If the falcons were smart,they would hire Romeo Crennel as defensive coordinater

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
Been meaning to post this for some time but havent made it over to the sports section.Since I have though,if The Falcons were smart and really wanted to get to the superbowl,they would hire on Romeo Crennel as their defensive coordinater.Man if they did that,they would actually have a scary defense.

Thats the problem with The Falcons is no offense fears that defense.They have an excellent offense that puts up big numbers on the boards, but they give up almost as many points as they score because they just dont have a good defensive coordinater.

It was no surprise whatsoever to me in the playoffs after getting off to a hot start on offense they almost blew it and almost went one and done again in the first round after their defense let the seahawks offense get back into the game in the second half.

I was watching that game with a friend of mine and the falcons got off to a hot start of course in the first half so my friend thinking it was going to be a blowout,left fot grocery store to get some more food and when he came back,he couldnt believe it was a close game.

I myself knew that would happen because them being one of my favorite teams,i watched alot of their games and their defense always lets them back into it. one of their last games of the year was agains the Lions and even THEY made it close towards the end of the game.This is THE LIONS we are talking about.a really bad team.

The ONLY reason the falcons did not go one and done again and have their defense let the offence come back and win the game again is because Pete carrol made the ignorant decison to try and ice the kicker calling for a timeout before he tried the kick which he missed allowing the kicker to try again and redeem himself.

when they faced the 49ers,it was the same old story again.The Flacons defense let the 49ers offense back into the game again after their offense got off to a hot start and this time,they didnt have luck on their side again and this time,the defense could not hold off the opposing offense into scoring more points than they did.

Give the falcons a GOOD defensive coordinater like Romeo Crennel who is available right now I believe,give the falcons an actual GOOD defensive coordinater,and that defense would be scary as would the whole team.right now,nobody fears that defense.

I am SOOOOoooo...... looking forward to the Nov 10th rematch in Atlanta. My Hawks have a home game on the 3rd against Tampon Bay. That will be just a tune up and a nice rest before flying across the country to absofuckintootly destroy the Falcoons in WETF you call your stadium.

I can't fuckin wait! There will be no 26 seconds and a second try for a field goal on that day.

I can gaurandamntee that 11/10 will be circled all season on every Seahawk players calender.

There will be no short week, best sacker injured, two flights cross country in 5 days playing a team that has had two weeks to prepare and rest..BULLSHIT to deal with.

The Seattle Seahawks are going to go into Atlanta and simply embarrass the Falcons.

That is all.

Yeah if the falcons stay pat and keep Mike Nolan as their defensive coordinater then yeah,the game wont even be close.The Hawks will roll all over them.I guess nobody here is a falcons fan since your the only one that has replied.The falcons if they were wise,they would get rid of Nolan,he always lets Like I said,thanks to him,the other teams are able to score as many if not more points against his defense.even non dangerous teams with offense that are not a threat can put up big points against them.cant believe tony gonzalez came back when he should no by now,thats the closest he will ever get to a superbowl.should have just been happy that he finally won a playoff game.

Im with you though on that falcons/seahawks game.like we talked about before,after the hawsk blew out the 49ers,they got complacent and their heads got too big thinking they could just show up and they could beat anybody.Im sure they have matured since then and now know thats not the case and they will go all out this time to and not come in with the same mindset that they can just show up and they will win.they will be so pumped this time,i dont expect it to even be a close game this time around either.

Oddly enough the Vegas money guys have set the bar high as a kite for the Seahawks.

No they DITANT!!! Yes they did. The odds makers published the first house wagers for the 2013 NFL season and they have the Hawks winning 14 outright...losing one to SF in SF and a toss up.. A TOSS UP in Atlanta.. Those guys are out of thier MINDS !!! No worries... By the time our game with Cant-lanta rolls around the NFL betters will know what time it is.. :lol:

getting back to the topic of this thread,i know your not a Falcons fan obviously,but do you agree with me? that if the falcons got Crennel as a defensive coordinater,they would be dangerous on defense? See the falcons got to the NFC championship game and have been in the playoffs the last few years not because of Mike Nolan their defensive coordinater,but IN SPITE OF HIM agreed?

