If white racism is a thing of the past.....

What bullshit. Since it was slavery that sparked the war, it only stands to reason that the war happened because people were upset enough to end slavery. If the white people didn't care, you would be a slave today.

This is an important point. While it was the white race that enslaved the blacks, it was also the white race that freed them.

Mark

Well it seems that when you look at the historical record of that time it is stated that Lincoln decided the expressed intent if the union army was to keep the union together. The potential northern soldiers did not care about fighting to free blacks. For there was slavery in the north. The war was not fought to stop slavery and whites did not die to free blacks. If that was the case, then the resulting 100 years would never have happened. And that's the important point.

So it's like this, you don't get to give yourselves credit for my freedom now while at the same time claim you are not responsible for anything because you must face how you benefitted from slavery.

If we don't get credit for your freedom now then we don't get blame for slavery that you never suffered.

It's like this, if I wasn't a slave and you didn't own slaves then you get no credit for my freedom now unless you accept the benefits you have got from slavery.

I didn't benefit from slavery as I was born 100 years after it was abolished.

Now would you like to move on to the 100 years after slavery to discuss how whites created apartheid to keep us from having equal rights and made laws that returned blacks back into slavery?

Sure. But once we cover that time period, let's move on to the 50 years after that where whites abolished apartheid, made laws that gave blacks equal rights, equal employment opportunity and Affirmative Action and returned blacks back to a world where they had the freedom to succeed or fail like everyone else.

Or are we going to have to read that Africans did that too?

I don't suppose you should have to read it again as I'm sure you're fully aware that Africans sold their own people into slavery. The question is, why are you not willing to talk about that? Are we talking about slavery and who was responsible or are we only talking about the whites that were responsible?

I asked you a question earlier in the discussion but never got a response. How have you personally been negatively affected by this racist system?

So let's cover that 50 years you talk about. Whites gave nothing. Back fought and died. Ask Martin Luther King.

Why whites like you chose to ignore everything to pat yourselves undeservedly on the back for things you did not do makes no sense. Whites like you want to take credit for all the good, but you don't want be held countable for your wrongs but you think you have the right to hold others accountable. You create a problem that did not have to be created such as apartheid and then you want credit for fixing a fucking problem you made happen. That's dumb as hell.

No one is trying to take credit for all the good, we're just rejecting the idea that all whites are to blame for the bad. I.E., not all whites were responsible for slavery and some whites were responsible for the abolition of it. Not all whites were responsible or guilty of the racism that came after and some whites were responsible for the Civil Rights Act and other laws that granted blacks the same rights as whites.

It's like I set your house on fire but you should give me credit for calling the fire department before it burnt down.

If a white man were to set your house on fire and then call the fire department, he would be guilty of arson of course. But should the white firemen who arrive to extinguish the fire be blamed for the white arsonist's actions?

I have talked about Africans and slavery, But what you don't want to discuss is why did whites give some tribes guns and then pay them tor capturing their enemies in war. Because Africans did not capture other Africans, A Yoruba tribe member captured a Igbo or Hausa tribe member. That's how Africans saw things.

So who is to blame for their accepting the money and guns and the selling of the captives into slavery?

And you see, whites are able to differentiate among whites. We can't say that whites purchased other whites in contractual agreements to be indentured servants. Whites will say the British in return for paying passage to America, contracted the services of the Irish as indentured servants. What is missed is the fact whites could have done the same with Africans without paying tribes to capture enemy tribe members then buy the captives.

Maybe it was cheaper that way as opposed to running down and capturing the slaves themselves, I don't know. But what I do know is that I had nothing to do with it.

You did benefit from slavery

Nope. You can keep saying that but I for one reject the idea and always will.

I have been stopped close to 100 times by police for no reason and not breaking traffic laws.

I had to spend an afternoon being questioned by police for a rape of a white girl when I was no where near the incident sitting at home because the suspect was described as a black mam.

My woman at that time and I led a class action suit against a company because I was denied promotion while whites with less management experience and who had not worked in every department while I had. She was white and got sexually harassed by a racist white male because she was dating a black man.

Not to mention the thousands of racist slurs/jokes I had to hear from whites.

How many more examples do you want? If course I'm sure you will dismiss my examples. Why is it that you think I have to prove shit to you when you make claims with no proof such as the majority of your last paragraph.

Why do you assume I would dismiss your examples? If I wasn't interested in the answer then I wouldn't have asked the question. As for the claims in my last paragraph, everything I said is true. If you have proof otherwise then share it with us.

Having said that, I will say that I personally was not responsible for any racism perpetrated against you so I don't think I should be held responsible.

Forum List

Back