If you are HONEST, you are AGNOSTIC

How does epigenetics support YOUR claim or conclusion for ONE “creator” that no one knows anything about??
I have never said that there was one creator that no one knows anything about.

What I said about epigenetics is that it invalidates the concept that evolution is based entirely upon random mutations where the beneficial mutations are the cause of change over long periods of time, aka Darwinism

Epigenetics happens purposely not randomly and in under a full generation, though it can not be observed until the next generation. It appears that either DNA has a mind or that the mind of the parent can influence it's somatic cells.

Print it and take it to the bank where your car loan is owned
Epigenetics does NOT invalidate Darwinism (species adaptation via “natural” selection & frequent survival of the fittest).
Epigenetic expression of acquired DNA is another adaptive mechanism in evolution.
Duh, wrong again kid. Darwinism states clearly that all changes in the individual are gradual over long periods of time and random. Epigenetics is immediate and is clearly not random.

Lol think first next time
Changes “in the individual” are gradual over long periods of time?
You are mixing up phylogeny & ontogeny and clearly don’t understand science.

Epigenetics does not change the genome, but it does affect which genes are expressed in the phenotype.
Epigenetic effects may last a few generations, but it’s the genome that evolves.

You should listen to yourself and “think first next time”. LOL
Several points on that
1. There is positively no known explanation for how epigenetic expression happens, it however clearly either implies that DNA is conscious or that there is a pathway for the minds consciousness to influence somatic cells enabling a life preserving behavior in the young.
2. Experimentation seems to have ended on the academic front minus drug companies trying to shut off damaging genes, for example can a single exposure to smell and electricity cause expression? and if not what repetition is needed for expression? Experimentation should end only when there is nothing left to learn, not when valid new questions arise and the random mutation theory is threatened.
3. Epigenetics itself is no where near as relevant as the mechanism behind it which puts humanity back to a time before genetics was understood.

I have seen epigenetics in force with a puppy who has never been in the woods know which way to turn in the woods when exposed to prey. They do the correct thing the first time with learning having been impossible. I have seen an older pup run away from a deer herd on an angle which prompts the deer to watch the pup closely. When the pup gets near the wood line the pup then quickly turns and runs at the attentive deer that were perplexed by the canine running away from them that is now suddenly closing on the confused deer that inevitably run into the wood line which the pup has shortened the distance to. This is a mathematical strategy that all wolves use and that requires no learning. If you tried to teach a dog that running away from prey could confuse the prey and result in distances being shortened you would fail.

No need, DNA already executes mathematical formulas. The 99.9 percent of people walking their dog never see this, and again this can only be viewed once in the dogs life, the first time when they act perfectly in the absence of experience and rely entirely on stored info that defies explanation.
Huh? Your comments are very general & don’t have scientific focus.
This clip from your text is VERY mushy:

“DNA is conscious or that there is a pathway for the minds consciousness to influence somatic cells”.

No, consciousness is much more “totality” than the sum of many separate cells with your specific DNA/etc).
Most (if not 99.9%) of your body’s functioning is well below your consciousness & below your “subconscious”.

Can you summarize your beliefs that have scientific validity or are rational?

So did DNA come first or did life come first,
I dont know. Define "life". Good luck. It's hard to do.

Guess what? You don't know, either.
Not really.

https://assets.cambridge.org/97805216/80547/excerpt/9780521680547_excerpt.pdf

Characteristics of living things There are seven activities which make organisms different from non-living things. These are the seven characteristics of living organisms.

1 Nutrition Living things take in materials from their surroundings that they use for growth or to provide energy. Nutrition is the process by which organisms obtain energy and raw materials from nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates and fats.

2 Respiration Respiration is the release of energy from food substances in all living cells. Living things break down food within their cells to release energy for carrying out the following processes.

3 Movement All living things move. It is very obvious that a leopard moves but what about the thorn tree it sits in? Plants too move in various different ways. The movement may be so slow that it is very difficult to see.

4 Excretion All living things excrete. As a result of the many chemical reactions occurring in cells, they have to get rid of waste products which might poison the cells. Excretion is defined as the removal of toxic materials, the waste products of metabolism and substances in excess from the body of an organism.

5 Growth Growth is seen in all living things. It involves using food to produce new cells. The permanent increase in cell number and size is called growth.

6 Reproduction All living organisms have the ability to produce offspring.

7 Sensitivity All living things are able to sense and respond to stimuli around them such as light, temperature, water, gravity and chemical substances.
Define "life". Good luck. It's hard to do.

