If The Economy Is So Great Why Can't Most People Miss One Paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most live paycheck to paycheck because they don't make enough to save and corporate wages aren't spectacular for most. The system dictates most will have to live paycheck to paycheck.

Okay, so how does the lowly fast food worker manage to survive off $18,000 a year if $60,000 a year isn't enough to save money on a regular basis?

Well the 18 thousand dollar fast food worker doesn't have much after a mortgage, vehicle payment, and other necessities. Of course they can only afford a 300 thousand dollar house. In the end they got nothing....18 grand would barely feed a person.

Well the 18 thousand dollar fast food worker doesn't have much after a mortgage, vehicle payment, and other necessities. Of course they can only afford a 300 thousand dollar house. In the end they got nothing....18 grand would barely feed a person.

Somewhere in that rambling nonsense is sounded like you are basically admitting that real economic struggle is found in the $18K a year fast food worker--that the $60K a year government employee only lives paycheck to paycheck because they insist on living an expensive lifestyle that consumes their entire income.

because people do not know how to save and we live in an instant gratification society. 75 to 80 percent of the country lives paycheck to paycheck, no matter how the economy is doing.

what's your point?

As a family we went from the second 20% to the top 20% (top 10% of income earned) in less than 5 years by working hard to improve our situation. We are nothing special and had no outside help other than the GI Bill that I earned and used to get my Masters.

I am not sure what can be done short of taking away rights and freedoms, and I could never stand for that.

someone with a master's should know that Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment even if all potential labor market participants were required to obtain a doctorate before participating in the market for labor.

I have never denied that Capitalism had a natural rate of unemployment, of course it does that is why 4% is considered full employment.

We differ on if it is a bad thing and what should be done about it.

You miss the point. We have a "natural rate of unemployment for the bottom line of capitalists" not the People.

The People would prefer a natural rate of employment for the People.

We are all capitalists, or if you have more than half a brain you are.

Also, if there is a natural rate of unemployment, there has to be a corresponding natural rate of employment.

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

Being self employed means times can be feast or famine so when times are good you set aside for times that are bad...I know I have to or I don't make it..

Most live paycheck to paycheck because they don't make enough to save and corporate wages aren't spectacular for most. The system dictates most will have to live paycheck to paycheck.
How about most live paycheck to paycheck, because today's schools dont teach economics anymore...They teach the kids classes that will enable them to get into college, where again, they teach them how to put a penis in a man's ass, but nothing to keep them economically sound...Ban the Dept of Education, fire all of the communists who flock there...

Okay, so how does the lowly fast food worker manage to survive off $18,000 a year if $60,000 a year isn't enough to save money on a regular basis?
I was a fast food worker when I was young. Instead of being a victim of liberalism and a loser, I used my God given talent to fix fighter jets. Stupid twits like you, would rather sit on your ass, making burgers all day, and bitch and moan how little your job is worth. Maybe if there weren't as many burger joints and a large supply of non skilled workers, the pay would be higher. Supply and demand, not as many people cant fix jets, but a whole lot of people can flip a burger....Dumbass...

what's your point?

As a family we went from the second 20% to the top 20% (top 10% of income earned) in less than 5 years by working hard to improve our situation. We are nothing special and had no outside help other than the GI Bill that I earned and used to get my Masters.

I am not sure what can be done short of taking away rights and freedoms, and I could never stand for that.

someone with a master's should know that Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment even if all potential labor market participants were required to obtain a doctorate before participating in the market for labor.

I have never denied that Capitalism had a natural rate of unemployment, of course it does that is why 4% is considered full employment.

You miss the point. We have a "natural rate of unemployment for the bottom line of capitalists" not the People.

Also, if there is a natural rate of unemployment, there has to be a corresponding natural rate of employment.

Why is there any homeless problem in "Right to Work" States.

Is it right that banks borrow from the fed at 2 or 3% then banks charge 24% intrest on credit card balances. I think everyone should be able to borrow from the fed at 2% intrest.

The economy is only doing well if you are in the top 10%. For everybody else, not so much.

The same reason Donald has gone bankrupt over and over. Reckless spending behaviors and general stupidity.

Speaking of general stupidity, how do you call "over and over again" when the number is actually five bankruptcies after owning or operating over 550 companies?

A good percentage of employers are frankly bad places to work and should be avoided. Seeing them struggle to find workers would be a win win for the nation . One needn't start out at entry level wages if one is trained in a field in demand. Minimum wage equals minum effort.

Is it right that banks borrow from the fed at 2 or 3% then banks charge 24% intrest on credit card balances. I think everyone should be able to borrow from the fed at 2% intrest.

Is it right that banks borrow from the fed at 2 or 3%

You think banks are borrowing a lot from the Fed? How much?

I think everyone should be able to borrow from the fed at 2% intrest

All you have to do is become a bank and then become a member of the Federal Reserve system.
Some paperwork is involved. Keep us posted on your progress.

fast food work is for teenagers and first time or retired workers and never meant to be a life time job

what's your point?

Why is there any homeless problem in "Right to Work" States.

Not everyone wants to work, not everyone is willing to do what it takes to better themselves, not everyone has the skills needed for the jobs that are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back