Was FDR the best President in American history?

or how does he rank?

I read a book called the "forgotten man" about the great depression & FDR. Overall--FDR very smart man--much more so than we have today--actually spent 6 months in office, prior to cutting 100 MILLION out of the budget--something that was huge in the 1930's.

Some claim that by his spending actions he actually ended up extending the Great Depression--others or should I say liberals & this administration that he brought us out of it.

My opinion after reading this book--we had our little pops in employment gains that were not prolonged--& then we they would see unemployment rise again. In reality the only thing that brought us out of the great depression was WW2.

• Banned
is harding toward the bottom because he got a girl pregnant?

Not only no.....HELL NO!

FDR ranks in the bottom three.

1) Wilson
2) Lincoln
2) FDR

Really? You rank them lower than Grant, Harding, and Buchanan?
Harding ruled!....Easily top 10!

He had an overall sum total cut in federal gubmint and held Friday night poker parties at the White House.

Teapot Dome wasn't his fault.

Grant and Buchanan weren't directly responsible for the deaths of 1% of the young men that Wilson and FDR killed.

Not only no.....HELL NO!

FDR ranks in the bottom three.

1) Wilson
2) Lincoln
2) FDR

He had an overall sum total cut in federal gubmint and held Friday night poker parties at the White House.

how did lincoln get so close to the bottom?

500,000+ needless deaths and millions of homeless and maimed.

Don't tell me it was over slavery.

500,000+ needless deaths and millions of homeless and maimed.

Don't tell me it was over slavery.

i thought it was over the right to secede or not.

or how does he rank?

FDR...Number 1...

The New Deal ushered in an era where a middle class family could be sustained by a single provider without accumulating debt.

Then the 'family values' party gained control, and the family unit was destroyed. Kids now come home from school to an empty house.

FDR was the worst by far.

The dictator who stole the civil liberties of American citizens, engaged us in a World war we had no part in, forever ruined our time honored and sucessful way of governing and ushered in the nanny state.

Forum List

Back