If the media keeps this up, someone’s gonna get killed

Does the media treat Trump as fairly as they have other presidents?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
Limbaugh spent decades working to bring our country to this point. Now he’s hoping he doesn’t have to reap what he has sown.

As for the media’s treatment of Trump; he’s the one who set the table.

No good reason for the media to deem Trump “kidnapper of children” like Vanity Fair did. No good reason to put all the blame on Trump for separating families when others deserve blame too. No good reason to compare the border crisis to Nazi Germany when it’s literally not the same thing whatsoever. It’s not the media’s job to influence you to think a certain way and that’s what they’re trying to do and for many (you included) their rhetoric has worked. Their job is to report the news. Can you honestly tell me they’re not going beyond that in their coverage of Trump?

The media has A LOT of power. You and other Trump haters are proof of just how horrible the consequences of that power can be. Your hate for a man you don’t know and will never meet boggles my mind and a lot of it is based on hearsay and the opinions of strangers.
Too bad you hate the free press and free speech so much. It's an American thing. Why do you hate America so much?

Can you people ever come up with compelling arguments?
The compelling argument is that you do not have any grasp of the history of the free press in America. You would have to go back to the days of our founding, well, actually, since before the founding to recognize how the founding changed the press into a free press that operates the way it does today. You would have to read publications by Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Paine as examples.
Those publications were full of commentary and opinion.

It's not the media treats Trump poorly. But they have fact checked him more than any other president. I guess to Trumpsters speaking the truth may seem like being harsh. But perhaps if Trump would tell the truth for on and stop embarrassing us in front of the world, the media wouldn't have to fact check him.

Here is what one group would say about a free press:

“It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.”
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

“All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.”
Vladimir Lenin, Revolution!: Sayings of Vladimir Lenin

And then there is another:

“No government ought to be without censors: and where the press is free, no one ever will. If virtuous, it need not fear the fair operation of attack and defence. Nature has given to man no other means of sifting out the truth either in religion, law, or politics. I think it as honorable to the government neither to know, nor notice, it’s sycophants or censors, as it would be undignified and criminal to pamper the former and persecute the latter.”
Thomas Jefferson, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Volume 24: 1 June-31 December 1792

"To the press alone, chequered as it is with abuses, the world is indebted for all the triumphs which have been gained by reason and humanity over error and oppression." - James Madison

So just curious... what side are you on? Who does Trump sound more like?

The press isn’t doing their job, they’re abusing their power and THAT is what I have a problem with. I support the media as long as they do what they’re supposed to do. Influencing public opinion by reporting the facts and influencing public opinion by manipulating the facts while journalists allow personal bias to color their reporting are two different things.
Our founders defined what the free press is. We don't need you to redefine it.

I’m not redefining it. The media is doing that all on their own. Why is it so hard to admit the press doesn’t treat Trump as fairly as presidents before him? If you think they couldn’t have ruined Obama if they’d wanted to, you’re dead wrong. Everyone has skeletons in their closet and Obama is no different. If the majority of the media had been openly disdainful of Obama and continually brought out into the open morally questionable things in his past for no other reason than to undermine his rule, you’d have noticed it. Instead they did the opposite. They protected Obama more than anything (not counting Fox News of course).

This is not difficult to see, even if you hate Trump... that is unless you don’t WANT to see it.

Limbaugh spent decades working to bring our country to this point. Now he’s hoping he doesn’t have to reap what he has sown.

As for the media’s treatment of Trump; he’s the one who set the table.

No good reason for the media to deem Trump “kidnapper of children” like Vanity Fair did. No good reason to put all the blame on Trump for separating families when others deserve blame too. No good reason to compare the border crisis to Nazi Germany when it’s literally not the same thing whatsoever. It’s not the media’s job to influence you to think a certain way and that’s what they’re trying to do and for many (you included) their rhetoric has worked. Their job is to report the news. Can you honestly tell me they’re not going beyond that in their coverage of Trump?

The media has A LOT of power. You and other Trump haters are proof of just how horrible the consequences of that power can be. Your hate for a man you don’t know and will never meet boggles my mind and a lot of it is based on hearsay and the opinions of strangers.
Too bad you hate the free press and free speech so much. It's an American thing. Why do you hate America so much?

