If Trump picks Petraeus....

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
If President-elect Donald Trump taps former Gen. David Petraeus to be his secretary of state, Petraeus has three days to notify his parole officer about his new job. He also needs to tell the probation officer before he leaves North Carolina -- and his work travel would have to be approved by his parole officer, too.

Im wondering if he can get security clearance for the job.
That would be the biggest issue I would think.

If President-elect Donald Trump taps former Gen. David Petraeus to be his secretary of state, Petraeus has three days to notify his parole officer about his new job. He also needs to tell the probation officer before he leaves North Carolina -- and his work travel would have to be approved by his parole officer, too.
He has a probation officer, and parole officer?

Why would he have a parole officer if he wasn't paroled from serving prison time?

Im wondering if he can get security clearance for the job.
That would be the biggest issue I would think.
Yeah, I'm sure they've never thought of that in the president-elect's camp.
But you clowns keep banging away on those drums.
damn dude, why I gotta be a clown for saying that?
I voted for Trump, I just dont think Petraeus would be a good pick for that position.
Didnt we just have someone in that office that was leaking information out? what is it that makes anyone think that taking a risk at doing that again would be a good idea?
Just because I supported Trump with my vote does not mean I have to agree with or pretend everything he does is a good thing. I personally think that this is a mistake on his part.
Besides, how is he going to prosecute hillary for her e-mail issues if he appoints someone (in my eyes) equally questionable to the same office that hillary had when she did what she did.
Work with me on this one. Im not totally understanding it.

I agree. Patraeus is very capable and would do well in that post but he has way to much baggage.

He won't be Trumps pick.

Just wonderful

A Secretary of State who is restricted from leaving the country without permission
Does Petraeus qualify for a Top Secret Clearance given his criminal record of passing secrets to his mistress?

Just wonderful

A Secretary of State who is restricted from leaving the country without permission
Does Petraeus qualify for a Top Secret Clearance given his criminal record of passing secrets to his mistress?

LOL You really should wait to see if he's picked. Which I don't think he will be even though he's one very capable guy. Then ask your questions.

Waste of time otherwise.

Just wonderful

as a liberal do you really have room to question this at all? you were just ready to give the keys to the White House to some incontinent bitch that has an even worse record when it comes to protecting the nations security.

I agree. Patraeus is very capable and would do well in that post but he has way to much baggage.

He won't be Trumps pick.

Have you told the media about this? 'cause those bubble heads seem to believe General Dave is still in the running.

BTW Does the Trumpkin Transition Team know about you leaking insider details to the public? I thought only the Great Oz himself was allowed to do that via his Twitter account.

He won't be Trumps pick.

Have you told the media about this? 'cause those bubble heads seem to believe General Dave is still in the running.

BTW Does the Trumpkin Transition Team know about you leaking insider details to the public? I thought only the Great Oz himself was allowed to do that via his Twitter account.

Oh I know he's in the running and he's a man I admire a lot but he has loads of baggage and don't really think he will be Trumps pick.

Of course I could be wrong because Trump isn't a politician and he doesn't follow their rules. Hell. Petraeus may very well be his pick.

How's that for covering my bases. LOL

He has a probation officer, and parole officer?

Why would he have a parole officer if he wasn't paroled from serving prison time?
Nice fence. If you hot wired it, the cows would keep from rubbing on it.

He won't be Trumps pick.

Oh I know he's in the running and he's a man I admire a lot but he has loads of baggage and don't really think he will be Trumps pick.

Of course I could be wrong because Trump isn't a politician and he doesn't follow their rules. Hell. Petraeus may very well be his pick.

Flip-Flopper.....

Now that I've discovered your propensity for changing your positions, I'm going to formally withdraw my recommendation to nominate you for the job.

*Heads Up Trumplodytes*
We're going with Dave, he might have a penchant for exposing National Security Secrets to the women he's banging on the side but at least he's consistent.

He won't be Trumps pick.

Flip-Flopper.....

Now that I've discovered your propensity for changing your positions, I'm going to formally withdraw my recommendation to nominate you for the job.

*Heads Up Trumplodytes*
We're going with Dave, he might have a penchant for exposing National Security Secrets to the women he's banging on the side but at least he's consistent.

Thanks. I would suck at the job because I'd blow everyone to hell and back. LOL

Well hell, if he's going to consider Petraeus, why not consider Hillary? :badgrin:

Donald Trump Should Pick Hillary Clinton for Secretary of State
Donald Trump Should Pick Hillary Clinton for Secretary of State

Finally, it’s difficult to see what Gen. Petraeus could offer that Hillary could not. Both have experience dealing with mistresses, and both have been chastised for playing fast and loose with classified information. Only Petraeus was charged with a crime, however, and Hillary will probably get away with it. Her savvy when it comes to avoiding jail time (thus far) and blatantly lying to the public should come in handy as a member of the Trump administration.

Petraeus advocates will probably cite his military experience as a plus, but they’d be ignoring the fact that Hillary also has a considerable track record of dodging sniper fire in a war zone.

For these reasons, and many more, Hillary Clinton is the perfect consensus choice for secretary of state. Believe me.

Thanks. I would suck at the job because I'd blow everyone to hell and back. LOL
..... and we'd have to work on your verbiage for those press conferences too.

Breaking News: Secretary of State Claudette gives Press Conference : Feminists Riot, Bill Clinton becomes a Republican and Billy Graham has a heart attack.

Trump is getting masdive push-back on Patraeus on the 'hypocrisy' isdue, condemning Hillary while 'rewarding' Patraeus.

I understand the temptation of pocking him - it would be telling Libs, 'Fine - if doing far worse, which is what Hillary did, is acceptable then picking Patraeus should be ok'.

1. No, it's not.

2. I am not saying that's what Trump is thinking. Despite Patraeus' mistake / crime, he is a brilliant man.

Just wonderful

LOL You really should wait to see if he's picked. Which I don't think he will be even though he's one very capable guy. Then ask your questions.

Waste of time otherwise.
But he is being considered. That is bad enough to show Trump's hypocrisy. He said to lock up Clinton for using a private server that he claimed put our secrets at risk while he considers a man that actually gave away our secrets.

Forum List

Back