If There Was A Mouse In Your House, Would You Kill It?

there's a mouse in your house. you...

• get a non-kill trap and set it free in the woods

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • get a snap/glue trap and kill it

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
The mice I catch I usually train and then send them to Mouseville down in Florida to become circus mice
They charge a Dime a piece, two cents for the kids. And inside the tent there's this mouse city made out of boxes and toilet paper rolls. Plus they got the Mouseville All-Star Circus. There's mice that swing on trapeze, mice that roll barrels, mice that stack coins...

Last edited:
If they get in the house and can survive being eaten by two dogs and two cats, they've got moxy and I trap them and set them free.

Let the mole who ate a hole in the bottom of the garage door, feasted on dog food, and ended up stuck in a deep bucket go too.

Spiders and I have an understanding ... I leave them alone if they stay outside where they belong. If they break the rule and enter the house, RAID!!! Millionleggers are dead no matter what. Ick.

spider.jpg

This would be me. Hate those buggers.

would you kill a mouse, or set it free in the woods?

set it free in the woods - my cats keep mice away but the idea of using a glue trap on any little creature is unthinkable. Anyone using such methods to catch a rodent are either unaware of the suffering it causes or have no heart in my opinion. I cannot even bear to think of something caught in one of those. Horrific. Truly horrific! How would you like to be caught in a glue trap out and incapable of getting free of it short of chewing your own legs off?

Bless their little hearts! Cute photo, Zoomboing! I love my cats but I have told both of them - your food is inside the house. You do not need to be killing any birds or mice or squirrels outside. They always have food in their bowl and fresh water and they get plenty of treats. They eat very well. My one cat sits in the one tree that is right there in front of our patio and does not leave the yard. She had a traumatic experience once and got herself locked inside an abandoned shed in the neighborhood. My husband was frantic. I could not help him in searching for her because I am recovering from an accident and confined to bed. I prayed for my cat and asked the LORD to bring her back. Then the next morning the LORD led my husband directly to that shed on a back road behind our property and he heard her meowing in there. She had been trapped in there for a full day and night! He pried open a small spot on the shed and went back home to get a flash light. By the time he got home there was Elijah! She was pretty humble when she came back to see me in my room and I told her that is it for you. Do not leave the yard. She has never left again. My husband says she only sits in that one tree and stays inside the fence line. Animals sometimes learn obedience by the things they suffer too. ( I believe )

Kill The Vermin!

Otherwise, they keep coming back.

I didn't see anything in the two options for peeling yourself off of the ceiling and then taking a broom and beating it out of the door.

I've had problems with mice - living in a wooded area, in a log cabin - it's not surprising. Someone once convinced me that "glue traps" were more "humane". That lasted until I saw my first mouse caugh in one and still alive. A lovely little big eyed creature. I managed to "unglue it" and let it go. From that point on - I used regular traps that kill them immediately. Then I got my cats. Mouse population is now in manageable numbers - and I'm fine with that. Flying squirrels though - that's another problem ;)

If you can set them free in the woods or that unruley neighbors yard thats fine but most likely if you think you have mice
in the plural you are better off geeting an exterminator or setting quick kill traps. Its nothing to play with. Sometimes if you feed them after midnight or get them wet they turn into gremlins, but usually what happens is they find a warm place to build a nest inside your wall like right next to an electrical box because if it gets a lot of use the current makes it warm, then picture the mouse chewing on the electrical wires and then picture its little nest going up in little flames which then become bigger flames and then even bigger flames once your house burns down. Of course this is just the worst case scenario but its still not a pretyy picture.

Forum List

Back