Its just like the denver broncos in their two superbowls. they won those two superbowls not because of their defensive coordinater greg robinson they had,but they got there and won them DESPITE the fact they had him as their defensive coordinater.

John Elway in their offense they had was abl;e to overcome his incompetence as a defensive coordianater.when Dick Vermeil hired him as their defensive coordianater for the chiefs because of his knowledge of the AFC west,i about fell out of my chair laughing that vermeil could be stupid enough to think the chiefs could get to the superbowl with him as the coordinater.:D:lol::lmao::lmao:

the chiefs offense scored a bunch of points against the colts offense in their playoff game at home but manning had his way with the chiefs defense and it was the first time in history in a playof game that no team punted and the chiefs of course lost that game .:lmao: when manning had to go to NE and play the patriots,he threw 4 interceptions because he wasnt playing agaisnt greg robinsons defense this time around.:D

same thing with the raiders,they got to the superbowl that year not BECAUSE of their defensive coordinater,but IN SPITE of him.when theu finally got wise and fired him,i could only laugh when the bengals made him their defensive coordianter.Their defense was horrible under him and gave up the most points in the AFC uthat year under him but once they got wise and got rid of him as well and got a new defensive coordianter,the bengals defense got good.:D

so again,do you agree with me that if the falcons got rid of Nolan their defensive coordinater, and made Romeo Crennal the new defensive coordinater,their defense would be a force to be reckoned with? except against your seahawks of course.every other team they would though,agreed?:D:D

Last edited:
getting back to the topic of this thread,i know your not a Falcons fan obviously,but do you agree with me? that if the falcons got Crennel as a defensive coordinater,they would be dangerous on defense? See the falcons got to the NFC championship game and have been in the playoffs the last few years not because of Mike Nolan their defensive coordinater,but IN SPITE OF HIM agreed?

Its just like the denver broncos in their two superbowls. they won those two superbowls not because of their defensive coordinater greg robinson they had,but they got there and won them DESPITE the fact they had him as their defensive coordinater.

John Elway in their offense they had was abl;e to overcome his incompetence as a defensive coordianater.when Dick Vermeil hired him as their defensive coordianater for the chiefs because of his knowledge of the AFC west,i about fell out of my chair laughing that vermeil could be stupid enough to think the chiefs could get to the superbowl with him as the coordinater.:D:lol::lmao::lmao:

the chiefs offense scored a bunch of points against the colts offense in their playoff game at home but manning had his way with the chiefs defense and it was the first time in history in a playof game that no team punted and the chiefs of course lost that game .:lmao: when manning had to go to NE and play the patriots,he threw 4 interceptions because he wasnt playing agaisnt greg robinsons defense this time around.:D

same thing with the raiders,they got to the superbowl that year not BECAUSE of their defensive coordinater,but IN SPITE of him.when theu finally got wise and fired him,i could only laugh when the bengals made him their defensive coordianter.Their defense was horrible under him and gave up the most points in the AFC uthat year under him but once they got wise and got rid of him as well and got a new defensive coordianter,the bengals defense got good.:D

so again,do you agree with me that if the falcons got rid of Nolan their defensive coordinater, and made Romeo Crennal the new defensive coordinater,their defense would be a force to be reckoned with? except against your seahawks of course.every other team they would though,agreed?:D:D

I don't know that much about Crennel. Why do you think the Falcons sucked at defense last season? They had one of the best records in the NFL. They held Seattle almost scoreless in the first half of the playoff game. Wilson tore em up and went ahead in the second half but that's Wilson. He's just THAT good. They lost to SF but Kaepernick is really special also. I don't know that ANY team is going to go out and beat Seattle and the 9ers back to back in the playoffs..even at home.

