If the media keeps this up, someone’s gonna get killed

Does the media treat Trump as fairly as they have other presidents?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
Here is what one group would say about a free press:

“It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.”
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

“All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.”
Vladimir Lenin, Revolution!: Sayings of Vladimir Lenin

And then there is another:

“No government ought to be without censors: and where the press is free, no one ever will. If virtuous, it need not fear the fair operation of attack and defence. Nature has given to man no other means of sifting out the truth either in religion, law, or politics. I think it as honorable to the government neither to know, nor notice, it’s sycophants or censors, as it would be undignified and criminal to pamper the former and persecute the latter.”
Thomas Jefferson, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Volume 24: 1 June-31 December 1792

"To the press alone, chequered as it is with abuses, the world is indebted for all the triumphs which have been gained by reason and humanity over error and oppression." - James Madison

So just curious... what side are you on? Who does Trump sound more like?

Informative post rendered completely inane by your POTUS is a Nazi insinuation. The modern press so obviously sabotages both sides on a 24/7 basis. The press is and always has been a political apparatchik. You're just unhappy because a democrat isn't sitting in the white house facing policies sabotage by right leaning media. Time to autorotate in on the Nazi name calling.

Lenin isn't a Nazi. I didn't say anything other than asking a question and passing along the wisdom of these leaders. Why can't you just answer the question and be honest about it?

Fair enough.

I'll assume your innocence in posting the mustachioed guy up top to be viewed first.

That being said, our POTUS has repeatedly criticized openly dishonest reporting in a manner that is similar to your comrade Lenin's quote, by exercising his own right to free speech. The day he orders the asshole media shot for exercising freedom of speech you may have a valid point on your hands. However, comparing Donald Trump to a murderer of millions by leading the reader of your post to said conclusion by insinuation again renders your entire post inane, and I'm being nice about it. You do history and the memory of those who perished under Soviet rule a great disservice.

No he was up top because the quotes were in alphabetical order on the page.

Funny, folks want to blame the media when chat rooms and message boards like this one allow and facilitate discussions about murdering and shooting people.
And what the liar omits, is that it all revolves around what was said in the media. Funny how you trolls leave that out, huh?
We have a murder the immigrant thread being facilitated right now at this site. We have posters calling for shooting people right now. This has nothing to do with the big bad media, unless you count sites like this as the media.
You lie! It's all about the media! Where do you think scum like you get your stories from so you can be outraged? You liars are the ones fanning this bullshit! You!
What statement in my post was a lie? The post is actually comprised of two undeniable facts followed by a subjective conclusive opinion. Not a lie in the entire post.
Keep it up criminal. Keep it up!

The media threw out any pretense of objectivity the minute Trump got on the escalator.

And notice how many on the Left no longer even try to pretend the media is objective at this point. They used to claim, "of COURSE the media is objective"; now they'll often say "so who says it has to be objective?"

A republic that can't trust its press is in trouble.

Democrats are using every opportunity to blame Trump for the immigration policies that Obama upheld. Here are the facts on who was separating families first.

Limbaugh spent decades working to bring our country to this point. Now he’s hoping he doesn’t have to reap what he has sown.

As for the media’s treatment of Trump; he’s the one who set the table.

No good reason for the media to deem Trump “kidnapper of children” like Vanity Fair did. No good reason to put all the blame on Trump for separating families when others deserve blame too. No good reason to compare the border crisis to Nazi Germany when it’s literally not the same thing whatsoever. It’s not the media’s job to influence you to think a certain way and that’s what they’re trying to do and for many (you included) their rhetoric has worked. Their job is to report the news. Can you honestly tell me they’re not going beyond that in their coverage of Trump?

The media has A LOT of power. You and other Trump haters are proof of just how horrible the consequences of that power can be. Your hate for a man you don’t know and will never meet boggles my mind and a lot of it is based on hearsay and the opinions of strangers.
Look at you, about to cry about the public backlash against Trump kidnapping children, and completely mum on Trump kidnapping children. Pathetic.

Look at you: lying that Trump is kidnapping children. PATHETIC

Limbaugh spent decades working to bring our country to this point. Now he’s hoping he doesn’t have to reap what he has sown.

No good reason for the media to deem Trump “kidnapper of children” like Vanity Fair did. No good reason to put all the blame on Trump for separating families when others deserve blame too. No good reason to compare the border crisis to Nazi Germany when it’s literally not the same thing whatsoever. It’s not the media’s job to influence you to think a certain way and that’s what they’re trying to do and for many (you included) their rhetoric has worked. Their job is to report the news. Can you honestly tell me they’re not going beyond that in their coverage of Trump?

