If Trump lurches to the left.

I wonder about this. I believe now with the failure of the pathetic Trumpcare bill Trump will now lurch to the left. It is his comfortable spot. When and if this happen how many of you who were staunchly behind him will still forgive him? Lets face it they already ignore his plans for more government like family care and a trillion in infrastructure spending he has claimed he is pushing for.

So far no matter what lefty thing he does it is praised by those who say they are not leftists... Yet other then a nomination of a good Judge what has he done again that is not progressive?

I know the wall.... Yet he hasn't even tried to get funding to build a wall and no Mexico is not going to pay for it.

It seems to me other then attack the media for which they deserve he hasnt really done anything that makes me feel good for voting for him....What he has done was brag and push a bill that was nothing more then Obamacare in drag.

Now I believe soon we will see him lurch heavily to the left... Why? Because he is already blaming Conservatives for them doing what they promised and not supporting more Bad healthcare bills. Now the democrats are still going to hate him but he will give them more and more to appease them.

So I guess the question is will you have buyers remorse when/if this happens?

Oh and Hillary lost so she isnt a factor anymore.
The Rinos lurched left and failed to repeal Obamacare. They will pay the penalty in the next election cycle.

For me, the overriding factor when voting in the last election was the Supreme Court. Everything else was minor by comparison.

W was a big government leftist, yet the left hated him. Strangely enough, when Obama super sized his failures, leftists cheered. Politics make no sense at all. It's all about team, and not what is best for the country.
And if Gorsuch doesn't get the nomination and Trump puts forward a liberal which I think he will?
Nope. Not happening.
which part? Gorsuch not getting the job? You have to rely on establishment republicans having a backbone to do that and we all know how well that turns out every time. Or do you mean Trump nominating a liberal? Of course he will because right now he is courting the democrat party and he is liberal. Gorsuch was not his choice.

Gorsuch will be confirmed, despite the efforts of McCain.
You think it is only that senile old man??? Trump himself will throw Gorsuch under the bus if he thinks he can get a pat on the back from his former party. Odd how the Outsider is attacking the outsiders and snuggling up with the establishment..... Gee it is almost like people have been saying he would do this from the start?

035365-vibrant-pattern-icon-culture-holiday-easter-egg-sc44.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Freedom" Caucus may have shot itself and its party in the foot here.
WTF?!? :uhh:

The Freedom Caucus were the only one's who did exactly what they were sent to Washington to do. They are being hailed as hero's. Instead of Obamacare Lite, we'll get a full repeal thanks to the Freedom Caucus.

There job isn't to act like RINO's. Their job is to act like true conservatives. And they have done it.

I believe now with the failure of the pathetic Trumpcare bill Trump will now lurch to the left. It is his comfortable spot.
I was the biggest anti-Trump conservative on the board. But I don't see him moving left now. I'm not saying it's impossible - I just don't see it. I've come to the conclusion that what makes Trump so great is that he flat out doesn't give a fuck. He answers to no group or no man. He's not worried about being popular. He embodies Frank Sinatra's "My Way".

If anything, the fact that the Freedom Caucus blocked the legislation might cause him to be even more conservative as he tries to achieve some legislation.

Gorsuch will be confirmed, despite the efforts of McCain.
It's time for that miserable RINO to go. I can't believe the great state of Arizona keeps electing that liberal tool and I can't believe the Tea Party isn't throwing money at a campaign for a true conservative to defeat him. We need to get him out of Congress and into a nursing home.

my answer to the proposed question is the Trumpettes will follow President Trump off of a cliff and in to the Lake.... without blinking an eye!

The "Freedom" Caucus may have shot itself and its party in the foot here.
WTF?!? :uhh:

The Freedom Caucus were the only one's who did exactly what they were sent to Washington to do. They are being hailed as hero's. Instead of Obamacare Lite, we'll get a full repeal thanks to the Freedom Caucus.

There job isn't to act like RINO's. Their job is to act like true conservatives. And they have done it.
Sure, they're purists, but that has nothing to do with my point.

They damaged an already-damaged President with that move. The weaker the President, the weaker the party. The less likely it is that they can work with them, the more likely he'll move to the center and work with Democrats.

Purity doesn't work in politics. You can't hold your breath until you turn blue, you actually have to cooperate with others. Like adults.

I wonder about this. I believe now with the failure of the pathetic Trumpcare bill Trump will now lurch to the left. It is his comfortable spot. When and if this happen how many of you who were staunchly behind him will still forgive him?
I think this is a real possibility, and the Dems may know it. The "Freedom" Caucus may have shot itself and its party in the foot here.

Seems to me the only thing that would hold the Dems back could be that the vast middle of the country would like it and give Trump credit.

So they need to decide, pretty quickly here, if they're going to work with him or play to their base.