Can you people ever come up with compelling arguments?
The compelling argument is that you do not have any grasp of the history of the free press in America. You would have to go back to the days of our founding, well, actually, since before the founding to recognize how the founding changed the press into a free press that operates the way it does today. You would have to read publications by Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Paine as examples.
Those publications were full of commentary and opinion.

You don’t get it. You just don’t get it at all.

I remember a time not too long ago, when the news reported the facts and left drawing conclusions up to the people. Pretty sure the morph into the current sad state of affairs was after the 90s.

It’s interesting that those who disagree with me are assuming I hate the press. I don’t hate them, but I do hate what they’re doing right now and what they’ve become.

Do any of you have any idea how close-minded people have become? More people than not only believe news that comes from sources whose sentiment they agree with and ANYTHING else they label garbage and won’t give the time of day. This is a vehemently asinine frame of mind to have and it doesn’t help when prominent figures openly bash news organizations who report news they’d rather not consume, including when Trump does this—though I can hardly blame him.

America is becoming dumber by the day. This inability to see how damaging the anti-Trump press is to the country as a whole is evidence enough of this.

“It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.”
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

“All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.”

“No government ought to be without censors: and where the press is free, no one ever will. If virtuous, it need not fear the fair operation of attack and defence. Nature has given to man no other means of sifting out the truth either in religion, law, or politics. I think it as honorable to the government neither to know, nor notice, it’s sycophants or censors, as it would be undignified and criminal to pamper the former and persecute the latter.”
Thomas Jefferson, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Volume 24: 1 June-31 December 1792

"To the press alone, chequered as it is with abuses, the world is indebted for all the triumphs which have been gained by reason and humanity over error and oppression." - James Madison

The press isn’t doing their job, they’re abusing their power and THAT is what I have a problem with. I support the media as long as they do what they’re supposed to do. Influencing public opinion by reporting the facts and influencing public opinion by manipulating the facts while journalists allow personal bias to color their reporting are two different things.

I’m not redefining it. The media is doing that all on their own. Why is it so hard to admit the press doesn’t treat Trump as fairly as presidents before him? If you think they couldn’t have ruined Obama if they’d wanted to, you’re dead wrong. Everyone has skeletons in their closet and Obama is no different. If the majority of the media had been openly disdainful of Obama and continually brought out into the open morally questionable things in his past for no other reason than to undermine his rule, you’d have noticed it. Instead they did the opposite. They protected Obama more than anything (not counting Fox News of course).

This is not difficult to see, even if you hate Trump... that is unless you don’t WANT to see it.
You are the one who doesn't get it. It is not for you to tell the owner or owners of a news source to be pro or con, positive or negative to a politician. It is the prerogative of the owner or owners to publish what they want and how they want. That is called freedom. If you don't like it start your own publication or support the one you like. Don't tell other people how they should run their news publication. Live with freedom and deal with it.

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

You are the one who doesn't get it. It is not for you to tell the owner or owners of a news source to be pro or con, positive or negative to a politician. It is the prerogative of the owner or owners to publish what they want and how they want. That is called freedom. If you don't like it start your own publication or support the one you like. Don't tell other people how they should run their news publication. Live with freedom and deal with it.

I don’t like it so I choose to speak out about it, which is MY RIGHT to free speech. Also I never said it was up to be to tell outlets how to report the news. It’s not my fault you refuse to see the obvious that the media is abusing their power by feeding into a hate machine.

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

I don’t like it so I choose to speak out about it, which is MY RIGHT to free speech. Also I never said it was up to be to tell outlets how to report the news. It’s not my fault you refuse to see the obvious that the media is abusing their power by feeding into a hate machine.
Did you know that the Chicago Tribune published America's contingency plans for war against Germany one week before Pearl Harbor and that Hitler used the leaked documents when he Declared War on America.
You are giving uneducated lectures about free speech in America. The press has a history of abusing power on occasion. It is the price of freedom. America had to drastically change it's plans for WWII because the Tribune published those leaked plans but the government did not punish the Tribune or retaliated against the Tribune. They respected and honored the free press. There is no reason to change just because Donald Trump the Liar in Chief is President.

Forum List

Back