If you are a person that prays you need to pray for Florida and the islands.

Irma looks to be devastating. I hope everyone stays safe and at the first sign its coming your way get the fuck out! Do not wait for our dysfunctional government to save you.
A lot of my family is in Puerto Rico. They've made it through CAT 5's before. Those people know what to do, but they're looking at months of clean up. Keep them in your prayers please.
I'm not a praying man but I will be thinking about their well being and hoping for the best
Thanks gramps. I'm not a praying man either but I'll be doing the same.

Irma looks to be devastating. I hope everyone stays safe and at the first sign its coming your way get the fuck out! Do not wait for our dysfunctional government to save you.

I'm tracking Irma right now.
My house sitter in Key Biscayne already boarded up all windows both first and second floor ready for Irma. All valuable items are moved to second floor. Except my salt water aquarium.
Plywood for my windows are custom made cut designed to fit to assigned windows with built in threaded inserts. So it will take less than 3 hours to install.

I'm confident my house can withstand those categories.
My boat was moved from storage and on the way to Port Lauderdale about 40 miles north of KB.
My house sitter is packed and will leave KB with my 3 Pekingese by Thursday or Friday morning.
I probably fly to Key B. next week depending how pissed off my girlfriend Irma.

I just posted there is another one coming behind Irma and is a cat. 5 right now. Hmmm

If there was a God wouldn't he just stop the hurricane from heading to Florida in the first place?

If there was a God wouldn't he just stop the hurricane from heading to Florida in the first place?

it's called free will to be an idiot or not to be an idiot. That's GOD. and Idiot would stay someone with a brain who can think LEAVES.

You are like people in Hawaii who build their house near a volcano and wonder why lava is coming through their kitchen.

Pfft, must not be a God.

My brother in Georgia has a bag ready for him, the wife, and kid to visit father, my mother's on stand-by to cancel her visit to Georgia as well - they're calling it a "Swap Meet" <they're so punny ~rolls eyes~> Hopefully the wife can handle the trip (she's been fighting brain cancer for 3 years >.<)

I'm tracking Irma right now.
My house sitter in Key Biscayne already boarded up all windows both first and second floor ready for Irma. All valuable items are moved to second floor. Except my salt water aquarium.
Plywood for my windows are custom made cut designed to fit to assigned windows with built in threaded inserts. So it will take less than 3 hours to install.

I'm confident my house can withstand those categories.
My boat was moved from storage and on the way to Port Lauderdale about 40 miles north of KB.
My house sitter is packed and will leave KB with my 3 Pekingese by Thursday or Friday morning.
I probably fly to Key B. next week depending how pissed off my girlfriend Irma.

Whoa! You are so wealthy and cool. Thankfully this storm has given you an opportunity to tell us all how you have those custom plywood shutters and an awesome saltwater aquariuum.

You are like people in Hawaii who build their house near a volcano and wonder why lava is coming through their kitchen.

Pfft, must not be a God.

I would just like a plausible explanation as to why someone who can allegedly create an entire universe can't change the path of a hurricane.

If you live in Flordia, do yourself and your family a favor.

Get out.

The experts on Hurricanes are all flabbergasted at how perfectly formed this hurricane is. This, to them, means that this storm is going to be monstrous. One guy on the Weather Underground on the weather channel is saying that the eye of this storm is 60 miles wide and perfectly shaped. Carrying 185 miles per hour winds.

That is a 60-mile wide F4 Tornado!

Be smart people. Be safe, and Gods speed.

I do not evacuate.

Get out.

The experts on Hurricanes are all flabbergasted at how perfectly formed this hurricane is. This, to them, means that this storm is going to be monstrous. One guy on the Weather Underground on the weather channel is saying that the eye of this storm is 60 miles wide and perfectly shaped. Carrying 185 miles per hour winds.

I do not evacuate.
If you live on the coast or in flood prone areas that's just dumb.

No piece of personal property is worth risking your life over.

I live in Orlando and have for most of my life. I have seen many hurricanes come and go. It's possible that Miami, the Keys, and also much of the east coast could get hit hard. Orlando however, should be spared. My only concern is an oak tree in my front years that I should have had trimmed but never got around to it. Hopefully if we do get strong winds, they go in any direction but north to south.

My power lines are underground, my property was built up high and we have those various expensive add-ones that the government forced the builders to put in. We went through Charlie and the three other direct hits a while back without much trouble so I think we're good here.

Also, I have survival food. Enough to last two people 4 weeks.

Get out.

I do not evacuate.
If you live on the coast or in flood prone areas that's just dumb.

No piece of personal property is worth risking your life over.

I don't. I live in Orlando.

Key Biscayne is east of Miami.

IMG_2282.JPG

Yeah get to high ground two days ahead of time, don't drive through 4 feet of water.
Does Florida even have high ground?

And the winds in this one could be the bigger concern??? :eek:

We don't call it higher ground. It's called parking structures. My live in house sitter moved all my cars to a hotel parking structure third floor. He did that most of his time last night then drove to Orlando with my dogs this morning.

I live in Orlando and have for most of my life. I have seen many hurricanes come and go. It's possible that Miami, the Keys, and also much of the east coast could get hit hard. Orlando however, should be spared. My only concern is an oak tree in my front years that I should have had trimmed but never got around to it. Hopefully if we do get strong winds, they go in any direction but north to south.

My power lines are underground, my property was built up high and we have those various expensive add-ones that the government forced the builders to put in. We went through Charlie and the three other direct hits a while back without much trouble so I think we're good here.

Also, I have survival food. Enough to last two people 4 weeks.

I'm monitoring the weather channel and it looks like it will be category 3 by the time it hit Orlando.
My live in house sitter brother live in Orlando and arrived there this afternoon.

Forum List

Back