If Palin were to become President.....

Sarah will run for Senator before taking on the job as President. Senate Majority Leader sounds like a great title to me.

she really needs to rack up her economic and geopolitical knowledge. it would probably double her support over time.
She already knows all the economics she needs to know: cut taxes and reduce spending.

she doesn't know the 'whys' though, she wouldn't last in a debate or long speech without help.

she really needs to rack up her economic and geopolitical knowledge. it would probably double her support over time.
She already knows all the economics she needs to know: cut taxes and reduce spending.

she doesn't know the 'whys' though, she wouldn't last in a debate or long speech without help.
What are you talking about?

She killed Biden in their debate. Not that it's a difficult thing schooling Biden's ass on ANYTHING but, she did kick his ass!

You mean like one of those teleprompter thingamajigees?:razz:

What are you talking about?

She killed Biden in their debate. Not that it's a difficult thing schooling Biden's ass on ANYTHING but, she did kick his ass!

that debate was a joke. she skipped a bunch of questions and used cop out answers. biden kept repeating stuff over and over. imagine if she were to debate peter schiff or ron paul on fiscal sanity or some of the leading economic liberals on why keynes was a genius. she would get crushed.

I'm not sure there is any woman who is active in politics today that has the balls it takes to become President.

Just saying...:eek:

Where do you think she would rank?

I really don't know why everyone has got so much anxiety over Sarah Palin. I don't think she is even going to try to run. She has an ENORMOUS hurdle she would have to go over, & that would be resigning as govenor. Republicans are not going to make her the nominee--& I doubt very seriously she has any intention of running. If she did want to run for POTUS--she would have stayed as govenor.

She is a great speaker for the conservative cause & I think she intends on campaigning for others who she considers conservative.

Remaining as governor would have made it impossible for her to run. The number of warrantless lawsuits aimed at keeping her tied up by the liberal machine kept her from taking care of Alaska, tied up her time, and prevented her from raising the capital necessary to make a decent run for president. She has actually positioned herself well for a run if the will of her supporters are behind her.

McCain, Obama, Biden, and Hillary set aside their duties as Senator's to make a run. Governors in Alaska don't have that luxury. Her move to resign did two things. It freed up the governorship to get on with the important business of governing Alaska and allowed Sarah to organize for conservatives who are sick and tired of moderates in GOP clothing.

I really don't know why everyone has got so much anxiety over Sarah Palin. I don't think she is even going to try to run. She has an ENORMOUS hurdle she would have to go over, & that would be resigning as govenor. Republicans are not going to make her the nominee--& I doubt very seriously she has any intention of running. If she did want to run for POTUS--she would have stayed as govenor.

She is a great speaker for the conservative cause & I think she intends on campaigning for others who she considers conservative.

Remaining as governor would have made it impossible for her to run. The number of warrantless lawsuits aimed at keeping her tied up by the liberal machine kept her from taking care of Alaska, tied up her time, and prevented her from raising the capital necessary to make a decent run for president. She has actually positioned herself well for a run if the will of her supporters are behind her.

McCain, Obama, Biden, and Hillary set aside their duties as Senator's to make a run. Governors in Alaska don't have that luxury. Her move to resign did two things. It freed up the governorship to get on with the important business of governing Alaska and allowed Sarah to organize for conservatives who are sick and tired of moderates in GOP clothing.

Push the moderates out and see where it gets the GOP. Fact is, the GOP was hijacked by these so called conservatives. When in reality, the conservative that Sarah Palin can legitimately claim is social. Sure, she is pro life. Yep, she is against gay marriage. Does she want to revive the spirit of the true American. You betcha. Conservative? Other than wanting to spend an ass load of taxpayer money on a bridge in Alaska, then only canceling the project when it became clear that Alaskans would have to pay for their own damn bridge, she a pretty decent track record. My problem is her preparedness. A Vice Presidential candidate that cannot accurately describe the duties of the Vice President is a problem. A political candidate that will not let go of a tactic that isn't working is a problem(ie. Bill Ayers). The sense that she is incapable for abstract thought is a problem.

Politics aside, the right needs better spokesperson. The binding glue of the GOP is conservatism, whether it be political or social. When the social conservatives figure out that the people that they label as moderates or RINO's are actually more conservative than they are on political issues and are willing to overlook the rabid obsession that they have on issues like abortion and homos, then the Party will actually come together. Instead of these social conservatives screaming for what they call moderates to shut up and get out of their party, I would like to see these "moderates" take their party back. Without liberals like Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt, and true conservatives like Goldwater, you social conservatives wouldn't have the platform that you do. Grow up. Figure out that you are not the whole GOP and get used to the idea that even Reagan was more moderate than you. Otherwise, be prepared to spend a lot of years as the opposition.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Push the moderates out and see where it gets the GOP. Fact is, the GOP was hijacked by these so called conservatives. When in reality, the conservative that Sarah Palin can legitimately claim is social. Sure, she is pro life. Yep, she is against gay marriage. Does she want to revive the spirit of the true American. You betcha. Conservative? Other than wanting to spend an ass load of taxpayer money on a bridge in Alaska, then only canceling the project when it became clear that Alaskans would have to pay for their own damn bridge, she a pretty decent track record. My problem is her preparedness. A Vice Presidential candidate that cannot accurately describe the duties of the Vice President is a problem. A political candidate that will not let go of a tactic that isn't working is a problem(ie. Bill Ayers). The sense that she is incapable for abstract thought is a problem.

Politics aside, the right needs better spokesperson. The binding glue of the GOP is conservatism, whether it be political or social. When the social conservatives figure out that the people that they label as moderates or RINO's are actually more conservative than they are on political issues and are willing to overlook the rabid obsession that they have on issues like abortion and homos, then the Party will actually come together. Instead of these social conservatives screaming for what they call moderates to shut up and get out of their party, I would like to see these "moderates" take their party back. Without liberals like Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt, and true conservatives like Goldwater, you social conservatives wouldn't have the platform that you do. Grow up. Figure out that you are not the whole GOP and get used to the idea that even Reagan was more moderate than you. Otherwise, be prepared to spend a lot of years as the opposition.

i never understood why social conservatives aren't called liberals. both groups want to control large aspects of people's lives and both are willing to expand the government to do it.

i never understood why social conservatives aren't called liberals. both groups want to control large aspects of people's lives and both are willing to expand the government to do it.

When you figure it out let me know, until then I'll just keep fighting to get my party back.

Couldn't agree more. Palin wields enormous power just doing what she's doing. She can use that power to back candidates she can support.

I don't think she has any intention of running either. Why the hell would she?? She's making a great living and enjoying herself to boot. She can also give her detractors the finger whenever she wants to. She's isn't holding a public office so the pc police can all drop dead.

Why in hell would she give all that up for the thankless job of President???? Jeeze.

Forum List

Back