Do you think the defensive calls over the season were bogus? If you believe that and the head coach agrees he would have already replaced the DC. SF was 11-4-1 at the end of the season but near undefeated with Kaepernick who only played in the last 7 games of the regular season. If He had played the whole year they quite likely would have had a much better record. Colin Kaepernick was a LOT better than Smith.

Matty "Ice" is a good QB with a lot of weapons but he isn't the threat of CK or RW. You can't just put it on the defense on what happened against the Seahawks and the 9ers. Ryan had his chances to blow out the Seahawks in the second half and outscore Kaepernick and co. in the 9er game. He did not.

I don't know that much about Crennel. Why do you think the Falcons sucked at defense last season? They had one of the best records in the NFL. They held Seattle almost scoreless in the first half of the playoff game. Wilson tore em up and went ahead in the second half but that's Wilson. He's just THAT good. They lost to SF but Kaepernick is really special also. I don't know that ANY team is going to go out and beat Seattle and the 9ers back to back in the playoffs..even at home.

Do you think the defensive calls over the season were bogus? If you believe that and the head coach agrees he would have already replaced the DC. SF was 11-4-1 at the end of the season but near undefeated with Kaepernick who only played in the last 7 games of the regular season. If He had played the whole year they quite likely would have had a much better record. Colin Kaepernick was a LOT better than Smith.

Matty "Ice" is a good QB with a lot of weapons but he isn't the threat of CK or RW. You can't just put it on the defense on what happened against the Seahawks and the 9ers. Ryan had his chances to blow out the Seahawks in the second half and outscore Kaepernick and co. in the 9er game. He did not.

Well Im a falcons fan only because of Tony Gonzalez.Him being the best tight end in the history of the game, I would like to see him get to the superbowl.

as much as i wanted to see your Hawks win that game,since they lost,I was then rooting for the falcons to go all the way and win it all so I have watched and followed alot of the Hawks games the last couple years, especially this past season.

are you kidding? if you watched as many falcons games as i did last year,you would know they sucked on defense.:lmao:Yeah you mean they had the BEST record in the NFL actually.But you ignored my points I brought up.they didnt have the best record in the NFL because of their defense,it was because of their offense putting up such big numbers.

AGAIN,the denver broncos got to those two superbowls in Elways final two years NOT because of their defense but because of their offense and John Elway.They got there DESPITE Greg Robinsons defense.like the falcons,theuir defense would always give up almost as many points as their offense scored because of greg robinson.

Same with the raiders,the raiders got to the superbowl against the tampa bay bucs because of rich gannon and their offense.the raiders defense also gave up almost as many points as the raiders scored so like the broncos,they got their in SPITE of their defensive coordinater,not because of him.The falcons followed the same pattern as the raiders and broncos.

Yeah but you arent aware that thats the way the falcons defense was against ALL teams,even the lousy ones that did not have a dangerous offense.:D and its because of Mike Nolans schemes.

Seattle and the niners defenses are the best defenses in the league so thats kinda unfair to Ryan to make that comparison.Its true that the falcons should have won that game against the niners and lost because Matty choked in the end taking his eye off the ball and not watching it being hiked to him instead looking downfield while it was being snapped to him which led to the niners winning score in that game.

However like I said,it wasnt against JUST those two teams that the falcons defense choked and gave up a bunch of points in the second half.If that was the case,then yeah,I would say the falcons have a good defense but that wasnt the case. I was wacthing two of their games at the end of the season against the Lions and Tampa Bay Bucs.Two teams that hardly have dangerous offenses.:D

and true to form,just like in the niners and seahawks game,the falcons scored a bunch of points in the first half but in the second half,Nolan went to his prevent defense-the defense that prevents you from winning the game and allowed the Lions to make it close game in the seond half and come back and make it interesting.they barely won when their offense had to bail them out in the end after their defense allowed them to get back into the game.same with the tampa bay bucs and THIS time they lost in the final game of the seaons and they even said they went all out and tried to win it all.