Not really.

There are seven activities which make organisms different from non-living things.

Biology is the study of living things. It deals with what all living things can do, how they do it and why they do it. In biology, there is always a relationship between the structure of an organism, its function, and its adaptation to its function or environment.

odd use of the word things ...

physiology is a metaphysical substance (of "things") that disappears when its spiritual content is removed -

the periodic table is all things in the universe ...

upload_2019-7-27_21-6-18.png

ergo:

everything in the universe is alive.

What I said about epigenetics is that it invalidates the concept that evolution is based entirely upon random mutations where the beneficial mutations are the cause of change over long periods of time, aka Darwinism

Epigenetics happens purposely not randomly and in under a full generation, though it can not be observed until the next generation. It appears that either DNA has a mind or that the mind of the parent can influence it's somatic cells.

Epigenetics does NOT invalidate Darwinism (species adaptation via “natural” selection & frequent survival of the fittest).
Epigenetic expression of acquired DNA is another adaptive mechanism in evolution.
Duh, wrong again kid. Darwinism states clearly that all changes in the individual are gradual over long periods of time and random. Epigenetics is immediate and is clearly not random.

Epigenetics does not change the genome, but it does affect which genes are expressed in the phenotype.
Epigenetic effects may last a few generations, but it’s the genome that evolves.

Several points on that
1. There is positively no known explanation for how epigenetic expression happens, it however clearly either implies that DNA is conscious or that there is a pathway for the minds consciousness to influence somatic cells enabling a life preserving behavior in the young.
2. Experimentation seems to have ended on the academic front minus drug companies trying to shut off damaging genes, for example can a single exposure to smell and electricity cause expression? and if not what repetition is needed for expression? Experimentation should end only when there is nothing left to learn, not when valid new questions arise and the random mutation theory is threatened.
3. Epigenetics itself is no where near as relevant as the mechanism behind it which puts humanity back to a time before genetics was understood.

I have seen epigenetics in force with a puppy who has never been in the woods know which way to turn in the woods when exposed to prey. They do the correct thing the first time with learning having been impossible. I have seen an older pup run away from a deer herd on an angle which prompts the deer to watch the pup closely. When the pup gets near the wood line the pup then quickly turns and runs at the attentive deer that were perplexed by the canine running away from them that is now suddenly closing on the confused deer that inevitably run into the wood line which the pup has shortened the distance to. This is a mathematical strategy that all wolves use and that requires no learning. If you tried to teach a dog that running away from prey could confuse the prey and result in distances being shortened you would fail.

No need, DNA already executes mathematical formulas. The 99.9 percent of people walking their dog never see this, and again this can only be viewed once in the dogs life, the first time when they act perfectly in the absence of experience and rely entirely on stored info that defies explanation.

“DNA is conscious or that there is a pathway for the minds consciousness to influence somatic cells”.

No, consciousness is much more “totality” than the sum of many separate cells with your specific DNA/etc).
Most (if not 99.9%) of your body’s functioning is well below your consciousness & below your “subconscious”.

The quote refers to epigenetics, if you know the pathway for epigenetics let us in on the secret Sherlock

Fear of a smell can be passed down several generations

So seriously grace us with you knowledge of how a fear of a smell is passed on to sperm in a living individual so that the offspring fear the same smell.

If you succeed I can pretty much guarantee you a Nobel prize

Please feel free to replace science with your psychobabble, but don’t expect rational people to take you seriously.
Actually its all documented fact

Fearful memories haunt mouse descendants

Enter hole now
How does epigenetics support YOUR claim or conclusion for ONE “creator” that no one knows anything about??

What biologist says “evolution is based entirely upon random mutations where the beneficial mutations are the cause of change over long periods of time, aka Darwinism”?
That statement reflects a simplistic lack of understanding about how biological evolution works.

Mutations & gene expressions (genetics & epigenetics) provide variability of DNA structures that may or may not be passed on to the next generation via Darwin’s “natural selection” or “unnatural cultural selection”.

Evolution selects “successful” genomes whose “behavior” adapts well enough to procreate.
I believe NATURE drives evolution, not a simplistic notion about an unknown/undefined “God”.
However, i am agnostic about original creation.
I am honest about my ignorance.

