.

As usual, you guys don't have a clue.

As usual, you don't have an argument.

Are you referring to John Stewart's piece on Beck?

Forum List

Back