CDZ If they ever did ban and confiscate guns here, what would actually happen?

He brought bullets into a gun free zone. He attacked staff and fellow students. And of course we don't know what he was doing the 45 times the cops showed up at his home......

You can't justify the failure of local, state and federal law enforcment or the obama policy that kept this violent kid from being arrested.......but, you need to ban guns....so ignore the actual problem...and get back to banning the guns from people who commit no crimes....

This guy committed no crimes up until the point he shot 17 of his teachers and classmates.... that's the thing.

And we weren't arresting white kids for this sort of thing before the Obama policy.

The hidden racism of school discipline, in 7 charts

When police get involved in school discipline, students start down the "school-to-prison pipeline": Their disciplinary infractions at school turn into a criminal record. The number of school resource officers, police officers assigned to schools, has been growing fast since the 1990s.

Schools hired these officers due to concerns about school shootings and, in some places, gang violence. But a school with a school resource officer is also much more likely to refer kids to the juvenile justice system, even after controlling for outside factors, such as poverty. And nationally, the kids who are referred are disproportionately black, according to data from the Office for Civil Rights.

A 2002 study found black students are more likely to be disciplined for subjective offenses, such as defiance or loitering; white students are more likely to be disciplined for more clear-cut reasons, such as cutting class, smoking, and vandalism. And a sweeping 2012 study of discipline policies in Texas backed this up: Even after controlling for 83 other factors, black students were 31 percent more likely to be suspended for discretionary reasons, rather than because they committed infractions where suspension was a mandatory punishment. That suggests some form of implicit bias is at play that leads to harsher punishment for black students than for others.

You have been told that the police visited his home 45 times......the FBI was called on him specifically 2 times, and the school had dealt with his actual violent behaviour over and over again......

obama and his policies kept this kid from being arrested.....and that kept his name out of the background check system which allowed him to get that gun.......

This shooting had nothing to do with the owners of 600 million guns and the over 16.3 million people who carry their guns legally...

This shooting happened because of people like you joe.....who have a screwed up view of the world, that turns criminals into saints, and law abiding, good people into killers....when they have killed no one and committed no crimes...

That is why we don't trust you and what you want to do with guns....

Why would the government confiscate your guns? That is dumb and will never happen.

Put a tax on ammo. A $25.00 or $50.00 per bullet tax would do the trick. It could be used to offset Trump's infrastructure initiative.

You would also see gun crime plummet.

Cuz nobody would figure out how to reload ammunition. :cuckoo:

When I was shooting competitively, I would put upwards of 25,000 rounds down range in a single year. Never once did I purchase a new round of ammunition. 100% reused brass and reclaimed lead.

Yes....our problem is criminals......normal, law abiding people are not using their legal guns to shoot anyone or to cause crime...

That's a logical fallacy. Up until the point where he shot up all those kids, Nikolas Cruz was a "normal law-abiding citizen". He hadn't been convicted of any crime.

The same can be said of the guy who shoots his wife during an argument over who ate the last strip of bacon.

Criminals with long histories of crime and violence are the problem....repeat, violent gun offenders that people like you let out of jail, over and over again are the problem....mass shootings are tiny and rare, it is the criminals the democrats keep letting out of jail that are driving our gun crime rate......

Except most gun murders aren't committed by "Criminals", they are committed by regular folks. In fact, of the 16,000 homicides, only 2000 are "Gang related". Even assuming all of those are done with guns, they only make up a fifth of gun related homicides.

Wrong....most of the military guns in Mexico come from China and Europe.....

U.S. guns used in a majority of crimes in Mexico, Center for American Progress says

According to the analysis, the U.S. was the primary source of weapons used to commit crimes in Canada and Mexico, and U.S. weapons make up a significant portion of those used in crimesin all seven Central American nations.

The problem is most pronounced in Mexico, the report states. Nearly 70 percent of the 106,000 recovered weapons submitted to ATF from 2011 to 2016 were traced to the United States.

LOL....Normal?
Than why did the cops visit his home 39 forken times?
Why did his classmates say he was a ticking time bomb?
Why did he post up crazy shit on Facebook?
The kid was far from normal.

You have been told that the police visited his home 45 times......the FBI was called on him specifically 2 times, and the school had dealt with his actual violent behaviour over and over again......

obama and his policies kept this kid from being arrested.....and that kept his name out of the background check system which allowed him to get that gun.......

