If I'm proud of what I am, that's a problem for many people...

If I'm proud to be a man, that makes me a misogynist.

If I'm proud to be white, that makes me a racist.

If I'm proud to be straight, that makes me a homophobe.

And even if I don't have pride in being a straight white man, I am privileged.

The classic no-win situation for me.
Actually none of those things except the white privilege thing is true. That happens whether you want it to or not.

PROUD TO BE A SOUTHERN WHITE MAN [emoji1317]
4521c5a7acdf11a2b6802bbcb0e494fd.jpg

Proud to fly a flag of traitors ? Proud of all’s the US troops they killed , more than any enemy in history ? Proud of how they tried to destroy the United States ? Proud of their stance on slavery ?

I bet you get all upset at the athletes who kneel.
Actually, that's not even the con-federate flag......some people are too stupid to even know that when they fly that.

Or some people are too stupid when they see it and think it is.

Actually none of those things except the white privilege thing is true. That happens whether you want it to or not.

If privilege means better I see your point.

And, by the way Eagle, this thread isn't that a person shouldn't be proud of stuff, it's just that being proud of being male, or white, isn't anything you worked for, it's just something that is.

Am I proud to be a white boy from Montana? Maybe about the fact I'm from Montana, but being white shouldn't be something to be proud or ashamed of, because it's just something that is.

My accomplishments however, are quite another thing. I'm proud of the fact that I've ridden a bicycle long distances, from Memphis to Jacksonville FL, from Jacksonville FL to Newport RI, and from Newport RI to Norfolk VA (rode a bicycle each time I transferred commands). I'm also proud of the fact that while I was in Memphis, I was ranked 20th for amateur bike riders in the city (did 10 miles in 22 min), of the speeds I could hit (been clocked at 66 mph going downhill, could hit 53 drafting on the flats, 48 on my own, and cruised at 20 to 25 mph).

But none of those things have anything to do with my gender or color.

Same with everything I accomplished in my life and in the Navy.
Comments on this thread would disagree with you..................To what you just stated it is up to the individual to achieve his or her goals.............Through hard work and getting up after being knocked on his or her backside..........................

Pride in a job well done.............is about getting done and saying........yeah I did that............and has nothing to do with Race, or creed..........

This thread is a probe into another CLASS WARFARE Political agenda............which is BS.

Who says you can’t be proud ? Be proud.

But when you are tearing down others, that’s not pride . That’s hatred .
Cut the taxes in half for all then. Lets prove your theory of love. Progressive style! As an observer of this I am interested. What is real? What is artificial?

Who says you can’t be proud ? Be proud.

But when you are tearing down others, that’s not pride . That’s hatred .
Cut the taxes in half for all then. Lets prove your theory of love. Progressive style! As an observer of this I am interested. What is real? What is artificial?
WTH? Do you ever make and fucking sense?

Oh, dear baby Jebuz wishing his mother kept her legs closed.
You're a pasty, lazy white asshole that thinks he is a polymath. You think you are entitled to more than what the unlevel playing field has dumped into your lazy lap. You're born with three touch downs and you still whine incessantly about being sidelined for a fucking parking ticket. Nothing to be proud of her.

Why take pride in things that you has absolutely nothing to do with?

Normal human behavior.

Normal human behavior.

Well then I guess I and other people who think it's stupid to be proud of skin color or what sex organs you were born with aren't "normal"

Normal human behavior.

Well then I guess I and other people who think it's stupid to be proud of skin color or what sex organs you were born with aren't "normal"

Correct.

It is normal and healthy to be proud of all kinds of things you have not control over. TO be proud of your nation, or your city, or your school, or your parents.

It is not normal and sick to NOT have such feelings, or worse to consider such feelings to be wrong.

Normal human behavior.

Correct.

It is normal and healthy to be proud of all kinds of things you have not control over. TO be proud of your nation, or your city, or your school, or your parents.

It is not normal and sick to NOT have such feelings, or worse to consider such feelings to be wrong.

No it's not.

Why be proud that you have blue eyes unless it's because you think you're better than people with brown eyes?

And you do realize that the fact that you were born on this particular patch of dirt doesn't make you any different from any other person born on a different patch of dirt?

Normal human behavior.

Correct.

No it's not.

Why be proud that you have blue eyes unless it's because you think you're better than people with brown eyes?

And you do realize that the fact that you were born on this particular patch of dirt doesn't make you any different from any other person born on a different patch of dirt?

It is not about the dirt. It is about the people who are part of your group. It is normal and healthy to be proud of the group you are a member of.

It is part of the social dynamics of a healthy group, that allows it to work together, for the good of it's members.

The failure of that, is a group becoming unhealthy, perhaps even dying.

Normal human behavior.

Correct.

No it's not.

It is not about the dirt. It is about the people who are part of your group. It is normal and healthy to be proud of the group you are a member of.

It is part of the social dynamics of a healthy group, that allows it to work together, for the good of it's members.

So I should be proud of people not for what they have done but because they belong to some arbitrary group?

Basing your identity and self worth on arbitrary things is unhealthy and delusional

Normal human behavior.

Correct.

No it's not.

so what is the difference between your comment and playing identity politics?

If privilege means better I see your point.
It doesn't.

I'd say "look it up" but I know you won't so here:

priv·i·lege
/ˈpriv(ə)lij/

noun
  1. 1.
    a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group.

Normal human behavior.

Correct.

No it's not.

So I should be proud of people not for what they have done but because they belong to some arbitrary group?

Basing your identity and self worth on arbitrary things is unhealthy and delusional

You already said that. And I addressed it.

What you did there, was the Logical Fallacy of Proof by Assertion.

My point stands.

Forum List

Back