If you are HONEST, you are AGNOSTIC

ViewFromAbove

Gold Member
May 6, 2019
AGNOSTICISM is about your HONEST perceptions and interpretations of your own experiences. If you cannot see beyond the horizon, you don’t pretend you do.

Of course, you can gather information from credible sources who have seen something beyond YOUR horizon, but that is tentative information that could be a basis for your belief(s).

No one credible to me has ANY information about Earth’s origins. We can only theorize based on patterns of evidence from various credible sources. Beyond that ...

If you are not agnostic, you are playing a make believe game. If so, you have faith in fantasy instead of reality, in my opinion.

Do you know who else is honest? Baboons are honest. They have an honest evaluation of their perceptions and experiences.

Do you know what is wrong with baboons? They lack the higher level ability to conceptualize things beyond, "banana", "water", "sex".

Just some food for thought to those who have the ability, to be honest with their perceptions and experiences.

Do you know what is wrong with baboons? They lack the higher level ability to conceptualize things beyond, "banana", "water", "sex".

It's all relative. I have little doubt that we too ''lack the higher level ability to conceptualize things''. God is looking down upon on us just like we might look down on an ant hill watching the ants working away, totally oblivious to our presence.

Do you know who else is honest? Baboons are honest. They have an honest evaluation of their perceptions and experiences.

Just some food for thought to those who have the ability, to be honest with their perceptions and experiences.
You do not appear to understand honesty.
Nothing wrong with being ignorant. Your honesty about it would reflect well on your intelligence as well as emotional security.

It's all relative. I have little doubt that we too ''lack the higher level ability to conceptualize things''. God is looking down upon on us just like we might look down on an ant hill watching the ants working away, totally oblivious to our presence.
Not really. You can show a painting of cityscape and to a baboon, it's just a jumble of pretty colors.

We may not be able to conceive of what "God" is or looks like, but we at least can conceive of something outside ourselves, larger than ourselves.

All baboons and most Democrats are not capable of that.

noun
  1. 1.
    a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

The definition above is what I found after typing in ''agnostic'' on Google. While that may be technically correct, most don't seem to share that definition. For me, an agnostic is someone who is on the fence between belief in a creator and belief that there is no creator. A believer is someone who ''believes'' that it's likely that there is a creator. An atheist might be described as one who believes that it's unlikely that there is a creator. Of course, many believers claim a creator's existence as fact while many atheists absolutely claim that there is no creator.

Nothing wrong with being ignorant. Your honesty about it would reflect well on your intelligence as well as emotional security.
But I'm not ignorant. You're attempt to pigeonhole anyone who does not believe as you do is mostly ignorant but wholly arrogant.

Not really. You can show a painting of cityscape and to a baboon, it's just a jumble of pretty colors.

We may not be able to conceive of what "God" is or looks like, but we at least can conceive of something outside ourselves, larger than ourselves.

All baboons and most Democrats are not capable of that.

We certainly have a greater ability to conceptualize than animals. However, I presume there are concepts that are beyond our ability to understand, such as how God was never created and has always been eternal. In our world everything has a beginning and an end. God has always existed. Trying to wrap our minds around such concepts is beyond our ability, or so I believe.

Do you know what is wrong with baboons?
They like liberals have an IQ of 70, which is why they are very aggressive to those who make them "feel" threatened. Also baboons and liberals smell badly because both dont like to keep clean.

a5cc228f65b77751abefa775acfcc9b7.jpg trump-is-gonna-get-us-killed-michael-moore-www-silenceisconsent-net-9379697.png

To see proves god is real.
You see a “god”??

Sorry to hear your blind :(

You “hear” I’m blind?
I can see you make up shit, and have bad grammar.

Who is making shit up blind guy?

Does the human eye prove that God exists?

Darwin was baffled by it; Christians see it as evidence of the divine. Will science ever unlock the secrets of the human eye?
eye_3048269b.jpg

But I'm not ignorant. You're attempt to pigeonhole anyone who does not believe as you do is mostly ignorant but wholly arrogant.
You are ignorant about Earth’s creation.
Don’t worry about your ego.
We ALL are ignorant about that topic.

Dude we ain't even an ant hill. Earth is tiny compared to this solar system, which is tiny compared to the galaxy, which is less than an ant hill tiny compared to the universe. And you going to tell me some jackass whose big enough to encompass all of that gives a fuck about us?

To see proves god is real.
You see a “god”??

Sorry to hear your blind :(

You “hear” I’m blind?
I can see you make up shit, and have bad grammar.

Who is making shit up blind guy?

Darwin was baffled by it; Christians see it as evidence of the divine. Will science ever unlock the secrets of the human eye?
eye_3048269b.jpg
Your logic makes little sense.
In YOUR mind, why does the EYE not “prove” that A “god” exists? Maybe there are thousands of gods in the local “universe”?

AGNOSTICISM is about your HONEST perceptions and interpretations of your own experiences. If you cannot see beyond the horizon, you don’t pretend you do.

Of course, you can gather information from credible sources who have seen something beyond YOUR horizon, but that is tentative information that could be a basis for your belief(s).

No one credible to me has ANY information about Earth’s origins. We can only theorize based on patterns of evidence from various credible sources. Beyond that ...

If you are not agnostic, you are playing a make believe game. If so, you have faith in fantasy instead of reality, in my opinion.
Well, I am agnostic in that even if there were any gods, we would have no way to evaluate them or really know anything about them. And since no claims of gods that I have heard of are in the least convincing I do not believe any of them are true, making me also an atheist.

Note that I am not claiming that I know there aren’t any gods, only that I do not believe any do exist. You can reject a proposition without accepting its opposite.

And the Grammer Nazi's in this forum need to go fuck themselves. You don't have to be an English major to have a valid opinion on the topic.

Forum List

Back