Why is it freedom caucus is being blamed for trump moving left? A. 18 republicans outside of freedom caucus (vs only 15 members of FC) were also going to vote against that terrible bill. B. Is FC to be blamed for voting the way their constituents wanted? Again 83% of Americans were against this bill. Why are we trying to tell legislative members to vote against their constituents, and with the republican establishment that trump promised drain the swamp of. GOP has control of house, senate, and whitehouse...why the hell did we aim so low with this bill. C. That bill was not the repeal trump promised, this kept at least 70% of Obamacare intact (easily more). This bill was an Obamacare repair, we should be applauding anyone who killed this bill

What other republican president would we not be angry at for running to the Dems after they don't get their way?? Trump moving left can only be blamed on TRUMP. People need to stop making excuses for him, y'all sound like mindless obama supporters.

I wonder about this. I believe now with the failure of the pathetic Trumpcare bill Trump will now lurch to the left. It is his comfortable spot. When and if this happen how many of you who were staunchly behind him will still forgive him?
I think this is a real possibility, and the Dems may know it. The "Freedom" Caucus may have shot itself and its party in the foot here.

Seems to me the only thing that would hold the Dems back could be that the vast middle of the country would like it and give Trump credit.

So they need to decide, pretty quickly here, if they're going to work with him or play to their base.

Why is it freedom caucus is being blamed for trump moving left? A. 18 republicans outside of freedom caucus (vs only 15 members of FC) were also going to vote against that terrible bill. B. Is FC to be blamed for voting the way their constituents wanted? Again 83% of Americans were against this bill. Why are we trying to tell legislative members to vote against their constituents, and with the republican establishment that trump promised drain the swamp of. GOP has control of house, senate, and whitehouse...why the hell did we aim so low with this bill. C. That bill was not the repeal trump promised, this kept at least 70% of Obamacare intact (easily more). This bill was an Obamacare repair, we should be applauding anyone who killed this bill

What other republican president would we not be angry at for running to the Dems after they don't get their way?? Trump moving left can only be blamed on TRUMP. People need to stop making excuses for him, y'all sound like mindless obama supporters.
If Trump & Co determine that the path of least resistance is to the Left, that's the way they're gonna go. Even his supporters admitted that he's not a real conservative, they were very proud that he's a deal-maker, so they can't be surprised if he determines the only deals to be made are with the Dems.

The FC can do whatever they want; so can he.

If Trump & Co determine that the path of least resistance is to the Left, that's the way they're gonna go. Even his supporters admitted that he's not a real conservative, they were very proud that he's a deal-maker, so they can't be surprised if he determines the only deals to be made are with the Dems.

No he can't do everything he wants, it's the legislative branches job to create legislation. They are an equal power to the executive branch. If trump wants to move left because he can't handle some resistance to bad policy, he's letting his voters down. He could very well become a one term president if he keeps playing these games. Again why blame FC for trump playing the games he is?

No he can't do everything he wants, it's the legislative branches job to create legislation. They are an equal power to the executive branch. If trump wants to move left because he can't handle some resistance to bad policy, he's letting his voters down. He could very well become a one term president if he keeps playing these games. Again why blame FC for trump playing the games he is?
I'm not "blaming" the FC for anything. If they want to stick to their guns and not bend, fine; that's their call. But, in the same way, Trump is under zero (0) obligation to bend for them.

Yes, the political calculation Trump & Co have to make is how much he would lose and how much he would gain from doing so. Sure.

Politically, he's between a rock and a hard place. He's essentially dealing with three parties here. So he has to decide to stay in that position or to work with the one that is most willing to work with him.

I'm not "blaming" the FC for anything. If they want to stick to their guns and not bend, fine; that's their call. But, in the same way, Trump is under zero (0) obligation to bend for them.

Yes, the political calculation Trump & Co have to make is how much he would lose and how much he would gain from doing so. Sure.

Politically, he's between a rock and a hard place. He's essentially dealing with three parties here. So he has to decide to stay in that position or to work with the one that is most willing to work with him.

You did blame them in you're first post. And those who stuck to their guns are plenty willing to work with trump, and what HE promised to voters. That bill was not what he promised. It's trump who wasn't willing to work with them. GOP owns HOUSE, SENATE, and the WHITEHOUSE. There is no reason to put out a bill that's far left of center, which is what that was, sure a little right of Obamacare, but still a bill GOP would never ever put out unless Obamacare was there. He and republican leadership backed this bill because they were afraid of dem scare tactics. If the left owned all three houses like the GOP does now, they'd never even consider the rights objections, like they did with Obama. I thought trump was supposed to be the one whose not scared of the media or any of the Dems. Clearly he is.

Trump should sit back, and let republicans vote like they did 60 times before he was in office, and do a full repeal of Obamacare...like he promised.

You did blame them in you're first post. And those who stuck to their guns are plenty willing to work with trump, and what HE promised to voters. That bill was not what he promised. It's trump who wasn't willing to work with them. GOP owns HOUSE, SENATE, and the WHITEHOUSE. There is no reason to put out a bill that's far left of center, which is what that was, sure a little right of Obamacare, but still a bill GOP would never ever put out unless Obamacare was there. He and republican leadership backed this bill because they were afraid of dem scare tactics. If the left owned all three houses like the GOP does now, they'd never even consider the rights objections, like they did with Obama. I thought trump was supposed to be the one whose not scared of the media or any of the Dems. Clearly he is.

