If Not For The Holocaust, There Could Have Been 32 Million Jews In The World Today,

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
If it were not for the Holocaust, the number of Jews in the world would likely today be at least 26 million, and perhaps even as much as 32 million, says Prof. Sergio DellaPergola of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

DellaPergola, a world renowned figure in Jewish demography, is Shlomo Argov Professor of Israel-Diaspora Relations and director of the Division of Jewish Demography and Statistics at the Avraham Harman Institute of Contemporary Jewry at the Hebrew University.

"The Holocaust struck a deep blow to the demographic, cultural and social fabric of the Jewish people in many ways and with long-range consequences," says DellaPergola. In 1939 there were 16.5 million Jews in the world, and in 1945 the number was estimated at 11 million, he said. In an article to be published soon in the journal Bishvil Hazikaron of the International School for Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem, Prof. DellaPergola provides his analyses of the demographic damage to the Jewish people resulting from the Holocaust.

EDITED short, please refresh yourself on our copyright policy.
If Not For The Holocaust, There Could Have Been 32 Million Jews In The World Today, Expert Says

We were meant to last our six millennium Jroc. We've got an expiry date. :lol: That we make it to that end with Israel recreated, then our prophesy is fulfilled.

It was all meant to be Jroc. It is all meant to be. The mundane physical world is but a transition and one of which there need be no fear.

I have always known that this was to be so and it is simply our individual choices in our lives which will determine our strength of soul.

In the end, that is all we will have. Some think we will have nothing and have had no purpose. Others purport yet different endings and religious/cultural interpretations.

I think of it as though I am on a canoe in a fast moving river. I have control of what is in my canoe. I can steer to different exits should I choose and the river is not a calm one. There are many choices and often poor decisions. Yet the end result is the end, the transition from life to death and which every human being will perform as their last physical effort. But it begins with my first effort in breathing and my last effort in breathing.

Just as a light shines our way in and out.

Last edited:
I remember stories from my childhood, of my great-grandparents and their families being taken from homes at night never to be seen again. The Slovenian Gypsies.

Gone but not forgotten.

Where's MY family?

Lots of nationalities suffered catastrophic declines in the 20th century. Cambodia down by 1/3, Russia down by 25%, Lebanon down by 15%.

China probably suffered worst in absolute numbers, Rwanda by percentage.

the 19th century wasn't so hot either. China had a civil war that may have cost it 15% of the population. Ireland lost more than half to famine and emigration (Ireland has yet to recover the population it had in 1840)

Germany managed to combine stupid and high tech in an amazing package, and while others have done worse with less the German example stands out on its own.

We were meant to last our six millennium Jroc. We've got an expiry date. :lol: That we make it to that end with Israel recreated, then our prophesy is fulfilled.

It was all meant to be Jroc. It is all meant to be. The mundane physical world is but a transition and one of which there need be no fear.

I have always known that this was to be so and it is simply our individual choices in our lives which will determine our strength of soul.

In the end, that is all we will have. Some think we will have nothing and have had no purpose. Others purport yet different endings and religious/cultural interpretations.

I think of it as though I am on a canoe in a fast moving river. I have control of what is in my canoe. I can steer to different exits should I choose and the river is not a calm one. There are many choices and often poor decisions. Yet the end result is the end, the transition from life to death and which every human being will perform as their last physical effort. But it begins with my first effort in breathing and my last effort in breathing.

Just as a light shines our way in and out.

I agree Ropey, everything that as happend was meant to happen, I only posted this to show the impact of the Holocaust on our people, although this was only one of the attempts at our destruction thoughout our long history, there are still others today that would destroy us if they were able, but we are still here. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back