How about the professors at Berzerkely who wrote this
Mutations are random

Mutations are random

Mutations can be beneficial, neutral, or harmful for the organism, but mutations do not "try" to supply what the organism "needs." Factors in the environment may influence the rate of mutation but are not generally thought to influence the direction of mutation. For example, exposure to harmful chemicals may increase the mutation rate, but will not cause more mutations that make the organism resistant to those chemicals. In this respect, mutations are random — whether a particular mutation happens or not is unrelated to how useful that mutation would be.
You are starting to learn about SOME basics of evolutionary principles!
Yes, mutations are random, and they are related to DNA variability, not “how useful that mutation would be”.
Darwin’s “natural selection” & other gene favorable adaptations (incl learned behavior) will decide the genomes of future generations.

Actually its all documented fact

Fearful memories haunt mouse descendants

Enter hole now

What biologist says “evolution is based entirely upon random mutations where the beneficial mutations are the cause of change over long periods of time, aka Darwinism”?
That statement reflects a simplistic lack of understanding about how biological evolution works.

Mutations & gene expressions (genetics & epigenetics) provide variability of DNA structures that may or may not be passed on to the next generation via Darwin’s “natural selection” or “unnatural cultural selection”.

Evolution selects “successful” genomes whose “behavior” adapts well enough to procreate.
I believe NATURE drives evolution, not a simplistic notion about an unknown/undefined “God”.

Mutations are random

Mutations are random

Mutations can be beneficial, neutral, or harmful for the organism, but mutations do not "try" to supply what the organism "needs." Factors in the environment may influence the rate of mutation but are not generally thought to influence the direction of mutation. For example, exposure to harmful chemicals may increase the mutation rate, but will not cause more mutations that make the organism resistant to those chemicals. In this respect, mutations are random — whether a particular mutation happens or not is unrelated to how useful that mutation would be.
Yes, mutations are random, and they are related to DNA variability, not “how useful that mutation would be”.
Darwin’s “natural selection” & other gene favorable adaptations (incl learned behavior) will decide the genomes of future generations.

Sorry kid, epigenetics has nothing to do with mutations, but selective gene expression. This discussion is over your head by a few lightyears

Mutations are random

Mutations are random

Sorry kid, epigenetics has nothing to do with mutations, but selective gene expression. This discussion is over your head by a few lightyears
Ha ha, what a deflection.
Who said epigenetics is about mutations? YOU quoted that “Bezerkeley” mutation text, not me.
Modification of gene expression (epigenetics) is a part of evolutionary processes.
As others have noticed, your science education is sorely lacking.

Mutations are random

Mutations are random

Ha ha, what a deflection.
Who said epigenetics is about mutations? YOU quoted that “Bezerkeley” mutation text, not me.
Modification of gene expression (epigenetics) is a part of evolutionary processes.
As others have noticed, your science education is sorely lacking.

As known epigenetics is temporary and as such does not influence evolution.

Now you are hundreds of light years behind.

Several points on that

The quote refers to epigenetics, if you know the pathway for epigenetics let us in on the secret Sherlock

So seriously grace us with you knowledge of how a fear of a smell is passed on to sperm in a living individual so that the offspring fear the same smell.

Um...hey dumbass....you're own link (which you clearly never read and don't understand) explains it.

100% wrong. If the traits activated by experience are selected "for", then you would see evolution of a population trend toward a higher proportion of its individuals with those traits.

Have you ever said ANYTHING correct about this topic?

Sorry kid, epigenetics has nothing to do with mutations,
Also 100% wrong. A Genetic mutation cause cause a set of tense to be more likely to be "turned on" in the lifetime of an individual.

Oh look, you said something completely wrong again.

Several points on that

Um...hey dumbass....you're own link (which you clearly never read and don't understand) explains it.

Actually the link explains what happens to the offspring, not how the parent effects the change to it's own sperm.

Keep babbling

100% wrong. If the traits activated by experience are selected "for", then you would see evolution of a population trend toward a higher proportion of its individuals with those traits.

Have you ever said ANYTHING correct about this topic?
True but since the change is not permanent the change is lost eventually and can not effect evolution. This is unlike full mutations

Sorry kid, epigenetics has nothing to do with mutations,
Also 100% wrong. A Genetic mutation cause cause a set of tense to be more likely to be "turned on" in the lifetime of an individual.

Oh look, you said something completely wrong again.
Tell us then, how does a parent mutate their own somatic cells to influence their offspring?

Answer and I can guarantee you a Nobel prize...……………..

I won't hold my breath

True but since the change is not permanent the change is lost eventually and can not effect evolution.
Clearly it is not always lost and can affect evolution. Youre not going to say something wrong about this, and then put words in just the right order to make it right.

Forum List

Back