Trump should sit back, and let republicans vote like they did 60 times before he was in office, and do a full repeal of Obamacare...like he promised.
He would. But there are many Republicans who know, who have admitted, that they don't have a replacement for the ACA. It would be political suicide. The fact that they haven't come up with a better plan in EIGHT YEARS is not Trump's fault.

Again, and I've said this multiple times, the FC can do whatever it wants. But Trump is not obligated to follow them.

He would. But there are many Republicans who know, who have admitted, that they don't have a replacement for the ACA. It would be political suicide. The fact that they haven't come up with a better plan in EIGHT YEARS is not Trump's fault.

Again, and I've said this multiple times, the FC can do whatever it wants. But Trump is not obligated to follow them.

There's plenty of good replacements legislators are coming up with. It's the Dems saying it would be political suicide. Didn't we learn from this election not to listen to what the Dems say is political suicide? And trump is obligated to either veto or pass a bill. And he does have obligation to keep he's campaign promises. That bill was not.

There's plenty of good replacements legislators are coming up with. It's the Dems saying it would be political suicide. Didn't we learn from this election not to listen to what the Dems say is political suicide? And trump is obligated to either veto or pass a bill. And he does have obligation to keep he's campaign promises. That bill was not.
No, there are not "plenty of good replacements". All we're getting is little pieces of what could go into a larger bill, maybe. Sell across state lines. HSAs (which very few people understand). Tort reform. There is no plan to point at and say "here". The best they've been able to come up with is TWEAKS to the ACA. And they have had EIGHT YEARS, while whining about the ACA, to come up with one.

The clear-thinking Republicans aren't going to jump off the cliff to please the libertarians.

No, there are not "plenty of good replacements". All we're getting is little pieces of what could go into a larger bill, maybe. Sell across state lines. HSAs (which very few people understand). Tort reform. There is no plan to point at and say "here". The best they've been able to come up with is TWEAKS to the ACA. And they have had EIGHT YEARS, while whining about the ACA, to come up with one.

The clear-thinking Republicans aren't going to jump off the cliff to please the libertarians.

You're thinking like a democrat if you think we need one all encompassing bill to drastically effect everyone's healthcare in a one size fits all format. We have never done that up until Obamacare, why should we follow in their failed policies?? And are you talking about the clear-thinking republicans who voted for repeal and repeal only SIXTY TIMES. What's changed? Were they not clearly thinking 10 months ago?

And again if they were clear thinking now...then why try to pass a bill with a 83% disapproval rate...that admittedly made premiums go up 15%-20% more than Obamacare already is raising them?

You're thinking like a democrat if you think we need one all encompassing bill to drastically effect everyone's healthcare in a one size fits all format. We have never done that up until Obamacare, why should we follow in their failed policies?? And are you talking about the clear-thinking republicans who voted for repeal and repeal only SIXTY TIMES. What's changed? Were they not clearly thinking 10 months ago?

And again if they were clear thinking now...then why try to pass a bill with a 83% disapproval rate...that admittedly made premiums go up 15%-20% more than Obamacare already is raising them?
Correct, they were not thinking clearly those 60 times they voted to repeal the ACA. They knew it was symbolic. They knew they didn't have to have a plan. Those votes were taken to satisfy their "base", not actually be responsible for anything.

Time for symbolism is over. It's time to govern. That means working together, cooperating.

Or not, that's up to the FC. But "cooperating" doesn't mean "do everything I ran on in my personal campaign or I'll take my toys and go home".

I can't stop laughing...at the dysfunctional congress full of career self centered dumb ass politicians. Trump had it right all along, DC is full of morons.

I wonder about this. I believe now with the failure of the pathetic Trumpcare bill Trump will now lurch to the left. It is his comfortable spot. When and if this happen how many of you who were staunchly behind him will still forgive him? Lets face it they already ignore his plans for more government like family care and a trillion in infrastructure spending he has claimed he is pushing for.

So far no matter what lefty thing he does it is praised by those who say they are not leftists... Yet other then a nomination of a good Judge what has he done again that is not progressive?

I know the wall.... Yet he hasn't even tried to get funding to build a wall and no Mexico is not going to pay for it.

It seems to me other then attack the media for which they deserve he hasnt really done anything that makes me feel good for voting for him....What he has done was brag and push a bill that was nothing more then Obamacare in drag.

Now I believe soon we will see him lurch heavily to the left... Why? Because he is already blaming Conservatives for them doing what they promised and not supporting more Bad healthcare bills. Now the democrats are still going to hate him but he will give them more and more to appease them.

So I guess the question is will you have buyers remorse when/if this happens?

Oh and Hillary lost so she isnt a factor anymore.
I voted for him BECAUSE he was a populist not an extremist retarded republican. Leftist to CONservatives is making sure everyone has healthcare and paid maternity leave for parents....the US is 1 of 2 countries that offers NO paid maternity leave....time to catch up with the modern world.

Forum List

Back