Or there was nothing to actually arrest him for. What specific CRIME did he commit? Not that his behavior was bad, but what crime did he commit? And sorry, having a knife on campus isn't really a big deal.

This shooting had nothing to do with the owners of 600 million guns and the over 16.3 million people who carry their guns legally...

Which shooting. Because we have a shooting every other day, so I'm not even sure which shooting we are talking about anymore. There's no good reason for ANY of those people to have guns, and if you guys can't find a way to keep guns away from the people who shouldn't have them, no reason to let you have them either.

This shooting happened because of people like you joe.....who have a screwed up view of the world, that turns criminals into saints, and law abiding, good people into killers....when they have killed no one and committed no crimes...

No, this happens because when you decide that gun ownership is a right, it's only a matter of time before crazy people get them and do things with them.

Cruz was a white kid who got treated like a white kid. A black kid who did the stuff he did would have gone to jail.

Yes....our problem is criminals......normal, law abiding people are not using their legal guns to shoot anyone or to cause crime...

That's a logical fallacy. Up until the point where he shot up all those kids, Nikolas Cruz was a "normal law-abiding citizen". He hadn't been convicted of any crime.

The same can be said of the guy who shoots his wife during an argument over who ate the last strip of bacon.

Criminals with long histories of crime and violence are the problem....repeat, violent gun offenders that people like you let out of jail, over and over again are the problem....mass shootings are tiny and rare, it is the criminals the democrats keep letting out of jail that are driving our gun crime rate......

Except most gun murders aren't committed by "Criminals", they are committed by regular folks. In fact, of the 16,000 homicides, only 2000 are "Gang related". Even assuming all of those are done with guns, they only make up a fifth of gun related homicides.

U.S. guns used in a majority of crimes in Mexico, Center for American Progress says

According to the analysis, the U.S. was the primary source of weapons used to commit crimes in Canada and Mexico, and U.S. weapons make up a significant portion of those used in crimesin all seven Central American nations.

The problem is most pronounced in Mexico, the report states. Nearly 70 percent of the 106,000 recovered weapons submitted to ATF from 2011 to 2016 were traced to the United States.

LOL....Normal?

Don't forget...the FBI recieved two calls that specifically said this guy was going to do a school shooting.....don't forget that.....

LOL....Normal?

Obviously, you missed the "quotes" and my point.

Of course, he wasn't normal. But under the crazy, "you have a God Given Right to own a gun" philosophy of 2AGuy and the National Rampage Association, the stuff he did wasn't good enough to deprive him of his "rights".

And yes, his family and his classmates were screaming this guy was dangerous, but man, you can't deprive someone of his "rights" because he scares you.

see the problem with treating gun ownership as a "right" yet?

Or there was nothing to actually arrest him for. What specific CRIME did he commit? Not that his behavior was bad, but what crime did he commit? And sorry, having a knife on campus isn't really a big deal.

Which shooting. Because we have a shooting every other day, so I'm not even sure which shooting we are talking about anymore. There's no good reason for ANY of those people to have guns, and if you guys can't find a way to keep guns away from the people who shouldn't have them, no reason to let you have them either.

No, this happens because when you decide that gun ownership is a right, it's only a matter of time before crazy people get them and do things with them.

Cruz was a white kid who got treated like a white kid. A black kid who did the stuff he did would have gone to jail.

He brought a knife and bullets onto campus.....an arrestable offense. He started fights against staff and students....arrestable offenses.....both arrests would have kept him from passing the background check....

And 45 visits by local cops.....you .......wow.....you really, really need help.....

Wrong...obama's policy made sure that violent criminals in this school were not arrested by the police....

LOL....Normal?

Don't forget...the FBI recieved two calls that specifically said this guy was going to do a school shooting.....don't forget that.....

Yeah,but he was just a normal kid.:blowup:

From who? How credible was the accusation?

When did the FBI get involved in that?

I heard the actual call to the FBI where the caller stated she was in contact with the shooter and that his general threats about doing a mass shooting had changed to he was going to do one....and they ignored her....

LOL....Normal?

Of course, he wasn't normal. But under the crazy, "you have a God Given Right to own a gun" philosophy of 2AGuy and the National Rampage Association, the stuff he did wasn't good enough to deprive him of his "rights".

And yes, his family and his classmates were screaming this guy was dangerous, but man, you can't deprive someone of his "rights" because he scares you.

This is all on the cops and the feds. They knew he was dangerous and did nothing.

LOL....Normal?