I mean come on.the LIONS offense and the tampa bay bucs offense? The tampa bay bucs offense had struggled all year long and then it came alive and won a game it had no business winning against a playoff hungry team in the final game of the season. yeah kapernick and wilson are special quarterbacks,but John Freeman of the bucs and Matt whats his name of the Lions-see I cant even remember his last name in the fact he isnt even that good a quarterback,:D THOSE are two quarterbacks that are HARDLY special that scored a bunch of points on the Nolans defense.:D:lmao:

Mike Smith just doesnt want to get rid of him because he is afraid of breaking up the continuity of the team.:mad:

This is what i have to say to Mike Smith for not firing Mike Nolan and hiring Romeo Crennel this year when he had the chance..:fu: as do all falcons fans.Romeo I guarantee,would make that defense dangerous and they for sure would be in the superbowl this year.

You must not be aware that Romeo Crennal was the defensive coordianter of the chiefs two years ago who ruined the packers quest for an undefeated season that year coming up with defensive schemes thate frustrated aaron rodgers and the packers offense which the Giants studied the film from and learned from when they beat the packers in the playoffs and eventually went to and won the superbowl agains the patriots?

although i guarantee,that game was fixed.come on the packers losing to the kansas city clowns.i mean chiefs? naw,that game was rigged.

Mike Nolans sucks as bad as a defensive coordianteer as Greg Robinson did of the broncos and the chiefs and the one whos name I cant even remember for the raiders they had that year when they were in the superbowl agaisnt the bucs.

Not to brag,but I obviously knew what I was talking about when I laughed my ass off when Dick Vermeil hired Greg Robinson as the defensive coordinater of the cheifs admitting he made a mistake and then got rid of him the next year when his defense cost them against the colts,and when i alughed my ass off over the bengals stupidity to hire that defensive cordinater of the raiders whos Bengals defense then went on and gave up the most points in the league that year with him calling the shots on defense only to get much better once they got rid of him.

Dont you think theres a strong chance after all these points I have made,that I am more than likely right about Nolan as well? I mean come on Matthew stafford and Josh freeman scoring a bunch of points at will on that defense? those 2 quarterbacks,are HARDLY special.:D

Last edited:

Well Im a falcons fan only because of Tony Gonzalez.Him being the best tight end in the history of the game, I would like to see him get to the superbowl.

as much as i wanted to see your Hawks win that game,since they lost,I was then rooting for the falcons to go all the way and win it all so I have watched and followed alot of the Hawks games the last couple years, especially this past season.

are you kidding? if you watched as many falcons games as i did last year,you would know they sucked on defense.:lmao:Yeah you mean they had the BEST record in the NFL actually.But you ignored my points I brought up.they didnt have the best record in the NFL because of their defense,it was because of their offense putting up such big numbers.

AGAIN,the denver broncos got to those two superbowls in Elways final two years NOT because of their defense but because of their offense and John Elway.They got there DESPITE Greg Robinsons defense.like the falcons,theuir defense would always give up almost as many points as their offense scored because of greg robinson.

Same with the raiders,the raiders got to the superbowl against the tampa bay bucs because of rich gannon and their offense.the raiders defense also gave up almost as many points as the raiders scored so like the broncos,they got their in SPITE of their defensive coordinater,not because of him.The falcons followed the same pattern as the raiders and broncos.

Yeah but you arent aware that thats the way the falcons defense was against ALL teams,even the lousy ones that did not have a dangerous offense.:D and its because of Mike Nolans schemes.

Seattle and the niners defenses are the best defenses in the league so thats kinda unfair to Ryan to make that comparison.Its true that the falcons should have won that game against the niners and lost because Matty choked in the end taking his eye off the ball and not watching it being hiked to him instead looking downfield while it was being snapped to him which led to the niners winning score in that game.