The media has A LOT of power. You and other Trump haters are proof of just how horrible the consequences of that power can be. Your hate for a man you don’t know and will never meet boggles my mind and a lot of it is based on hearsay and the opinions of strangers.
Too bad you hate the free press and free speech so much. It's an American thing. Why do you hate America so much?

Can you people ever come up with compelling arguments?

Look at you, about to cry about the public backlash against Trump kidnapping children, and completely mum on Trump kidnapping children. Pathetic.

He’s not anymore since he pussed out like a little bitch. Decency wins, you lose :fu:

You’ve obviously never listened to Limbaugh a day in your life.
Listened to plenty. He’s spent decades radicalizing you all and convincing you that anybody woth a different opinion is a traitor that wants to destroy the nation. All the partisanship we have now, Rush was a key player in creating it.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. NO IDEA. I only listen to Rush maybe once a month for prob less than half an hour and that’s bc I like the way he breaks things down. Listening to someone’s interpretation of events is a completely normal thing to do. He’s not radicalizing me LOL unlike the mindless sheep I can think for myself. I’m not even conservative. I’m a moderate who just happens to not hate Trump.

“It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.”
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

“All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.”

“No government ought to be without censors: and where the press is free, no one ever will. If virtuous, it need not fear the fair operation of attack and defence. Nature has given to man no other means of sifting out the truth either in religion, law, or politics. I think it as honorable to the government neither to know, nor notice, it’s sycophants or censors, as it would be undignified and criminal to pamper the former and persecute the latter.”
Thomas Jefferson, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Volume 24: 1 June-31 December 1792

"To the press alone, chequered as it is with abuses, the world is indebted for all the triumphs which have been gained by reason and humanity over error and oppression." - James Madison

The press isn’t doing their job, they’re abusing their power and THAT is what I have a problem with. I support the media as long as they do what they’re supposed to do. Influencing public opinion by reporting the facts and influencing public opinion by manipulating the facts while journalists allow personal bias to color their reporting are two different things.

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

The press isn’t doing their job, they’re abusing their power and THAT is what I have a problem with. I support the media as long as they do what they’re supposed to do. Influencing public opinion by reporting the facts and influencing public opinion by manipulating the facts while journalists allow personal bias to color their reporting are two different things.
And here I thought listening to someone’s interpretation of events is completely normal :lmao:

There is no valid comparison between Rush Limbaugh and the ENTIRE Leftist Media machine. He is one guy with a radio show. Weigh that against the enormous reach and power of TV network news and social media. Give me a break.
He WAS one guy with a radio show. Now he’s part of a massive propaganda network.

These days, pretty much all news is propaganda. It’s inescapable.

Lol
Says the fool how relies on fake news like cnn...

Funny, folks want to blame the media when chat rooms and message boards like this one allow and facilitate discussions about murdering and shooting people.
And what the liar omits, is that it all revolves around what was said in the media. Funny how you trolls leave that out, huh?
We have a murder the immigrant thread being facilitated right now at this site. We have posters calling for shooting people right now. This has nothing to do with the big bad media, unless you count sites like this as the media.
You lie! It's all about the media! Where do you think scum like you get your stories from so you can be outraged? You liars are the ones fanning this bullshit! You!
What statement in my post was a lie? The post is actually comprised of two undeniable facts followed by a subjective conclusive opinion. Not a lie in the entire post.
Keep it up criminal. Keep it up!
What does that even mean? Is it some kind of threat?

Lol
Most every mass shooter is a progressive nutjob...

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Our founders defined what the free press is. We don't need you to redefine it.

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

...and yet no other country has the freedom of speech, Political correctness wants to eliminate that right

He’s not anymore since he pussed out like a little bitch. Decency wins, you lose :fu:

He never was and you got nothing. All you do is sling insults which gives me a great idea of how little is going on in that head of yours. Insinuating I’m stupid and/or a hypocrite whilst giving me the finger with an emoji cartoon are not going to convince me you know what you’re talking about, but rather the opposite. Continue to bash and insult me. Don’t care don’t care don’t care don’t care bc it’s all you got.

Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

And here I thought listening to someone’s interpretation of events is completely normal :lmao:

Political commentating and reporting the “facts” while showcasing obvious bias are separate things. Not that I expect for you to understand this. Throw another emoji my way, huh? That’ll show me!

He never was and you got nothing. All you do is sling insults which gives me a great idea of how little is going on in that head of yours. Insinuating I’m stupid and/or a hypocrite whilst giving me the finger with an emoji cartoon are not going to convince me you know what you’re talking about, but rather the opposite. Continue to bash and insult me. Don’t care don’t care don’t care don’t care bc it’s all you got.
He never was? Then I guess his EO rescinding his orders are just a figment of all our imaginations.

Soooo stupid. Unbelievable.

Forum List

Back