This is all on the cops and the feds. They knew he was dangerous and did nothing.

And obama.....he gave them the policy that kept them from arresting this guy...over and over again....

He also called the police on himself and should have been put into a mental ward for 24 hours of evaluation...which would also have kept him from getting the gun....

This call....along with all the other cop calls on the house for violent and dangerous behavior should have had him under mandatory psyche evaluation........

Tipster’s Warning to F.B.I. on Florida Shooting Suspect: ‘I Know He’s Going to Explode’

Three months before the Feb. 14 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, a family friend dialed 911 to tell the Palm Beach County sheriff’s office about Mr. Cruz’s personal arsenal. “I need someone here because I’m afraid he comes back and he has a lot of weapons,” the friend said.

Mr. Cruz, 19, himself called the authorities just after Thanksgiving, describing how he had been in a fight and was struggling with the death of his mother. “The thing is I lost my mother a couple of weeks ago, so like I am dealing with a bunch of things right now,” he said in a childlike voice, sounding agitated and out of breath.

He brought a knife and bullets onto campus.....an arrestable offense.

Okay, that's like a $5.00 fine.
He started fights against staff and students....arrestable offenses.....both arrests would have kept him from passing the background check....

No, you would actually need a CONVICTION to keep him from buying a gun. But again, we don't arrest white kids in this country, that was the point.

And 45 visits by local cops.....you .......wow.....you really, really need help.....

And Zero arrests... no help needed.

Wrong...obama's policy made sure that violent criminals in this school were not arrested by the police....

Except they had no real grounds to arrest him.... Come on, guy, either he broke the law or he didn't.

Why would the government confiscate your guns? That is dumb and will never happen.

Put a tax on ammo. A $25.00 or $50.00 per bullet tax would do the trick. It could be used to offset Trump's infrastructure initiative.

You would also see gun crime plummet.

Cuz nobody would figure out how to reload ammunition. :cuckoo:

When I was shooting competitively, I would put upwards of 25,000 rounds down range in a single year. Never once did I purchase a new round of ammunition. 100% reused brass and reclaimed lead.
Fine let everyone do that for their ammo. Let's do the tax.

Three months before the Feb. 14 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, a family friend dialed 911 to tell the Palm Beach County sheriff’s office about Mr. Cruz’s personal arsenal. “I need someone here because I’m afraid he comes back and he has a lot of weapons,” the friend said.

Mr. Cruz, 19, himself called the authorities just after Thanksgiving, describing how he had been in a fight and was struggling with the death of his mother. “The thing is I lost my mother a couple of weeks ago, so like I am dealing with a bunch of things right now,” he said in a childlike voice, sounding agitated and out of breath.

and despite all that, he was still able to buy guns and no one took his guns away from him, because he had a 'Right" to own a gun.

You see the problem here. If they had confiscated his guns before he killed anyone, you'd be the first one here screaming about how they were taking away his Constitutional Rights on a frivolous basis. Law enforcement can't win with you guys. They act aggressively, you guys accuse them of violating the God Given Rights of White People.

They don't act, and when one of these ticking time bombs go off, you complain how they didn't do their jobs which you guys made very difficult to do to start with.

I heard the actual call to the FBI where the caller stated she was in contact with the shooter and that his general threats about doing a mass shooting had changed to he was going to do one....and they ignored her....

And what federal law were they supposed to arrest him under, the "Your Neighbor is Really, Really Scared of You Act of 1974"

If we arrested people for saying crazy thing on the internet out of context, we could round up half the membership of USMB.

and despite all that, he was still able to buy guns and no one took his guns away from him, because he had a 'Right" to own a gun.

You see the problem here. If they had confiscated his guns before he killed anyone, you'd be the first one here screaming about how they were taking away his Constitutional Rights on a frivolous basis. Law enforcement can't win with you guys. They act aggressively, you guys accuse them of violating the God Given Rights of White People.

They don't act, and when one of these ticking time bombs go off, you complain how they didn't do their jobs which you guys made very difficult to do to start with.

No....they failed......the local, state and federal cops, obama, the democrats...they failed, at all levels.......

And what federal law were they supposed to arrest him under, the "Your Neighbor is Really, Really Scared of You Act of 1974"

If we arrested people for saying crazy thing on the internet out of context, we could round up half the membership of USMB.

Making terrorist threats dumb ass.......you can't do that and since it was on the internet, it became a federal matter....

Forum List

Back