However like I said,it wasnt against JUST those two teams that the falcons defense choked and gave up a bunch of points in the second half.If that was the case,then yeah,I would say the falcons have a good defense but that wasnt the case. I was wacthing two of their games at the end of the season against the Lions and Tampa Bay Bucs.Two teams that hardly have dangerous offenses.:D

and true to form,just like in the niners and seahawks game,the falcons scored a bunch of points in the first half but in the second half,Nolan went to his prevent defense-the defense that prevents you from winning the game and allowed the Lions to make it close game in the seond half and come back and make it interesting.they barely won when their offense had to bail them out in the end after their defense allowed them to get back into the game.same with the tampa bay bucs and THIS time they lost in the final game of the seaons and they even said they went all out and tried to win it all.

I mean come on.the LIONS offense and the tampa bay bucs offense? The tampa bay bucs offense had struggled all year long and then it came alive and won a game it had no business winning against a playoff hungry team in the final game of the season. yeah kapernick and wilson are special quarterbacks,but John Freeman of the bucs and Matt whats his name of the Lions-see I cant even remember his last name in the fact he isnt even that good a quarterback,:D THOSE are two quarterbacks that are HARDLY special that scored a bunch of points on the Nolans defense.:D:lmao:

Mike Smith just doesnt want to get rid of him because he is afraid of breaking up the continuity of the team.:mad:

This is what i have to say to Mike Smith for not firing Mike Nolan and hiring Romeo Crennel this year when he had the chance..:fu: as do all falcons fans.Romeo I guarantee,would make that defense dangerous and they for sure would be in the superbowl this year.

You must not be aware that Romeo Crennal was the defensive coordianter of the chiefs two years ago who ruined the packers quest for an undefeated season that year coming up with defensive schemes thate frustrated aaron rodgers and the packers offense which the Giants studied the film from and learned from when they beat the packers in the playoffs and eventually went to and won the superbowl agains the patriots?

although i guarantee,that game was fixed.come on the packers losing to the kansas city clowns.i mean chiefs? naw,that game was rigged.

Mike Nolans sucks as bad as a defensive coordianteer as Greg Robinson did of the broncos and the chiefs and the one whos name I cant even remember for the raiders they had that year when they were in the superbowl agaisnt the bucs.

Not to brag,but I obviously knew what I was talking about when I laughed my ass off when Dick Vermeil hired Greg Robinson as the defensive coordinater of the cheifs admitting he made a mistake and then got rid of him the next year when his defense cost them against the colts,and when i alughed my ass off over the bengals stupidity to hire that defensive cordinater of the raiders whos Bengals defense then went on and gave up the most points in the league that year with him calling the shots on defense only to get much better once they got rid of him.

Dont you think theres a strong chance after all these points I have made,that I am more than likely right about Nolan as well? I mean come on Matthew stafford and Josh freeman scoring a bunch of points at will on that defense? those 2 quarterbacks,are HARDLY special.:D

OK I'm convinced. I'm sure glad I'm not an Atlanta fan. Do yourself a favor and become a Seahawks fan.

:lol:

OK I'm convinced. I'm sure glad I'm not an Atlanta fan. Do yourself a favor and become a Seahawks fan.

:lol:

You should know by now I am.Its just the falcons are my second favorite.Looks like you missed the part where i said i was rooting for the seahawks to beat the falcons in that playoff game? it was only after the seahawks lost that i started rooting for the falcons to win.I guarantee you,the same thing will happen this year.

if the seahawks and falcons square off again in the playoffs,naturally i will be rooting for the hawks to win,but if they lose again,then its the falcons I will then be rooting for again to go all the way and win it all.butyeah,i WILL be watching more hawks games thsi year since i am convinced they are for real.i cant believe they got percy harvin,what a steal that was.Now that wilson has some receivers who can catch the ball,that offense will really be dangerous now this year.

Forum List

Back